Get complete information on top BCA entrance exams in India. Additionally, find latest updates regarding syllabus, dates, question papers and more.
The top BCA entrance exams in India include IPU CET, CUET, SET, AIMA UGAT, and more. The admission process for BCA usually begins in the month of April 2023. Top BCA colleges accept students on the basis of 10+2 marks and national, state or university-level exam scores.
Bachelor of Computer Applications, simply known as BCA, is an undergraduate academic course in computer applications for candidates who wish to build their career in the field of Software & Information Technology after 10+2. It requires a minimum of three years with six semesters, to get a Bachelor of Computer Applications degree.
After successful completion of the course, the student will have complete knowledge on how to produce computer applications to gratify the user’s need with the help of different programming languages such as C, C++, Python, JAVA, and much more. With a sound academic knowledge of computer applications, one can easily land into large IT and software organizations as entry-level computer applications software engineers.
- List of Top BCA Entrance Exams
- BCA Application Deadlines 2023
- BCA Admission Process
- Top BCA Colleges 2023
- What after BCA?
List of Top BCA Entrance Exams
BCA is a professional management course. There are many colleges/ institutes and universities that offer the admission of BCA courses in their colleges and universities. To offer admission in BCA courses there are some colleges or universities that conduct the BCA entrance examination for admission at the national level. The interested candidates can go through the BCA entrance exams list given below:
BCA Entrance Exams Schedule
The BCA exam 2023 tentative schedule is mentioned in the table below. In some cases, exams are held on multiple dates due to the demand of the exam. Some of these are all India common entrance tests for BCA.
|Exam Name||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|IPU CET||June 18 to 25, 2023|
|AIMA UGAT||May 6, 2023|
|BUMAT||4th week of June 2023|
|SET||May 6, 2023 and May 14, 2023|
|LUCSAT||The first week of May 2023|
BCA Entrance Exams Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for BCA entrance exams varies from exam to exam. Check some of the popular BCA exams syllabus here and download PDF copies by visiting the links provided.
KIITEE Entrance Exam Syllabus
KIITEE entrance exam mainly consists of the following subjects
The chapters for the subjects are mostly based on the topics in higher secondary education. For detailed information visit KIITEE Syllabus.
DSAT Entrance Exam Syllabus
Along with 12th standard regular subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, DSAT exam also tests candidates English language skills. Check the brief description of the topics below.
- Physics: Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Current Electricity, Gravity, Thermodynamics, Atomic Structure, Oscillation of Waves, Properties of Bulk Matter, Magnetic effect, etc.
Chemistry: Electrochemistry, Basics of Chemistry, Solutions, Surface Chemistry, Chemistry Kinetics, Hydrogen, Equilibrium, State of Matter, Redox Reaction, Polymers, Chemical Bonding, Classification of Elements, Biomolecules, etc.
Mathematics: Algebra, Sets - Functions & Relations, Mathematical Reasoning, Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, Probability, Linear Programming, and Vectors.
- English: Idioms & Phrases, Fill in the blanks, English Usage Errors, Comprehension, Rearranging the Sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms, Analogies, etc.
To check all the topics in detail, visit DSAT Syllabus.
Other BCA entrance exams syllabus:
BCA Entrance Exams Pattern
BCA exam pattern will give the candidates clear information about the exam. Exam pattern for few BCA entrance exams is given below:
BCA Entrance Exam Question Papers
The question papers for some of the popular BCA entrance exams can be downloaded by visiting the pages listed below. Along with the question papers, you can also download PDF copies for BCA entrance exam sample papers.
BCA Entrance Exam Prerequisites
For appearing for the BCA entrance exam, specific guiding rules can help the candidates ease their search. The BCA exam prerequisites are as follows:
- Start with a list of BCA entrance exams and the colleges that accept the same.
- Check the eligibility criteria of each college as they may vary.
- Next, learn the application and admission process.
- In addition, make a note of the application fees and admission fees.
- Moreover, check the steps to take admission under distance courses such as IGNOU.
BCA Application Deadlines 2023
The closing dates for the BCA entrance exam 2023 differ. The dates are as mentioned in the table:
|Exam Name||Application Process||Application End Date|
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination||KIITEE||April 5, 2023|
|Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test||IPU CET||May 31, 2023|
|Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology & Science Entrance Exam||SHUATS||July 20, 2023|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test||BVP BUMAT||Third week of June 2023|
|Integral University Entrance Test||IUET||March 2023|
|Dayanand Sagar Admission Test||DSAT||July 2023|
|Sharda University Admission Test||SUAT||June 2022|
BCA Admission Process
There are a variety of BCA entrance exams that are conducted for admissions into BCA courses under various colleges. However, there may be some exceptions. Here is the BCA admission process:
- BCA Government Colleges Admission: Most government colleges offer BCA Admission 2023 based on 10+2 results. Moreover, government colleges have a high set of admission criteria and merit cut-off range up to 90% or more.
- BCA Private Colleges Admission: Generally, the admissions are based on the merit of the candidates. Some colleges conduct their admission test, and the cut off is released for admissions.
- BCA Deemed Universities Admission: Deemed universities usually conduct all India common entrance tests for BCA. Admission counselling and seat allotment are based on the entrance exam marks.
- BCA Distance Education Admissions: Most of the scores of 10+2 is considered for admissions into BCA courses.
BCA Entrance Exams Eligibility
It is common for conducting authorities and universities to expect their candidates to qualify some criteria for admission. Each university/conducting authority has various eligibility criteria for candidates who wish to participate in their admission process. The common eligibility criteria for the BCA Entrance Exams conducted in India are as follows:
- The candidates seeking admission to the Bachelor of Computer Application need to possess their High School Examination scorecard or equivalent diploma degree with mathematics as their main subject in the qualifying exam.
- The candidate needs to score a minimum of 50% marks in order to meet the eligibility criteria. Some colleges have increased the qualifying percentage from 50%-60%.
How to Apply For BCA Admission?
Filling the BCA application form for candidates eager to apply for a BCA course is compulsory. Below are the steps to be followed:
- Step 1: Registration
Registering for any BCA course, candidates need to visit the official website of the college/ university. Start filling the registration form by entering details such as name, contact number, and email Id.
- Step 2: Fill the Form
After registration, candidates need to fill the form with their personal and academic details.
- Step 3: Upload Documents
Next, the candidates need to upload scanned documents such as the 10th and 12th mark sheets.
- Step 4: Fee Payment
Candidates must pay the application fee, and the amount of fees varies for different colleges.
- Step 5: Print for Future Use
Lastly, candidates are suggested to take a printout of their application form for future reference.
Top BCA Colleges 2023
Here is the list of top BCA colleges in India along with their average fees:
|Name of the College||Average Fees (Approx.)|
|Presidency College||INR 90,000 - 1,00,000|
|Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies||INR 90,000|
|Stella Maris College, Chennai||INR 1,00,000|
|Loyola College, Chennai||INR 2,00,000 - 2,50,000|
|Christ University, Bengaluru||INR 4,00,000 - 5,00,000|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune||INR 5,00,000 - 6,00,000|
|Amity Institute of Information Technology||INR 6,00,000|
What after BCA?
This is the most commonly asked question by the candidates. You can give an instant thrust to your career by pursuing MCA after BCA. However, there are other options too that you could consider doing after completing your BCA degree.
- Prepare for CAT and go for MBA in IT management.
- Complete your Master’s degree by studying M.Sc (IT).
- Go for a networking diploma and prepare for CCNP or CCNA certifications.
- Prepare for Microsoft Solution Associate (MCSA) Certification or Redhat Certifications and work as a system administrator or Desktop Technician or Help desk assistant.
- You could also improve your teaching skills and work as a computer teacher/instructor in schools, universities, and colleges.
- If you are good at web programming then improve your coding skills and make your career in web development. You can also work as an independent web designer.
- A lot of BCA graduates also go for development jobs. You could consider one too.
In a nutshell, the BCA course opens a lot of horizons for the aspirants to pursue careers that involve working with computer technologies. Since the world is shifting to automation these days, treading the path that leads to them is really a good investment a student can make. I hope this whole article was helpful to you in realizing of learning a BCA degree.
POST YOUR COMMENT