International Mathematical Olympiad Registration 2023 - Fees, Dates
International Mathematics Olympiad is a mathematics-based competition exam conducted every year by the HBTSE. The aim is to identify and support students who show the potential of becoming future scientists or technologists. International Mathematical Olympiad 2023-24 Registration begins in early November every year.
Students interested in participating in the International Mathematical Olympiad have to only register for IOQM (PRMO+RMO), the first stage of HBCSE IMO. Students are moved to further rounds, depending on their performance in the previous rounds.
Table of Contents
- International Mathematical Olympiad 2023-24 Registration Process
- International Mathematical Olympiad Registration Fees
- International Mathematical Olympiad Exam Centre
- International Mathematical Olympiad 2023-24 Selection Procedure
International Mathematical Olympiad Registration Process 2023-24
Students are eligible for International Mathematical Olympiad Registration 2023-24 only through the registered schools, Kendriya Vidyalaya or Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya. Schools can register as a center of registration only if a minimum of 20 students register at the center. The list of registration centers will be published on the HBCSE official website. Students can go to their nearest registration center and register.
All Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV), Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV), and Atomic Energy Central Schools may register as registration centers regardless of the number of students registered from other schools.
A student studying in Kendriya Vidyalaya and JNU can register only through their respective schools. Only then there is a concessional fee for these students. Other students can register in a KV, JNV, or any other registration center. The registration fees vary for students depending on their school.
- Students are requested to give all the required details, which are required in International Mathematical Olympiad Registration 2023-24.
- Students are also asked to check the eligibility criteria before they approach the center for registration. If the student is ineligible, they will be disqualified immediately from all subsequent participation in the Indian Mathematical Olympiad.
- Once the student has registered, they can check the MTA website for registration status.
- Go to student registration and click on check your status. This info will be updated within a week after the registration.
Note: Individual students are not allowed to register directly to IOQM. They have to register via one of their registration centers.
International Mathematical Olympiad Registration Fees
The HBCSE International Mathematical Olympiad registration centers should retain Rs.20 per non-KV and non-JNV student and remit Rs.200 to MTA/IAPT, whereas KVs and JNV should send the full collected amount to MTA/IAPT.
HBCSE International Mathematical Olympiad registration 2023-24 for registration centers will be open from June (tentative). A list of International Mathematical Olympiad registered centers will be available from mid-June (tentative).
The table below shows the registration fee per student for the International Mathematical Olympiad application.
|School||HBCSE IMO Registration Fees|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya||INR 125|
|Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya||INR 100|
|Other Schools||INR 220|
Note: Registration centers are requested to accept registration from any student who approaches them for the same.
International Mathematical Olympiad Exam Centre
Students are divided by region. Regions are decided using the postal address of the school in which the student is studying. India is divided into 26 regions, along with all KVs and JNV's acting as separate regions.
All KVs and JNV will host the exam. Other exam centers in the city will be given on the website, and the students will be distributed to the nearest exam center. Regional coordinators' will be sent a list of students, each selected through IOQM are eligible for the INMO exam.
Note: The list of students who have cleared the cutoff set for IOQM will be announced on the HBCSE website.
International Mathematical Olympiad 2023-24 Selection Procedure
The International Mathematical Olympiad also helps students to compete with other students from across the country or world. It helps them judge their mathematical skills. The results of the HBCSE IMO will give students an idea of their academic growth. A student performance report received after participating in the Olympiad provides a detailed analysis of the exam's performance.
The Pre-Regional Mathematics Olympiad will be organized jointly by MTA (Mathematics Teachers' Association) and the "Indian Association for Physics Teachers." Students and schools can register as participants and registration centers on the MTA exam website.
Given below is the selection procedure for 2023-24.
- Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) Selection Process
- IMO Training Camp (IMOTC) Selection Process
- International Mathematical Olympiad Selection Process
Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) Selection Process
Students who cleared the IOQM are selected for INMO based on their performance in IOQM. The top 30 students from classes 8, 9, 10, and 11 and the top 6 students from class 12 are selected to participate in INMO in each region.
- Up to 5 students studying in non-KV CBSE schools and KV schools outside India may be selected to appear directly for the INMO examination. The students will be selected by CBSE and KVS, respectively.
- Five additional girls are selected only from among students studying in classes 8, 9, 10, and 11, not including the students for each region.
IMO Training Camp Selection Process
Based on their score in INMO, the top 30 students from classes 8, 9, 10, 11, and the top 6 students from class 12 in merit from all over the country will be chosen as INMO awardees.
- INMO merit certificate holders of a particular cycle of exams in class XII while writing INMO for the next cycle qualify as an INMO awardee in the class 12 quota.
- INMO certificates of merit are awarded to the next 45 students who have performed well in INMO but have not qualified as INMO awardees.
- In addition to the INMO awardees (outside the INMO awardees list), five girl students will be chosen based on their performance in INMO for training and possible selection in the EGMO 2021-22 team.
- Along with INMO awardees (along with selected additional girl students. All these students should clear the eligibility criteria) of the previous cycle (called senior batch) and are invited to IMOTC.
International Mathematical Olympiad Selection Process
There is a new stage called Pre Departure Camp, for which the six students with the best performances (combined pool of junior and senior batch participants) at IMOTC are selected.
These students are also checked if they have a valid passport and other required documentation to go to the country where the International Mathematical Olympiad is conducted.
Having registered for IOQM, students have to start preparing early to beat the tough competition from students all over the country. The International Mathematical Olympiad preparation should include using reference books and sample papers. Students also have to go through the HBCSE IMO syllabus to understand the concepts they need to concentrate on.