International Mathematical Olympiad Syllabus 2022: Download Updated Syllabus Pdf
International Mathematical Olympiad, introduced in 1959, is the world championship mathematics contest for high school students. The Olympiad is held annually in over 100 countries. There is no prescribed exam pattern, but the International Mathematical Olympiad syllabus is framed with a high difficulty level for students of all classes who are eligible to participate.
Table of Contents
- International Mathematical Olympiad Syllabus 2021-22
- International Mathematical Olympiad Exam Pattern
- International Mathematical Olympiad 2021-22 Exam Instructions
International Mathematical Olympiad Syllabus 2021-22
The International Mathematics Olympiad syllabus for all the stages (pre-regional, regional, national, and international) is secondary and higher secondary mathematics. The areas covered are,
- Arithmetic of Integers
- Quadratic Equations and Expressions
- Coordinate Geometry
- System of Linear Equations
- Permutations and Combination
- Factorization of Polynomial
- Elementary Combinatorics
- Probability Theory
- Number Theory
- Finite Series
- Complex Numbers
- Elementary graph theory
The International Mathematical Olympiad syllabus does not cover some of the topics that include calculus and statistics.
The International Mathematics Olympiad question papers mainly cover problems from the following areas. The important topics include,
- Number Theory
The International Mathematical Olympiad syllabus is spread from classes X to XII. And the questions asked under each given topic are framed with a high difficulty level, and it increases as a student clears each stage.
International Mathematical Olympiad Exam Pattern
HBCSE IMO is one of the toughest exams in the world for school students, so it's better to start the International Mathematical Olympiad preparation every day. Besides, with proper preparation, students can understand how to solve descriptive problems asked in the higher stages of HBCSE IMO.
The marks divided in the HBCSE IMO question paper are,
- Questions 1 to 6 carry two marks each.
- Questions 7 to 21 carry three marks each.
- Questions 22 to 30 carry five marks each.
- There is no negative marking, and questions asked in HBCSE IMO are compulsory.
Given below is the examination pattern for International Mathematical Olympiad 2021-22.
|Exam||No of Questions||Type of Questions|
|PRMO||30||Questions with 1-2 digit answers|
The table below shows the International Mathematical Olympiad exam duration for all levels.
|Exam||Time (in hrs)|
|HBCSE IMO||9 hours divided equally over 2 days|
Note: For PRMO, a copy of the OMR sheet gives the student for your later reference.
International Mathematical Olympiad 2021-22 Exam Instructions
The examination strictly prohibits the use of mobile phones, iPods, calculators, programmable wristwatches, and any other electronic devices. Given below are the other exam instructions of the HBCSE International Mathematical Olympiad exam.
- Students are allowed to use ordinary pens and pencils inside the examination hall.
- As the correction is done automatically through scanning, the students must darken the bubbles only when they are sure of the answer.
- Students will be provided only one OMR sheet; if they damage the sheet while erasing or any other means, no additional sheet will be provided.
- OMR sheets must be shaded only using a black pencil or a blue/black pencil.
- The student must enter their name, date of birth, and email address on the OMR sheet correctly.
- Students can only do their rough work in the blank space provided at the end of the question paper.
- Students must keep a copy of the OMR sheet until the end of the current HBCSE IMO Olympiad season, which might help students for verification purposes later.