- What is PUCET?
- Courses Offered Through PUCET
- PUCET 2021 Exam Date
- PUCET 2021 Eligibility
- PUCET 2021 Application Form
- PUCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- PUCET 2021 Admit Card
- PUCET 2021 Syllabus
- PUCET 2021 Results
- PUCET 2021 Counselling
- Contact Details
What is PUCET?
Punjab University Common Entrance Test (PUCET) is a state-level entrance exam conducted by Punjab University, Chandigarh for candidates seeking admission to the various UG programs under PUCET UG and PG programs under PUCET PG as offered by the University.
The PUCET Exam is conducted once a year. Students who wish to get admission into different courses of Punjab University first need to appear for the PUCET Exam. The applicants who are interested can go to the official website of the PUCET Exam and register themselves for the exam. Before registering for the PUCET Exam candidates need to make sure that they fit the PUCET Eligibility criteria and then only apply for the exam. Candidates willing to appear for PUCET 2021 can register online on the official website. The table given below shows the essential information about the PUCET Exam.
|Exam Full Name||Punjab University Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Panjab University Chandigarh|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Medium of Language||English|
|Time Duration||70 minutes for each section|
Courses offered under PUCET 2021
PUCET (UG) offers admission in two courses. The candidate opts for the desired course while registering. The B.Sc course has multiple specializations, such as:
- Anthropology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Physics (Specialization in Electronics)
- Biotechnology, Biophysics
- Microbiology, Biochemistry
|B.Sc (Hons)||3 years|
PUCET 2021 Exam Date
Candidates must keep a track of the PUCET 2021 Exam Date. The important dates are mentioned below:
- Date of Examination: PUCET 2021 examination is cancelled and the merit list will be generated based on the details provided by the candidates during the application process.
- Admit Card: The candidates can download the PUCET the admit card from the PUCET 2021 official website only.
PUCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
We suggest the aspirants go through the PUCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form. Given below are some of the eligibility standards that an individual must satisfy to appear for the PUCET exam 2021.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates who have passed their class 12th examination or any qualifying examination in the year 2016 or 2017 and those who are appearing in class 12th or qualifying exams in the 2021 are eligible for PUCET 2021 Examination.
- Age Criteria: The candidates should be a minimum of 17 years in order to satisfy the PUCET 2021 eligibility criteria.
PUCET 2021 Application Form
The candidate has to make sure that the PUCET eligibility criteria are fulfilled by them based on the course they are applying for. The candidates have to fill the PUCET 2021 Application Form online and then take a print out of the form. Candidates will have to send the following additional documents along with PUCET 2021 application form to the head office, Chandigarh before the last date.
- PUCET Application Process: The interested candidates need to fill in their personal details, academic details and upload the scanned copies of the photograph and signature to complete the registration of the PUCET 2021 exam.
- PUCET Application Fee: The PUCET 2021 exam registration fee can be submitted through the Online payment process, Demand Draft and Cash on Counter.
How to fill the PUCET application form?
It is important to know all the instructions for filling the PUCET Application Form, so that you can fill it accurately.
Step 1: PUCET Registration
- Visit the official website for the registration.
- Enter all the personal details that are asked during the PUCET registration. You must enter a valid mobile number and mail id so that the university can communicate with you.
- PUCET Log in id and password will be sent to your mobile number or email id. Keep them safe.
Step 2: PUCET Form Filling
- Login by using email id and password.
- Now, fill your PUCET 2021 application form.
- Enter your personal details and academic details. Please ensure that all the details that you are entering in the PUCET application form are accurate.
Step 3: PUCET Upload Images
- You have to upload your scanned signature, passport size photograph, and thumb impression during filling the application form.
- Verify the details entered by you before submitting the PUCET application form.
- Save and confirm.
Step 4: PUCET Payment
- After filling the PUCET application form, pay the application fee through SBI challan mode.
- Take a printout of the bank slip and send the application fee using the website generated bank slip at any SBI branch.
- The application fee for PUCET 2021 is INR 2100 for General category candidates and INR 1050 for SC/ST/Blind categories candidates.
- The application fee for PUCET 2021 is non-refundable.
- Take a print out of the filled PUCET application form and keep it safely with you for further use.
PUCET 2021 Exam Pattern
For PUCET the paper will be divided into the following six sections:
- Computer Science
Each section will be of 70 minutes and carry questions of 2 marks each. Negative marking for 0.25 will be applicable for an incorrect answer. The medium of the paper will strictly be in English. Candidates can follow the table for PUCET 2021 Exam Pattern highlights:
|Number of sections||6|
|Time for each section||70 minutes|
|Number of questions in each section||60|
|Marks for each question||2|
|Total marks for each section||120|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
PUCET 2021 Admit Card
PUCET candidates will be issued the admit card after they have successfully registered themselves. Candidates can download the admit card from the respective official websites of PUCET UG 2021 and PUCET PG 2021. Candidates will need their login Id and password created at the time of registration to get their PUCET 2021 Admit Card. The general instructions for the examination are on the backside of the PUCET 2021 admit card.
Steps to download PUCET Admit Card
Step 1: Go to the official website of Punjab University
Step 2: Go to the PUCET section
Step 3: Click on the login tab, use your credentials to get in.
Step 4: Click on the PUCET Admit Card tab, review, and download it.
Step 5: Take a print of your PUCET Admit Card.
Important Instructions related to PUCET Admit Card
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the PUCET admit card.
- Candidates must take multiple printouts of PUCET the admit card and keep it safe as they will need it for verification purposes at every level of the admission process.
- Candidates must check that all details given on the admit card are correct or not. Candidates must raise an immediate concern if any details are not found.
PUCET 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can go through the PUCET 2021 Syllabus.
- Divergence: The PUCET syllabus is different for the different courses hence the candidates have to make sure that they are aware of the syllabus properly.
- Topics: The Topics for PUCET 2021 exam include Biology, Physics, Computer science, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biotechnology.
PUCET 2021 Reference Book
Students can find the PUCET reference material majorly consisting of previous year papers and are based on NCERT syllabus. You can order books from Arihant and Spectrum books online for the same.
PUCET 2021 Result
The PUCET 2021 Results will be declared on the official website. Once the scorecard is made available online at the official website the candidate can download his or her scorecard from the website. No separate PUCET scorecards will be mailed to the candidates individually. PUCET score and merit list will strictly be based on the candidate's performance in PUCET 2021.
How to check PUCET Results?
Candidates can check their results by following the below steps hassle-free.
- Step 1: First of all, you have to go to the official website of PUCET.
- Step 2: After landing on the home page of the PUCET website, you will have to find and click on the "Results" link.
- Step 3: Afterwards, you will have to fill in your PUCET log in credentials and you will be able to download your scorecard post this.
PUCET 2021 Cutoff
Punjab University will release the Punjab University 2021 cutoff on the official website, for UG programs. For Post-graduate programs, the cutoff of Punjab University 2021 will release in the last week of June. Candidates who have appeared in PUCET UG and PUCET PG can check the PUCET Cutoff 2021 to know whether they have qualified for the further rounds of admissions or not. Only those candidates who will qualify the PUCET examination will be eligible for the counseling process. The PUCET merit list will contain names of people who would clear the cutoff.
PUCET 2021 Counselling
Note: The PUCET Counselling process will begin once the results are out. Candidates can fill their choice of course after this date.
Counselling for UG will commence after the declaration of the result of the PUCET. PUCET 2021 Counselling will be conducted online. Candidates must fill their preferences online for admission to the various courses. The seats will be allotted based on the PUCET 2021 Merit List. The counselling schedule will be published on the official Punjab University website. Candidates must keep a check on that for accurate details. The candidates will have to submit the PUCET counselling fee either online or offline at the University.
This year, the PUCET counselling process is most likely to happen online only. So, it is essential for a candidate to be prepared with all the necessary documents on cloud or soft copy. After seat allotment candidates will have to submit the fee against the first semester, else their allotment will become void.
For the offline process, candidates will have to report to the PUCET counselling centre within the stipulated time with all the required documents and counselling fee.
If the candidates fail to report on time or pay the PUCET counselling fee, his or her application will be rejected. Candidates should carefully fill in the preferences and options. No change will be allowed after they have locked in their preferences.
Documents Required for PUCET Counselling:
- PUCET Score Card
- PUCET Admit Card
- Aadhar Card
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- UG Marksheets
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
PUCET Contact/Helpline Information
- Address:Punjab University, Sector 14,
- Phone no: +91 172 253 4829
- Website: [email protected]
What is the mode of the PUCET Exam?
The PUCET Exam is conducted in offline mode i.e. it is a pen-paper based test.
Is there negative marking for the PUCET Exam?
Yes. There is a negative marking system for the PUCET Exam. Candidates will lose 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
How can I apply to the PU CET Exam?
Candidates who wish to apply for the PU CET Exam should visit the official website of the PU CET Exam where they can make the registration and fill in the application form for the PU CET Exam.
Do I need to send the PU CET Application form by post after submitting it online?
No. Candidates are not required to separately send any application form via post since the entire application process for the PU CET is conducted online.
Can I make changes in the PU CET Application form?
No. You cannot make any changes in the application form of the PU CET Exam if you have already paid the fees and submitted the application. Although candidates can make changes before the submission of the PU CET Exam form. Candidates should double-check all their details while filling the application form in order to avoid any such mistakes.