Before applying to NID, candidates should carefully check NID 2020 eligibility criteria. NID 2020 eligibility for candidates belonging to different categories is different. To be eligible to write a NID exam 2020, one has to satisfy those conditions.
NID Eligibility Criteria 2020
NID 2020 eligibility varies for courses like B.Des/GDPD, M.Des, and Ph.D. There will be age limits for candidates applying for B.Des and M.Des programs. But there is no upper or lower age limit for the aspirants looking for admission in the Ph.D. program.
NID 2020 Eligibility Criteria for B.Des
- NID 2020 Age limit: The maximum age limit for the candidates to appear for the NID 2020 exam is 20 years as on 30 June 2019 to satisfy the eligibility criteria for NID.
- NID 2020 Reserved Category: However for reserved category candidates, the age limit is different. There will be a relaxation of three years for OBC, SC and ST candidates. Physically Handicapped (PwD) can appear for NID 2020 until the age of 25.
- Education Qualification: Candidates must have passed the 12th examination or those appearing in 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board to satisfy the eligibility criteria for NID 2020.
- Graduating Candidates: Candidates who are graduating (10+2) are also eligible to appear for NID 2020. However, candidates need to submit the relevant documents during the time of admission.
- Reservation Candidate: The age limit for the reservation candidates (OBC-NCL, SC, ST) is 23 years as on 30 June 2018.
- The candidates who are satisfying the eligibility criteria can apply for NID 2020 Application Form.
NID 2020 Eligibility Criteria for M.Des
- NID 2020 Age limit: The maximum age limit is 30 years of age for candidates to satisfy the eligibility criteria for NID. However, the reserved category has a different age limit. Three years of relaxation is allowed for OBC, SC, and ST, whereas, PwD candidates can attempt until the age of 35.
- NID 2020 Education Qualification: Candidates should have cleared the bachelor's degree (10+2+3 years or 10+2+4 years) to satisfy the eligibility criteria for NID. Those appearing in a bachelor's degree in any discipline from any institution or university recognized by law in India are also eligible to apply for NID 2020.
NID 2020 Eligibility Criteria for Overseas Category candidates:
- Overseas Candidates: Foreign students who are holding a citizenship from other countries are eligible to apply under the Overseas category.
- Total no of seats: Out of the total 100 seats in the Undergraduate B.Des program, 15 seats are reserved for Overseas category students.
NID 2020 Reservation based on Category:
The candidate needs to fulfill all the eligibility criteria to get the NID 2020 admission.