Here are some expert tips on how to ace the NMAT exam, taking into account the popularity of the exam and the ranking of colleges that accept NMAT results.
NMAT is unquestionably a competitive exam, with a large number of MBA aspirants vying for limited seats in top B-schools. Students must know ‘how to crack NMAT’ and thorough preparation is on the part of the candidate. Even though the difficulty level of NMAT is moderate in comparison to other popular entrance exams such as CAT, XAT, and so on, it does necessitate a focused strategy.
NMAT is the entrance exam for all MBA/PGDM programmes at prestigious colleges such as NMIMS and others in India, Morocco, South Africa, the Philippines, and Nigeria. Every year, over 50,000 candidates take the NMAT.
Table of Content
Expert Advice on How to Crack NMAT 2022
The following information may be useful regarding how to crack NMAT 2022 exam
- The first section in your sequence of attempts should be either one that you are strong at or one that requires less concentration than other sections. Starting with a section in which you are proficient provides you with a positive flavour of the test as well as the much-needed momentum to help you graduate to subsequent challenges in the test. Similarly, starting with a section/area that requires less concentration helps you manage the challenges during the test's initial teething phase.
- As time passes, your concentration levels tend to peak and then begin to wane near the end of the exam. As a result, it is suggested that the less engaging sections/areas (in terms of concentration challenges) be placed at the extremes and the more demanding ones in the centre of the time-concentration curve.
- This exam requires you to complete 108 questions in 120 minutes, with no negative marking and sectional time limits. As a result, you should attempt the questions you know first, and then make an educated guess and mark the answer for the remaining questions.
- The number of questions you must attempt cannot be predetermined because it is determined by the level of difficulty. However, you should strike a delicate balance between effectiveness (accuracy) and efficiency (speed).
- Too much time spent on a single question can disrupt the overall balance and time management.
- You must review the answers to each section within the time limit, as once the time limit for each section is reached, all answers are automatically submitted. Use the review screen wisely to identify the questions you skipped or flagged for review while taking the test.
- If you finish the section before the time limit, no remaining time will be added to the next section (s). As a result, it is advised that you make the most of the sectional time limit.
Steps to Prepare for NMAT 2022
Aspirants should begin preparing for the NMAT 2022 as soon as possible. They should develop an exam preparation strategy as well as a day-by-day timetable on how to crack NMAT Exam. The following items should be included in the NMAT exam preparation plan:
- Get NMAT prep books and study materials
- Create a timetable to complete the NMAT syllabus
- Mock tests and sample papers for the NMAT
- Using and applying advice from NMAT toppers and experts
- Planning for the exam day
|How to Prepare for NMAT in One Month?||How to Prepare for NMAT and CAT Simultaneously?|
NMAT 2022 Mock Tests
A good preparation strategy would be to begin taking NMAT practice exams in mid-September or early October. A sufficient number of mock tests will assist the student in developing a sound test-taking strategy. Because the Logical Reasoning section of the NMAT exam differs slightly from the other sections, it is critical to practice by taking a sufficient number of mocks.
There are numerous reasons for this.
- It prepares candidates for the NMAT exam battle.
- They would be able to recognize the pattern as well as the variety of questions.
- This would help them become accustomed to dealing with such difficult situations in which they are expected to use two hours effectively and efficiently.
- Nothing beats taking an NMAT mock test to assess a candidate's capability and progress on topics that are weak for them.
NMAT 2022 Exam
NMAT has recently evolved into a computer-adaptive test that is administered in two modes: computer-based at test centres and online-proctored at home. NMAT is generally held in a 70-day test window from October to December during the first phase.
The NMAT is a computer-based test with objective questions. If a candidate wishes, he or she may take the NMAT up to three times (first attempt plus two retake attempts), including no-shows. There must be at least 15 days between two consecutive attempts. For candidates who have attempted multiple times, the best score (total and sectional) is used for shortlisting.
Students must be aware of the exam pattern before beginning the preparation strategy.
NMAT 2022 Section-wise Preparation Strategy
It is pointless to practise without a strategy. Here is a quick strategy for each section on how to crack the NMAT exam given below.
In the Language Skills section, you will be given 36 questions to answer in 28 minutes. The majority of the questions are based on vocabulary and can be answered quickly. The section will put you through your paces in three areas of English: vocabulary, grammar, and comprehension.
- Pay close attention to the Editorial section of newspapers to improve your vocabulary and comprehension. This will help you appreciate word usage in context and improve your comprehension skills.
- The use of an authentic 'word list,' which provides the meaning and usage of words, will help in dealing with questions about synonyms, antonyms, and analogies, which are frequently tested in this section.
- Re-visit the rules and application of grammar wherever a reference to concepts is required. You can also consult Wren and Martin's "High School Grammar."
In the Logical Reasoning section, you will be given 36 questions to answer in 40 minutes. This section will assess your reasoning abilities in two areas: verbal and analytical.
- Verbal reasoning typically takes more time than analytical reasoning. To improve your speed and accuracy in the section, you will need to practice both.
- Never make assumptions or use information not provided in the question. Because there are no standard formulas for this section, it is best to study NMAT previous year question papers to learn about different question types.
- You must be able to distinguish between the questions that must be answered and those that must be avoided. In this section, for example, input/output questions and Data Sufficiency questions should only be attempted if you are very familiar with the concepts; otherwise, skip these questions.
- Pay close attention to words like 'all, 'some,' and 'none.' Other qualifying words, such as 'other than,' 'only,' or 'unless,' are also useful.
- Create appropriate diagrams to answer the questions, especially in arrangement questions, or as a Venn diagram in syllogism questions.
- Keep in mind that Logical Reasoning Skills cannot be learned overnight. The best way to develop the necessary competence in this section is to practice rigorously across similar questions over a long period of time.
In the Quantitative Skills section, you will be given 36 questions to answer in 52 minutes. This section will put you through your paces in four key areas of mathematics: arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and modern math.
- Before moving on to advanced concepts, start with the fundamentals and ensure concept clarity on fundamental properties, formulae, and number operations such as odd and even, prime numbers, LCM and HCF, and so on.
- Given the time constraints, your mental calculation skills must be exceptional. Furthermore, knowledge of multiplication tables, squares, cubes, common fractions, and their percentage equivalents will be extremely beneficial.
NMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The NMAT is a computer-generated test that is given to each candidate at random. Each section's number of questions, difficulty level, and time limit is predetermined and fixed. The exam is divided into three sections, as shown below: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning.
|NMAT Sections||No. of Questions||Allotted Time|
|Language Skills Section||36||28 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||36||40 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills||36||52 minutes|
Read More: NMAT Exam Pattern
NMAT 2022 Exam Syllabus
The NMAT 2022 exam syllabus includes multiple-choice objective-type questions (in English). Based on previous NMAT question trends, the NMAT 2022 Syllabus includes the following major topics in each of the three sections:
- Language Skills: Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension
- Quantitative Skills: Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry & other topics
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning
The NMAT Syllabus has been updated to reflect the variety of questions that will appear in each NMAT exam. GMAC publishes changes in test-taking strategy and expected types of questions in the NMAT exam every year. GMAC has recently released an NMAT preparation guide with the NMAT syllabus to assist candidates in better preparing for the NMAT by GMAC exam 2022.
NMAT 2022 Recommended Books
Check subject-wise reference NMAT books in the table below to learn how to crack the NMAT exam with high scores.
|Books||Authors / Publishers|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Aggarwal|
|How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT||Nishit K. Sinha|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K Pandey|
POST YOUR COMMENT