The full form of JNUEE is Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination. JNUEE 2021 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). It is a University level exam that will be held to offer admissions in various fields of Engineering, Law, Science, Humanity, etc, at Jawaharlal Nehru University. Through this exam, candidates will get admission into various UG and PG courses. It is mandatory to qualify JNUEE to get admissions in various courses offered by JNU.
- Jul 27, 2021: The application forms for JNUEE 2021 are released. Candidates who are interested to apply for the exam must register and pay the application fee on or before Aug 27, 2021.
- What is JNUEE?
- JNUEE 2021 Exam Dates
- JNUEE 2021 Eligibility
- JNUEE 2021 Application Form
- JNUEE 2021 Admit Card
- JNUEE 2021 Exam Centres
- JNUEE 2021 Syllabus
- Preparation tips for JNUEE
- JNUEE 2021 Exam Pattern
- JNUEE 2021 Result
- JNU Admission 2021
What is JNUEE?
Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination (JNUEE) is conducted for admissions in various UG, PG courses offered by Jawaharlal Nehru University. JNUEE is also known as JNUET. JNU is one of the most reputed institutes in India. JNUEE acts as a gateway to explore the world with higher studies in JNU, Delhi. Eligible candidates can fill the application form online on the official website. While filling the application form for JNUEE, applicants were allowed to choose three courses of their choice. At the time of admission, they will be given admission into the course according to the availability of the seat, and the merit of the candidate according to their preference of the courses given at the time of application. Successfully registered candidates will be issued with JNUEE Admit Card.
|Exam Name||Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Courses offered||BA (Hons), MA, M.Sc & MCA|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
Institutes under JNU
- School of Social Sciences (SSS)
- School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
- School of Life Sciences (SLS)
- School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies (SL)
- School of International Studies (SIS)
- School of Environmental Sciences (SES)
- School of Computer & Systems Sciences (SC&SS)
- School of Computational and Integrative Sciences (SC&IS)
- School of Biotechnology (SBT)
- School of Arts & Aesthetics (SAA)
- Centre for the Study of Law & Governance (CLG)
- Centre for Sanskrit Studies (CSS)
- Centre for Nano Sciences (CNS)
- Centre for Molecular Medicine (CMM)
JNUEE 2021 Exam Date
JNUEE 2021 Exam Dates are mentioned below. It will help you to keep track of all the events related to the JNUEE 2021 exam. Some of the dates mentioned here are tentative and are subject to changes.
|JNUEE 2021 Important Events||Dates|
|Start date of application form||Jul 27, 2021|
|Last date of the application form||Aug 27, 2021|
|JNUEE Admit card available for download||Sep 8, 2021|
|JNU Entrance Exam Date||Sep 20, 2021|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||To be announced|
|Objection Window||To be announced|
|Release of Final Answer Key||To be announced|
Sep 29, 2021
|Publication of merit list||To be announced|
|Registration for JNU admission||To be announced|
JNUEE 2021 Eligibility
The eligibility Criteria of JNUEE 2021 is different for different programs. Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions for the JNUEE entrance examination. The eligibility criteria for the JNUEE exam 2021 are given below:
- Nationality: Both Indian and foreign nationals can apply for the exam.
- Age-Limit: The minimum age to appear for the exam is 17 years. There is no upper age limit specified by the official website for JNUEE 2021.
Academic qualification For B.A (Hons) 1st year
- JNUEE Candidates must have passed their 10+2 examination with a minimum of 45% marks.
- JNUEE Candidates who will be appearing for 10+2 can also apply.
Academic qualification for B.A (Hons) 2nd year
- JNUEE Candidates must have qualified 1st-year of bachelor's degree from a recognized university with at least 45% marks.
Academic qualification for M.A.
- JNUEE Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks under 10+2+3.
Academic qualification for M.Phil and PhD
- JNUEE Candidates must have a master's degree in the related subject with a minimum of 50% marks.
Academic qualification for MCA
- JNUEE Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in (BCA/B.Tech) with a Mathematics graduate or 10+2 with a minimum of 55% marks.
Academic qualification for M.Sc (Life Science)
- JNUEE Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in Physical, Biological, or Agricultural Science with a minimum of 55% marks under 10+2+3.
JNUEE 2021 Application Form
Candidates can fill the JNUEE 2021 Application Form online. Candidates can find the online application form on the official website of the university from Jul 27, 2021, to Aug 27, 2021. Given below are the steps to fill the application form for JNUEE 2021.
Step 1: JNUEE Registration
- Visit the official website of Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Click on the "Application Form-Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination".
- Create your login id by providing details - Name, Programme of study, e-mail address, mobile number, nationality, date of birth, and password.
- Candidates will be sent their application number for JNU admissions on the registered mobile e-mail ID.
Step 2: Fill details in the JNUEE Application Form
- Login on the official website of Jawaharlal Nehru University by providing their JNUEE application number and password.
- Fill in the Personal, educational and contact details asked in the application form.
|The information asked in JNUEE 2021 Application Form|
|Mother's Name||Father's Name/ Guardian's Name||Income|
|Category||State domicile||JNUEE exam centre|
|Address||Academic record||Name and address of the school|
|Name & address of the college (for graduation/post-graduation)||Name of any other entrance exam that the candidate is appearing for||-|
Step 3: Uploading the documents
Candidates have to upload their scanned images of the following documents in the mentioned specification with the application form:
|Photograph||20 kb to 50 kb||150 px (width) x 200 px (height)||JPG|
|Signature||10 kb to 20 kb||140 px (width) x 60 px (height)||JPG|
Step 4: Payment of JNUEE Application Fee
- Candidates can pay the application through debit/credit card/internet banking or e-challan of SBI bank.
- The application fee for JNUEE 2021 is non-refundable.
The application fee for JNUEE 2021 is different for different programs and categories. Candidates can check the application fee for their desired programs from the following table:
JNUEE Application Fee for M.Phil, M.Tech, M.Sc., M.A:
|1||INR 530||INR 310||INR 110|
|2||INR 800||INR 415||INR 215|
|3||INR 1000||INR 500||INR 300|
JNUEE Application Fee for BA (Hons) & part-time of course:
|1||INR 400||INR 265||INR 65|
|2||INR 575||INR 325||INR 125|
|3||INR 750||INR 380||INR 180|
JNUEE Application Fee for CEED 2021 :
|Foreign national||INR 2880|
After submitting the online JNUEE Application Form, candidates must take a printout of the confirmation page for future use. Keep the receipt of Application Form Fee Payment and note the Reference Number. Candidates need to submit the offline JNUEE application form via speed post/registered post to the following address:
Section Officer (Admissions): Room No.28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi- 110067.
Important Instructions for JNUEE Application Form
- The uploaded photograph for JNUEE must be taken recently. The candidate in the photo should not be wearing any cap or fancy goggles. Candidate's 80% of the face should be clearly visible in the photo, and the background should be white. If a candidate wears spectacles daily then they are allowed in the photograph. Candidates should refrain from uploading computer-generated photographs and polaroids. Applications with erroneous entries including photographs will be rejected.
- The signature should be in running handwriting and should be done in a fixed box.
- The email and mobile number will not be edited once registered.
- The form submitted will not be withdrawn under any circumstances.
- If there is a change in name due to marriage, the candidates are required to show relevant documents at the exam centre.
- Candidates will be given a chance to edit some of the entries in the JNUEE exam application, for which a special online window will be placed.
- Candidates should submit only one JNUEE Application Form, in case of multiple submissions, the candidature will be cancelled.
JNUEE 2021 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully applied for JNUEE 2021 can download their JNUEE 2021 admit card from the official website once the availability date has been announced by the organizing authorities. Candidates must take the printout of the admit card and carry it with them to the exam centre on the day of the examination. If candidates fail to show their JNUEE 2021 Admit Card to the invigilator, they will not be allowed to give the exam. Make sure the details in your JNUEE Admit Card are correctly spelt.
How to download JNUEE Admit Card?
The steps to download the admit card are given below:
- Visit the official website of JNU - ntajnu.nic.in.
- Click on the "JNUEE 2021 admit card".
- Enter your application number and date of birth.
- Click on the "submit" button.
- JNUEE 2021 admit card will appear on the computer screen.
- Download the JNUEE admit card and take a print out of it.
- In the case of any discrepancy, candidates must immediately contact the university to avoid problems on the day of examination. Candidates can send an email at helpdesk
|The information mentioned on the Admit Card|
|Name of the candidate||Address of the examination centre|
|Candidates father and mother name||Date of examination|
|Candidates date of birth||Timing of the examination|
|Photograph of candidate||Roll number|
|Signature of candidate||Registration number|
JNUEE 2021 Exam Centres
Information of the JNUEE Exam Centre will be given on the Admit Card, please locate it at least a day before the exam. Also, keep a photo id with you for the exams along with Admit Card. There are a total of 54 examination centre for JNUEE 2021. During filling the application form, candidates can select their choice of exam centre.
|Exam Centres for JNUEE 2021|
JNUEE 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for JNUEE 2021 is divided into the syllabus for B.A. (Hons.) 1st year, 2nd year, and Master of Arts/M.Phil/Ph.D.
B.A (Hons) 1st-year Syllabus
The written entrance for this program is a common test that will be conducted along with the B.A. Entrance test for three languages Persian, Arabic, Pushto. Questions about general knowledge, artificial language, short essays related to the subjects, etc. would be covered in the syllabus. The written test will be conducted in the English language
B.A (Hons) 2nd-year Syllabus
- Noun, Pronoun, Adjectives, Singular & Plural, Masculine & Feminine, Vowels
- Kinds of Verbs, Verb conjunction
- Formation of sentences
- Composition on different languages
- Introduction to literary personalities
- History Pashto, Persian, Arabic language
- Geo-political regions of language
- Iran, Afgan cultures and civilization
- Speaking and listening skills
- Writing skills
- Reading skills
- Society and culture
Masters of Arts/M.Phil/PhD Syllabus
- History of Arabic culture
- Modern prose and poetry
- Arabic studies in India
- Major Arab and Indian writers
- Advanced Arabic grammar
- General awareness
Preparation tips for JNUEE 2021
Candidates aspiring to prepare for the upcoming JNUEE 2021 can follow the steps given below:
Before beginning the preparation it is important to know the topics involved in the syllabus. The best way to know about the syllabus is to go through the previous year question papers (based on the subject you choose). This will also give you an overall picture regarding the difficulty level of questions that will be asked, and information about the exam pattern.
Develop a Timetable
Once after you decide to study, it is important to prepare a timetable of your own. Focus on the basics during the initial stages of preparation and also give priority to practice. Learning the concepts and then practising rigorously is very important to crack this exam.
There can be no words enough to emphasize the importance of revision. After you learn certain concepts it is important to revisit the topics once again and learn them. It will also help if you take short notes of what you learn.
Writing down important formulae and other vital concepts will help you to revise before the exam. Also as there are a lot of books available in the market, picking the right JNUEE study material will help you to score well.
JNUEE 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates are advised to go through the exam pattern for JNUEE 2021 properly before attempting the exam. The exam pattern for JNUEE 2021 is mentioned below:
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Different for different programs|
The JNUEE Exam will be conducted only in the Computer-Based Platform. The Exam pattern for JNUEE is different for different programs. The Exam Pattern for JNUE 2021 for various courses of JNU is given below:
|Course||JNUEE Exam Pattern|
Multiple choices questions
|M.Sc||Objective type questions
Part 1 includes questions from Mathematics and Science of 10+2 level
Part 2 includes questions from Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, and Geology of B.Sc level
|M.A||Subjective type questions
Part 1 will have short type questions
Part 2 will have the easy type of questions
|B.A (Hons)-Foreign Language||Questions will come from general English, General Knowledge, and basic knowledge on the culture of foreign language
The paper will be set in the respective foreign language
Questions will come from a graduate or postgraduate level of Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science
JNUEE 2021 Result
Candidates can check JNUEE 2021 results from the official website of JNU. The result will be declared only through online mode.
How to check JNUEE Results?
The steps to check the results are given below:
- Visit the official website of JNU.
- Click on the link "JNU Entrance Examination Results 2021-22".
- Select a program of study, the field of study, and application number.
- Click on the "Search" button.
- JNUEE 2021 results will appear on your computer screen.
- Take a print of your result for future procedures.
Candidates who will qualify the entrance examination will be called for the next round of selection which is viva-voce, a merit list will be published by JNU for candidates of all categories for each program of study. A cutoff will be released post the exams. The JNUEE Cutoff will depend on the following points:
- Number of Candidates Appearing
- Level of Difficulty of Questions
- Number of Seats Available
JNUEE 2021 Counselling
After the viva-voce, the final merit list is published by JNU. The admission of candidates will be completely based on the final merit list. JNU will prepare the final merit list based on the performance of candidates in the entrance examination and viva-voce. Registrations for admissions in JNU will start from application_from_date and last till Aug 27, 2021 (Tentative). The Counselling process will be started once the JNUEE Results are announced. The counselling will conclude in more than one round. To know more about the updates on JNUEE waitlists and rounds of counselling, keep checking this page frequently. The registration and counselling process dates will be different for each course. The submission of the fee within the given duration will be considered as blocking of the seat.
Documents needed for JNUEE Counselling
Candidates need to bring their original documents on the day of the admission. The documents that need to carry with them are given below:
- Mark sheet and certificate of class 12
- Mark sheet and certificate of Graduation (if applicable)
- Mark sheet and certificate of Post graduation (if applicable)
- Caste certificate
- Transfer certificate
- JNUEE 2021 admit card
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhar Card
- Sports Certificates (For Sports Quota)
- PwD Certificate (If Required)
- Extra-Curricular Certificates (If Required)
- Character Certificate
- JNU 2021 Score Card
- Anti-ragging Affidavits
Is there an interview in the JNUEE process?
Yes. There will be an interview. Candidates who qualify the JNUEE will be called for the interview.
What is the exam duration of JNUEE?
The JNUEE duration is of 3 hours i.e. 180 Minutes
How to prepare for the JNUEE?
Candidates should go through the syllabus thoroughly, understand the exam pattern, and then refer to the books and study material. Solve previous year question papers and tests.