Get complete details related to FMGE full form, eligibility criteria, application process, admit card, mock test, result, and more.
Foreign Medical Graduate Examination is the FMGE full form. It is a screening test for Indian students who hold medical degrees from international universities. FMGE-qualified candidates are eligible to practice medicine in India. The exam takes place twice a year, in June and December. The National Board of Examinations (NBE) will conduct FMGE 2022 (December session) on Dec 4, 2022.
Table of Contents
- FMGE Full Form - Highlights
- FMGE 2022 Important Dates
- FMGE Application Process 2022
- FMGE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- FMGE 2022 Mock Test
- FMGE 2022 Admit Card
- FMGE 2022 Result
- FMGE 2022 Cutoff
FMGE Full Form - Highlights
The table below shows the key highlights related to the FMGE full form and other relevant details.
|FMGE Full Form||Foreign Medical Graduate Examination|
|Conducting Authority||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Frequency of Conduct||Twice a year|
|Duration of the Exam||5 Hours|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
FMGE 2022 Important Dates
Following are the major dates and events related to FMGE 2022 (December session). Those who are appearing for the FMGE exam must keep track of these events.
|Online Registration||Sept 9 to Sept 29, 2022|
|Application Correction Window||Oct 5 to Oct 10, 2022|
|Release of Admit Card||Nov 28, 2022|
|Date of Exam||Dec 4, 2022|
|Declaration of Results||Dec 30, 2022|
|Availability of Pass Certificate||To be Announced|
FMGE Application Process 2022
NBE released the application form for FMGE 2022 on the official website: nbe.edu.in. Only registered students can appear for the FMGE screening exam. Follow the steps below to fill out the FMGE application form 2022.
- Go to nbe.edu.in and click on the tab that indicates "FMGE December 2022".
- Next, enter all the required details related to the FMGE 2022 application form.
- Make sure all the information that you provide in the FMGE application form is valid. Cross-check all the entered details in the form before clicking on "Submit."
- Pay INR 7,080 as the application fee via net banking/debit card/credit card.
- Finally, check the confirmation box to ensure FMGE 2022 application form is submitted successfully.
NOTE: Those who complete the FMGE application process successfully will get a confirmation letter from NBE on their registered email IDs.
FMGE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Foreign Medical Graduates (FMGs) need to meet certain eligibility criteria in order to apply for FMGE 2022 entrance exam. Check the detailed FMGE criteria below and apply accordingly for the exam.
- An FMGE applicant should be an Indian national/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- Candidates must have the required primary medical qualification and should secure their MBBS degree before the specified period for a particular session. Only the MBBS degrees awarded by the institutes included in the WHO-listed World Directory of Medical Schools will be considered.
- The FMGs need to furnish supporting documents related to primary medical education from the concerned foreign medical institute.
- Those who possess PG medical degree from the UK, the US, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand need not take the FMGE 2022 exam and can register directly with MCI/SMC.
FMGE 2022 Mock Test
NBE releases the FMGE mock test for aspirants who will appear for the screening exam. Candidates taking the FMGE 2022 mock test learn how to navigate the online test and get acquainted with the test layout.
To take the mock test for FMGE 2022, candidates need to use their login ID and password. The mock test will consist of a tutorial section along and a section including sample problems. However, not that the questions asked in the FMGE mock test do not indicate the actual difficulty level of the paper.
FMGE 2022 Admit Card
Candidates can download their FMGE 2022 admit card by entering their user ID and password. Follow these instructions in order to download the admit card for FMGE 2022 December session.
- Go to the NBE official website and click on the tab that shows: FMGE December 2022
- Next, click on the admit card link on the FMGE 2022 website.
- Log in using your FMGE user ID and password.
- The admit card for the December session of FMGE 2022 will appear on the screen.
- Cross-check all the detail given on the FMGE admit card.
- Lastly, download the FMGE 2022 hall ticket and take its printout for future reference.
Remember that it is compulsory to carry the FMGE 2022 admit card at the test centre. An FMGE aspirant should bring the following documents to the exam centre:
- FMGE hall ticket
- ID proof (Aadhaar Card/PAN card/Voter ID/Passport/Driving License)
FMGE 2022 Result
NBE will publish the FMGE 2022 result for the December session in PDF form. The FMGE result 2022 will include the candidate's roll number, marks received (out of 300), and qualifying status. Only those candidates who achieve a minimum of 150 marks out of 300 will be considered qualified for the test.
Those who clear the screening exam will be eligible to obtain the provisional registration certificate from NMC/SMC. Only an FMGE-qualified candidate will be able to download the scorecard through his/her user ID and password. The FMGE 2022 scorecard will consist of personal details, FMGE marks, and other details. Candidates must make sure to verify all the details mentioned on the scorecard.
FMGE 2022 Cutoff
FMGE 2022 cutoff is the minimum mark that the FMGE test-takers must achieve to qualify for the exam. Those who fail to meet the required cutoff will not be eligible to register with the State Medical Council/NMC.
The maximum mark for FMGE 2022 will be 300 (2 papers, each of 150 marks). The cutoff set by NBE is 50%, which means a candidate must get at least 150 marks out of 300 (in the two papers combined) to pass the exam.