TNTET exam pattern 2022-23 was released by the conducting body. The duration of paper 1 and paper 2 will be 3 hours each. There shall be 150 questions in paper 1 and paper 2 of TNTET 2022-23 exam. The exam will be held online mode. OMR sheets would be provided, where candidates have to mark the correct answer. Each question will contain 1 mark. For any wrong answer, no marks will be deducted.
|TNTET Syllabus 2022-23||TNTET Books 2022-23|
Latest Updates on TNTET
- Mar 29, 2023: TNTET 2022-23 Paper II result was released on Mar 28, 2023. Read More
- Mar 29, 2023: TNTET 2022-23 Paper II final answer key was released on Mar 28, 2023. Read More
TNTET 2022-23 Exam Pattern
The TNTET exam pattern 2022-23 is set by the Teachers Recruitment Board as per the requirement to hire eligible and suitable candidates for further teacher recruitment.
TNTET 2022-23 Paper 1 Exam Pattern
Candidates can refer to the TNTET paper 1 pattern in the tabular below. Paper 1 has 150 questions in total with a 1-mark value. Also, there are in total 5 sections in the paper 1 exam: Child Development, Language paper, English language, Mathematics, and Environmental Studies.
|Paper||Subject||No Of MCQs||Marks||Duration|
|Paper-1||Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant to age group 6 – 11)||30 MCQs||30 Marks||3 Hours|
|The language I – (Tamil/Telugu/ Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|Language II – English||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|Mathematics||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|Environmental Studies||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|Total||150 MCQs||150 Marks|
TNTET 2022-23 Paper 2 Exam Pattern
Candidates can refer to the TNTET paper 2 patterns in the tabular below. Paper 2 also has 150 questions in total with a 1-mark value. Also, there are 5 sections in the paper 2 exams. The first four sections are the same as paper 1, whereas the last section in paper 2 is Social Science.
|Paper||Subject||No of MCQs||Marks||Duration|
|Paper-2||Child Development and Pedagogy – relevant to the age Group 11 – 14 Years (Compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks||3 Hours|
|Language I - Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu (Compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|Language II - English (Compulsory)||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|Mathematics and Science||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|Social Science Teacher: Social Science||30 MCQs||30 Marks|
|Total||150 MCQs||150 Marks|
TNTET 2022-23 Exam Pattern Highlights
The TNTET 2022-23 exam is conducted in two folds. A few details are shared in the sections below regarding the TNTET exam pattern 2022-23.
The TNTET exam details regarding its structure are as follows. Candidates are advised to go through the sections added below to understand the exam structure for the TNTET exam 2022-23.
- The exam has two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Both papers have 150 questions each.
- Each question carries a 1-mark value.
- The exam is conducted in offline mode.
- The exam duration is for 150 minutes for both papers.
- The paper is set bilingually, i.e., in Tamil and English.
One of the most important factors of any competitive examination is its marking scheme. Negative marking plays an important role in the scoring of any exam.
- There is no negative marking on both papers.
- No marks shall be deducted for wrong or unanswered questions.
The exam difficulty level helps the candidates prepare accordingly for it. Understanding the paper pattern and level is of utmost importance. The details regarding the same are enlisted below.
- The paper 1 topics are related to concepts from Class 1-5.
- The paper 2 topics are related to concepts from Class 6-8.
- The difficulty level of the exam is similar to a senior secondary class.
TNTET 2022-23 Marking Scheme
Candidates are advised to understand the TNTET exam pattern 2022-23, under which the marking scheme is an important factor. The marking scheme for the TNTET papers is quite simple and easy. Refer to the details shared below to understand the TNTET marking scheme 2022-23.
- Each question is of 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking.
- No marks shall be deducted for wrong answers in both papers.
- Also, no marks shall be deducted for unanswered answers.
- The final marksheet will be prepared through normalization.