Candidates preparing for the TNTET 2021 exam must have a clear idea about the exam pattern and syllabus of the exam. The syllabus is different for both paper 1 and paper 2. The detailed syllabus of TNTET 2021 exam is listed below.
TNTET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for TNTET 2021 is set by the Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) and each candidate must follow the syllabus to score well and crack the TNTET exam.
TNTET 2021 Syllabus - Paper I
The TNTET 2021 exam syllabus for Paper 1 is as follows
Child Development and Pedagogy(Classes I to V)
Part (A): Child Development
- Unit-I: The Children’s Profile at the Beginning of Primary Education—Physical and Cognitive.
- Unit-II: The Children’s Profile at the Beginning of Primary Education—Social and Emotional.
- Unit-III: Physical & Intellectual Development during Primary School Years (6 to 10 Years)
- Unit-IV: Social and Emotional Development during Primary School Years (6 to 10 Years).
- Unit-V: Moral Development during Primary School Years (6 to 10 Years)
Part (B): Learning:
- Unit-I: Learning.
- Unit-II: Types, levels and approaches to Learning.
- Unit-III: Concepts and constructs.
- Unit-IV: Factors Contributing to Learning
- Unit-V: Constructivist Approach to Learning.
- Unit-VI: Learning and Knowledge language
Language-I Tamil (Classes I to V)
Language II English (Classes I to V)
- Language Functions
TNTET 2021 Mathematics Syllabus (Classes I-V)
- Shapes and Figures
- Study of Data
Environmental Studies and Science classes (I-V)
- Animals & Birds
- Small Creatures Around the children
- Day and Night
- My Body
- Keeping Healthy and Clean
- Man, Matter and Materials
- Science in Everyday
TNTET 2021 Syllabus - Paper 2
The TNTET 2021 exam syllabus for Paper 2 is as follow
Child Development and Pedagogy (Classes VI to VIII):
- UNIT I: Nature of Educational Psychology
- UNIT II: Human Growth and Development
- UNIT III: Cognitive Development
- UNIT IV: Social, Emotional and Moral Development
- UNIT V: Learning
- UNIT VI: Intelligence and Creativity
- UNIT VII: Motivation and Group Dynamics
- UNIT VIII: Personality and Assessment
- UNIT IX: Mental Health and Hygiene
- UNIT X: Guidance and Counselling
Language I -Tamil (Classes VI to VIII)
Language II English (Classes VI to VIII)
- Language Functions
TNTET Mathematics Syllabus 2021 (Classes VI to VIII)
- Number System
- Life Mathematics
- Data handling
- Practical Geometry
Social Science (History, Geography, Civics & Economics) (Classes VI to VIII)
- Unit 1: Pre-historic Period
- Unit 2: Indus Valley Civilization
- Unit 3: Ancient Land of Thamizhagam
- Unit 4: Vedic Period
- Unit 5: Jainism and Buddhism
- Unit 6: Rise of Empires
- Unit 7: Kushana Empire
- Unit 1: Resources and their types-Resources and Human Activity
- Unit 2: Primary Activity-Types of Primary Activities- Gathering, Hunting and Fishing-Mining-Classification of minerals
- Unit 3: Primary Activity-Agriculture-Agriculture and Crops-Factors Determining Agriculture
- Unit 4: Secondary Activity-Industries-Classification of Industries-Factors Determining Development of Industries.
- Unit 5: Tertiary Activity-Transport, Trade-Transport-Trade-Other Services
- Unit 6: Population and Resource-Population Growth and distribution population Growth and Resource Depletion-Resources and Space Technology
- Unit 1: Our Nation Location, Political Administration and National Symbols
- Unit 2: Indian Constitution Salient Features
- Unit 3: Political Parties Functions, Structures & Types – Regional and National parties
- Unit 4: United Nations Organization- Objectives – Organs - Functions
- Unit 5: Legislation and Welfare schemes for Children and Women.
Along with the syllabus, candidates can also refer to TNTET 2021 Reference Books.