TNTET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for TNTET 2020 is set by the Concerned Authority and each candidate must follow the syllabus to score well in the exam.
TNTET 2020 Syllabus - Paper I
Child Development and Pedagogy(Classes I to V)
TNTET 2020 Exam syllabus for Paper 1 is as follows:
Part (A): Child Development
- Unit-I: The Children’s Profile at the Beginning of Primary Education—Physical and Cognitive.
- Unit-II: The Children’s Profile at the Beginning of Primary Education—Social and Emotional.
- Unit-III: Physical & Intellectual Development during Primary School Years (6 to 10 Years)
- Unit-IV: Social and Emotional Development during Primary School Years (6 to 10 Years).
- Unit-V: Moral Development during Primary School Years (6 to 10 Years)
Part (B): Learning:
- Unit-I: Learning.
- Unit-II: Types, levels and approaches to Learning.
- Unit-III: Concepts and constructs.
- Unit-IV: Factors Contributing to Learning
- Unit-V: Constructivist Approach to Learning.
- Unit-VI: Learning and Knowledge language
Language-I Tamil (Classes I to V):
Language II English (Classes I to V):
- Language Functions
TNTET 2020 Mathematics Syllabus (Classes I-V):
- Shapes and Figures
- Study of Data
Environmental Studies and Science classes (I-V):
- Animals & Birds
- Small Creatures Around the children
- Day and Night
- My Body
- Keeping Healthy and Clean
- Man, Matter and Materials
- Science in Everyday
TNTET 2020 Syllabus - Paper 2
Child Development and Pedagogy (Classes VI to VIII):
- UNIT I: Nature of Educational Psychology
- UNIT II: Human Growth and Development
- UNIT III: Cognitive Development
- UNIT IV: Social, Emotional and Moral Development
- UNIT V: Learning
- UNIT VI: Intelligence and Creativity
- UNIT VII: Motivation and Group Dynamics
- UNIT VIII: Personality and Assessment
- UNIT IX: Mental Health and Hygiene
- UNIT X: Guidance and Counselling
Language I -Tamil (Classes VI to VIII):
Language II English (Classes VI to VIII):
- Language Functions
TNTET Mathematics Syllabus 2020 (Classes VI to VIII):
- Number System
- Life Mathematics
- Data handling
- Practical Geometry
Social Science (History, Geography, Civics & Economics) (Classes VI to VIII):
- Unit 1: Pre-historic Period
- Unit 2: Indus Valley Civilization
- Unit 3: Ancient Land of Thamizhagam
- Unit 4: Vedic Period
- Unit 5: Jainism and Buddhism
- Unit 6: Rise of Empires
- Unit 7: Kushana Empire
- Unit 1: Resources and their types-Resources and Human Activity
- Unit 2: Primary Activity-Types of Primary Activities- Gathering, Hunting and Fishing-Mining-Classification of minerals
- Unit 3: Primary Activity-Agriculture-Agriculture and Crops-Factors Determining Agriculture
- Unit 4: Secondary Activity-Industries-Classification of Industries-Factors Determining Development of Industries.
- Unit 5: Tertiary Activity-Transport, Trade-Transport-Trade-Other Services
- Unit 6: Population and Resource-Population Growth and distribution population Growth and Resource Depletion-Resources and Space Technology
- Unit 1: Our Nation Location, Political Administration and National Symbols
- Unit 2: Indian Constitution Salient Features
- Unit 3: Political Parties Functions, Structures & Types – Regional and National parties
- Unit 4: United Nations Organization- Objectives – Organs - Functions
- Unit 5: Legislation and Welfare schemes for Children and Women.
Along with the syllabus, candidates can also refer to TNTET 2020 Reference Books.