The CDAC C-CAT is a national level exam that is conducted online. The candidates can get into postgraduate programs such as Big Data Analytics, Mobile Computing, Advanced Computing, Artificial Intelligence, etc., through this examination. The final admission to various training centers is dependent on the candidates' exam scores and course and center preferences.
Read this article to know more about CDAC C-CAT.
- Jul 9, 2021: The application form for the September session of CDAC C-CAT PG Diploma 2021 has been released. Interested candidates may apply for the exam until Jul 29, 2021.
- What is CDAC C-CAT?
- CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam Date
- CDAC C-CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- CDAC C-CAT 2021 Application Form
- CDAC C-CAT 2021 Admit Card
- CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam center
- CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- CDAC C-CAT 2021 Syllabus
- CDAC C-CAT 2021 Result
- CDAC C-CAT 2021 Counselling
- CDAC C-CAT 2021 Reference Books
- How to prepare for CDAC C-CAT 2021?
- CDAC Contact Details
What is CDAC C-CAT?
CDAC C-CAT examination is conducted by the center for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC). Some of the important facts related to this exam are tabulated below for your reference.
|Exam Name||CDAC C-CAT|
|Full-Form||CDAC’s Computerized Common Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||center for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Courses Offered||UG/PG Diploma/Diploma|
|Official website||www.cdac.in or acts.cdac.in.|
|Contact number||020-2550 3134|
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam Date
CDAC will release the official dates for the CDAC C-CAT 2021 exam. Candidates can complete the registration by visiting the official portal. It is advised to go through the eligibility criteria before doing the registration for the exam.
Candidates can check the dates relevant to the CDAC C-CAT PG Diploma exam for 2021 in the table below.
|Events||Dates - Sept Session||Dates- June Session|
|Start date of Online registration||Jul 9, 2021||Mar 15, 2021|
|Last date of online registration||Jul 29, 2021||Mar 25, 2021|
|Release of CDAC C-CAT admit card||Aug 5-7, 2021||Mar 31- Apr 1, 2021|
|CDAC C-CAT 2021 exam date||
Aug 7, 2021
Aug 8, 2021
Apr 3, 2021
Apr 4, 2021
|Declaration of CDAC C-CAT result||Aug 20, 2021||Apr 14, 2021|
|Online Selection of Courses and Centres (1st CDAC C-CAT 2021 Counselling)||Aug 20-26, 2021||Apr 14-Apr 17, 2021|
|Declaration of First Round of CDAC C-CAT Seat Allocation||Aug 28, 2021||Apr 19, 2021|
|Last Date of Payment of first installment course fee (Rs 10,000 + GST) for candidates allocated seats through the first round||Sept 3, 2021 (till 5 pm)||Apr 23, 2021 (till 5 pm)|
|Declaration of Second Round of Seat Allocation||Sept 6, 2021||Apr 25, 2021|
|Last Date of Payment of first installment course fee (Rs 10,000 + GST) for candidates allocated seats through the second round||Sept 9, 2021||Apr 27, 2021 (till 5 pm)|
|Payment of caution deposit (Rs 10,000 + GST) and Online Selection of Courses and Centres (2nd CDAC C-CAT Counselling 2021)||Sept 11-14, 2021||Apr 28- 30, 2021|
|Declaration of Third Round of CDAC C-CAT Seat Allocation (based on 2nd Counselling)||Sept 15, 2021||May 1, 2021|
|Last Date of Payment of Balance Course Fee||Sept 17, 2021||May 4, 2021|
|Registration of Students at Training Centres||Sept 20, 2021||May 4, 2021|
|Start of CDAC batch||Sept 21, 2021||May 5, 2021|
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria is divided into two parts. Candidates have the common eligibility criteria and the program-specific C-CAT eligibility criteria. Candidates appearing for the CDAC C-CAT exam 2021 need to fulfil both the criteria to write the exam.
Common Eligibility Criteria for CDAC C-CAT 2021
- A graduation degree in bachelors' of engineering or a degree in MS/ MSc in computer science, electronics, IT.
- Candidates should have had Maths in 10+2 (candidates with Diploma + Engineering are exempted)
Program Specific Eligibility Criteria for CDAC C-CAT 2021
Provided below are the program specific eligibility criteria the candidates must comply with.
|Eligibility criteria for category 1|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Geoinformatics (PG-DGi)||The candidate should have a 4-year degree in any subject: geosciences, petroleum, mining, civil, planning, architecture, forestry, and agriculture. Candidates can also have a Postgraduate degree in geography, geology, natural & applied sciences, mathematics, and allied areas. A minimum of 50% marks is required in any of the subjects mentioned.|
|Eligibility criteria for category 2|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing (PG-DAC)||The candidate should have a Graduation degree in any one of the disciplines of engineering, MCAand MCM. A postgraduate in physics, mathematics, statistics, management, computer science, and applications. The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in any of the subjects mentioned.|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Mobile Computing (PG-DMC)||The candidate should have a postgraduate degree in any one of the subjects such as mathematics, statistics, and MCA. The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in any of the subjects mentioned.|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Artificial Intelligence (PG-DAI)||Candidates need to have a postgraduate degree in any following disciplines such as mathematics, statistics, physics, and MCA..The candidate must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in any of the subjects mentioned.|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Big Data Analytics (PG-DBDA)||Candidates need to have a postgraduate degree in any following disciplines such as bioinformatics, mathematics, statistics, physics, and MCA. . Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in any of the subjects mentioned.|
|Post Graduate Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems & Security (PG-DITISS)||Candidates need to have a postgraduate degree in any following disciplines such as mathematics, statistics and MCA. The candidate must have scored 55% minimum in any of the subjects mentioned.|
|Post Graduate Diploma in the Internet of Things (PG-IoT)||Candidates need to give the CET (common eligibility test) or MCA for this programme. . candidate must have scored 55% minimum in any of the subjects mentioned.|
|Post Graduate Diploma in System Software Development (PG-DSSD)||Candidates need to have a postgraduate degree in statistics, mathematics, or MCA for this program. The candidate must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in any of the subjects mentioned.|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Secure Software Development (PG-DSSD)||Candidates need to give a common eligibility test or MCA for this programme..The candidate must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in any of the subjects mentioned.|
|Post Graduate Diploma in HPC System Administration (PG-DHPCSA)||Candidates need to have a postgraduate degree in statistics, mathematics, or MCA for this program. A minimum of 55% marks is required in any of the subjects mentioned.|
|Eligibility criteria for category 3|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Embedded Systems Design (PG-DESD)||Candidates need to give a common eligibility test for this programme. A minimum of 55% marks is required in any of the subjects mentioned.|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Embedded Systems Design (PG-DESD||Candidates need to give a common eligibility test for this programme. A minimum of 55% marks is required in any of the subjects mentioned.|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Biomedical Instrumentation & Health Informatics (PG-DBIHI)||Candidates need to give a common eligibility test or BE/BTech in biomedical related fields for this programme. A minimum of 55% marks is required in any of the subjects mentioned.|
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates can access the application form on the CDAC official website. The candidates must read the requirement before filling the application form. In case they are not meeting the requirements, the authority can cancel their application for that particular session. Candidates can follow the given steps to register for the CDAC C-CAT 2021 examination successfully.
- Step 1: The candidates can get registered for CDAC C-CAT 2021 using the link for registration available on the official website. Select the link for registration and fill in all the information required.
- Step 2: After getting registered, candidates will get their login id and password. Now candidates can fill in the application form by entering all the required details like educational and communication details.
- Step 3: Candidates need to upload a softcopy of their recent photograph.
- Step 4: The last step is to pay the application fee through online mode. Once the application fee is paid, it is non-refundable. Candidates can make the payment through debit card, credit card.
- Step 5: Candidates will choose the preferred date for the C-CAT 2021 examination. After filling up the application form, candidates should start preparing for the C-CAT examination.
The application fee for each course category is mentioned below.
|Course Category||CDAC C-CAT Paper||Amount|
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Admit Card
The candidates can easily download the admit card for CDAC C-CAT 2021 exam from its official website. Candidates will not be allowed to write the examination without the admit card. Candidates should check the details present on the admit card. Kindly report to the exam authorities in case of any discrepancy. The exam date, time and center will be mentioned on the admit card for CDAC C-CAT 2021 exam.
Steps to download the CDAC C-CAT 2021 admit card
- Step 1: Visit the official website and enter your login id and password
- Step 2: Click on the link given to download the admit card.
- Step 3: The admit card will display on the screen.
- Step 4: Candidates can now download the admit card.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam center
Candidates need to choose the preferred exam center while filling the application form for CDAC C-CAT 2021 exam. The exam centers are mentioned on the admit card, and candidates must carry proof of identity, and the admit card while entering the exam center. All the exam centers for CDAC C-CAT are tabulated below.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Exam pattern
Candidates who will be appearing for the CDAC C-CAT 2021 examination should be familiar with the exam pattern. It helps the aspirants save time and plan their preparation accordingly. The CDAC C-CAT 2021 exam is conducted online, and the medium for the examination is English. The test has three sections where the questions are multi-choice questions.
The pattern of the CDAC C-CAT 2021 exam is tabulated below in detail.
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer based)|
|Type of Question||MCQs ( Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Number of sections||Three sections- A, B and C|
|Total marks||150 marks for each section|
|Exam Duration||1 hour each section|
|Number of Questions||50 questions in each section|
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Syllabus
CDAC C-CAT exam is divided into three different sections where each section has a different syllabus. The CDAC C-CAT is designed to analyze and assess the intelligence of the candidates. The syllabus for all four sections is mentioned below:
- Section A: CDAC will evaluate the candidates on their English, quantitative aptitude and reasoning skills. This section is allotted 1 hour for completion.
- Section B: CDAC will evaluate the candidates' C programming, computer fundamentals, data structures, data communication & networking, object-oriented programming concepts and operating systems skills. This section is allotted 1 hour for completion.
- Section C: CDAC will evaluate the candidate on their computer architecture, digital electronics and microprocessors skills. This section is allotted a total of 1 hour for completion.
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Result
The CDAC C-CAT 2021 result is announced by the admission cell on the CDAC official website. Candidates are provided with a step-by-step guide below to help them download their results.
- Visit the official website (cdac.in)
- Log in with your registered form number and password
- Press on the result button
- CDAC C-CAT result 2021 will be visible on the screen
- Download it and take its print out
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Counselling
Candidates need to go through three rounds of counselling after getting qualified for the CDAC C-CAT 2021 examination. Seats' allotment will be initiated twice soon after two rounds of counselling. After completing the first two rounds, the third round of counselling will be held, and the remaining seats will be allotted to candidates. All the candidates who have been allotted a seat will need to pay the admission fee and register themselves at the training centers. The training centers for CDAC C-CAT 2021 exam are tabulated below.
|AIT (YCP) Mumbai||Bytes Softech, New Delhi||C-DAC Bengaluru (e-City)||C-DAC Bengaluru (Knowledge Park||C-DAC Chennai|
|C-DAC Hyderabad||C-DAC Kochi||C-DAC Kolkata||C-DAC Mumbai (Juhu)||C-DAC Mumbai (Kharghar)|
|C-DAC New Delhi||C-DAC Noida||C-DAC Pune||C-DAC Silchar||C-DAC Thiruvananthapuram|
|IACSD Pune||Infoway Pune||Institute of Emerging Technology Pune||Know-IT Pune||MET - IIT Mumbai|
|MET - IIT Nashik||NETCOM Jaipur||Orlando Academy Indore||Soft Polynomials Nagpur||Sunbeam Karad|
|Sunbeam Pune||USM’s Shriram Mantri VITA, Mumbai||-||-||-|
CDAC C-CAT 2021 Reference Books
Soon after, candidates fill their application form and should start preparing for the CDAC C-CAT 2021 examination. While preparing for this examination, reference books will be useful for candidates to aid their preparation and enhance their skills. The CDAC C-CAT 2021 reference books for all sections are tabulated below.
|Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude||
|Data Communication & Networking||
How to prepare for CDAC C-CAT 2021
Here are some tips that are sure to help candidates prepare well for the CDAC C-CAT 2021 and ace the exam.
- Be well aware of the CDAC C-CAT exam paper pattern. This will help you in prioritizing your weaker topics and scheduling your time effectively.
- Have an idea of your strong points. This can help you focus on areas that you may not be as strong in and provide clarity on the topics you can become even better at.
- Time management- This point is very important and it is necessary that while you prepare for your exam, you build your speed but also maintain thoroughness. Don’t lose time getting stuck on questions you are not clear with. Go through the whole paper once in the very beginning and start by answering the ones you know. This will boost your confidence and ensure that you answer as many questions as you can in the time allotted for your exam. Also, carry a watch to the CDAC C-CAT exam hall to keep track of the time.
- Focus on the important topics.
- Section A (Aptitude):
- Problems based on trains
- Time and work
- Problems based on ages
- HCF and LCM
- Profit and Loss
- Section A (Aptitude):
All topics are important but it is recommended that you study well and solve problems from these topics. Section A constitutes Verbal as well, so ensure you practice for that too.
- Section B:
- Computer fundamentals
- C programming
- C++oops concepts
- Operating systems
- Section C: This section is based on the engineering syllabus that you’ve covered.
- Preparing the basics is good enough to complete your exam successfully.
CDAC Contact Details
Provided below are the CDAC contact details in case of any queries or issues that may arise.
Advanced Computing Training School (ACTS)
center for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
4th floor, Innovation Park,
Sr. No. 34/B/1, Panchvati,
Pune, Maharashtra - 411008
Phone No: 020-2550 3134 /136 /137 /107
Email: [email protected]