- December 21, 2020: The third round seat allotment list for admissions through NIMCET 2020 Counselling is released.
- December 11, 2020: The second round seat allotment list is released.
- December 2, 2020: The document verification process for the NIMCET 2020 Counselling Process has started. The last date to verify documents is December 7, 2020.
NIMCET 2021 Counselling
Candidates will be called for the NIMCET 2021 counselling based on the marks obtained in the exam. Every year, more than 25,000 candidates apply for NIMCET, out of which 4800 are shortlisted for the counselling session. This year, 805 seats are being offered in MCA programs across the 11 NITs (National Institutes of Technology) in the country. The counselling process will start from November 13, 2021.
- Candidates will be called for the counselling based on the ranks obtained in NIMCET 2021.
- Counselling Process will happen in both online and offline mode.
- There is no need for the candidates to apply separately for the counselling process.
- NITs in Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal offer admission to the candidates in MCA course.
|Name of the NIT||Seats Offered|
NIMCET 2021 Counselling Process
Candidates will be provided admission on the basis of their preferences cum merit list. Selected candidates have to report to the designated centres along with the required documents.
- Candidates who are successful in the exam have to fill the choice of Institution.
- Candidates should log in into the link using login ID and password.
- This can be done from any place according to the candidates' preference.
- Candidates should fill their preference before the deadline.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates based on their preference and rank.
- The choices once locked cannot be accessed and changed.
Two options will be provided to the candidates after the seat allotment is done.
- Option 1: Candidates can finalise the institution in which they want to join.
- Option 2: Candidates can opt for other institution in the second round of counselling.
The fee to be paid:
Candidates should pay a fee of INR 10,000 as the counselling fee through the official website. Candidates should visit the remote reporting centre.
Remote Reporting Centre:
Remote Reporting Centre means the NIT institution (near to the place of the candidate) which provides admission to the candidates in MCA course.
Candidates need to carry all the original documents to the place of counselling for verification.
The documents to be carried for the counselling process are:
- Class X mark sheet
- Class XII mark sheet
- Mark sheet of Bachelor's degree
- Category certificate if applicable
- Medical Certificates
- Admit card
- ID proof
- 5-6 coloured photographs
The institutions that participate in the counselling and the total number of seats allotted to candidates from the various category is given below:
Seat matrix is subjected to change. Candidates can check for the availability on the official website. The state-wise quota is not allotted separately. The seats are allotted based on the rules stated by the Government of India.
Steps to know the rank of the candidate is given in NIMCET 2021 Results.