Looking to get admission to MCA program at Delhi University. DU MCA is an entrance test for the MCA program at Delhi University. Read below for more information on the exam.
- What is DU MCA?
- DU MCA 2021 Exam Date
- DU MCA 2021 Application Process
- DU MCA 2021 Application Form
- DU MCA 2021 Admit Card
- DU MCA 2021 Exam Centres
- DU MCA 2021 Eligibility
- DU MCA 2021 Exam Pattern
- DU MCA 2021 Syllabus
- DU MCA 2021 Result
- DU MCA 2021 Cut Off
- DU MCA 2021 Seats
- DU MCA 2021 Course Fees
- DU MCA 2021 Helpline
- DU MCA 2021 FAQs
What is DU MCA?
The DU MCA, which stands for Delhi University Master of Computer Applications, is an entrance exam of Delhi University managed by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The NTA conducts DUET (Delhi University Entrance Test) for admissions in various colleges of Delhi for all UG, PG, MPhil, and PhD programs. MCA is a 3-year full-time course with 6 semesters. The course provides mastering the professionals for the IT Industry. It helps the students to formulate various disciples of computer science.
DU MCA 2021 Exam Date
Delhi University has an online portal for filling up the admission forms. The last date of registration has not been announced yet. Candidates can check the updated dates below:
|Start of the online registration||To be announced|
|Last date to apply||To be announced|
|Admit Card download||To be announced|
|Entrance Exam||Sep 6, 2021 (tentative)|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
|Merit/ Admission List||To be announced|
|Counselling||To be announced|
DU MCA 2021 Application Process
Admissions to the MCA course is through an entrance exam (DUET conducted by NTA). Candidates need to register online on the official exam of the Delhi University. No physical application forms need to be sent to the office. For each course, a separate application form needs to be submitted. Given below are the steps to apply for the online application form:
- Go to the official admission website of Delhi University.
- Click on the “PG Admission Portal 2021”.
- Read the important instructions.
- Click on the “New User Registration”.
- Fill out all the details mentioned.
- Cross-check all the details filled.
- Click on “Register”
- A mail and an OTP on the registered mobile number will be sent.
- Verify your account.
Login and Form Filling Details
Candidates have to fill correct and valid information. After registering your account, follow the steps for login and uploading your documents:
Personal and Educational Information
- Go to the login website and fill up the details such as Registered Email ID, Password, Captcha
- After logging in, the candidates have to enter the following personal details: Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Email address, Contact number, Nationality, Category (Caste, PwD, Sports, Defence), Father/Mother/Guardian’s name, University attended for Bachelors degree, State of Domicile, Address, Bank Details(yours or parents’), Hostel requirements.
- Next, upload the required scanned documents.
- Click on the “Submit my profile” option.
- Fill up the last qualifying exam details (SSC, HSC, and Bachelors), such as Roll number, Percentage, Year of Passing, Grade Point, CGPA.
- In the next step, the candidates have to select the PG course they want to apply for.
- Fill up other necessary details.
- Select the centre for examination.
- Preview the application form and cross-check the details provided.
- Proceed for payment gateway.
- Take a printout of the application form and secure it until the day of admission.
Documents to be uploaded
Candidates must have the mentioned self-attested scanned documents/images before applying for the online admission form. The documents to be uploaded are mentioned below:
- Passport size photograph
- One of the following self-attested ID proofs- Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, PAN Card, Voter’s ID, Passport
- Class 10th certificate for proof of date of birth.
- Self-attested Caste or other Category certificates (if applicable).
Specifications of the documents
The documents should be self-attested and scanned. These documents should be in the following dimensions and format:
|Documents/Images||File Size||File Format|
|Passport size photo||50kb (100x130)||jpg,jpeg,png|
|Self-attested ID proof||100 kb 500kb||jpg,jpeg,png|
|Self-attested class 10th certificate||100 kb to 500kb||jpg,jpeg,png,pdf|
|Caste/Category certificates||100 kb to 500 kb||jpg,jpeg,png,pdf|
DU MCA 2021 Application Form
The following amount needs to be paid for the DU Online Application Form 2021 for admission to PG programs:
|SC, ST, PwD, and EWS||INR 300 (per course)|
|UR(Unreserved), OBC, and other||INR 750 (per course)|
Modes of Payment
The candidates can pay the application fee through the modes mentioned below:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
DU MCA 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for the entrance exam will be issued by NTA. Candidates can download their respective admit cards by entering their application form number and date of birth on the intimidated date. The examination center, date, and time will be mentioned on the admit card of the candidate. The admit card should be kept safe until the time of admission, as it is used for verification. The admit card will not be sent to any candidate’s address by post. Candidates can check the additional details below:
Admit Card Download
Candidates can follow the given steps to download the admit card:
- Go to the official website of NTA or Delhi University.
- Find the admit card link under the “Latest @ NTA” section on the homepage of the website.
- Click on the link and enter your application form number and date of birth (YYYYMMDD format).
- Submit your login details.
- Admit card will be displayed.
- Properly check the details on the admit card if they are correct.
- Take more than two printouts of the admit card and secure it.
If any candidate is unable to download the admit card or finds any dissimilarities with their photograph or signature, then he/she should immediately contact the helpline number between 10 am to 5 pm. In this case, the candidate will be allowed to appear for the entrance exam with the already downloaded admit card. The NTA will make the corrections in the record later. The helpline numbers and email addresses are provided in the end.
Details mentioned in the Admit Card:
Candidates should check the following details in their admit card:
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Application number
- Candidate’s photograph
- Candidate’s signature
- Father’s name
- Date of Birth
- PwD status
- Course Applied for
- Examination Date
- Examination Centre/Venue
- Examination Start time
- Reporting Time
- Instructions for candidates
Candidates should make sure that all the details match and are correct.
Documents To Carry To The Exam With The Admit Card
The candidates have to carry the following documents with them to the examination hall without which the entry will be prohibited:
- Print copy of their admit card
- One passport size photograph (same as in the admit card)
- Either one of the following ID Proofs (valid, original, and non-expired), namely: PAN Card/Voter’s ID/Driving License/Aadhar Card/Ration Card/Passport.
- PwD Certificate (if applicable) by an authorized medical officer.
- Name change proof certificate. (If by any means the name of the candidate has changed then he/she has to bring the necessary documents to prove the same).
Important instructions for the candidates
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre other than the one mentioned on his/her admit card
- No duplicate admit card will be issued at the examination centre
- Candidates cannot appear for the examination without the admit card and required documents.
- The admit card should be preserved for future references.
- Issuing of admit card does not signify admission to the course. It is just a ticket to enter the examination hall.
- The candidates should reach the examination centre 2 hours before the exam commences.
- The registration desk closes 60 mins before the examination.
- The candidate should check the question paper is correct as per the opted subject mentioned in the admit card. If not, the invigilator should be informed immediately.
- No baggage allowed inside the centre. NTA will not be responsible for anything.
- Diabetic candidates will be allowed to carry edibles like sugar tablets or fruits (like banana/apple/orange). They are allowed to bring a transparent water bottle to the examination hall. No packed foods will be allowed.
- Under no circumstances, the examination centre, date, or time printed on the admit card will be changed.
- No re-examination will be conducted for any candidate under any circumstances.
DU MCA 2021 Exam Centers
The candidates have to choose 3(three) centres preference wise from the following cities at the time of applying:
*Delhi NCR includes Delhi, Gurugram, Faridabad, Noida, Greater Noida, Sahibabad, Ghaziabad.
DU MCA 2021 Eligibility
The University of Delhi has different eligibility criteria for various courses. Eligibility criteria for the MCA program can be checked below:
The general eligibility criteria for the program are as follows:
No minimum age limit is designated for the Post Graduate programs.
Candidates who are appearing in the final year of their degree exam are also eligible to apply.
(Relaxation will be given to the candidates belonging to the SC, ST, and OBC category)
The eligibility criteria for 2021 entrance exam as per the notification issued by The University of Delhi are as follows:
- Candidates having a bachelor’s degree from The University of Delhi or any other recognized University, whose exam is equivalent to that of Delhi University.
- At least one paper of Mathematical Science (Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Operational Research) under annual mode and two papers under semester mode.
- 60% marks or CGPA in aggregate as per University norms in bachelor or any equivalent degree.
DU MCA 2021 Exam Pattern
Admission to the MCA program is through an entrance exam in the name of DUET (Delhi University Entrance Exam) that is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) for admission in all the PG courses in colleges of Delhi. The entrance exam is conducted online as CBT-Computer Based Test at different examination centres. Candidates can go through the detailed exam pattern below:
|Mode of Examination||Online CBT(Computer Based Test)|
|Duration of the examination||2 hours|
|Type of questions||MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Number of questions||50|
|Marks per question||4 (four) marks for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||-1 (minus one) for every incorrect answer (no marks will be deducted for unattempted question)|
|Medium of paper||English|
|Section||Number of Questions|
DU MCA 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for the entrance exam of MCA is as follows:
- Geometry and Vector Calculus
- Complex numbers
- Vector spaces
- Real sequences
- Infinite series
- Riemann Integration
Computer Science Syllabus
- Data Representation
- Boolean Circuits and their simplification
- Data types
- Constants and Variables
- Operators and Expressions
- Control Structures
- Use of Functions
Logical Ability Syllabus
- Problem-solving using basic concepts of arithmetic
- Data Analysis
English Comprehension Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Correct usage of English Language
Candidates can check the entire syllabus here.
DU MCA 2021 Result
The result of all the UG and PG 2021 courses will be announced on the official website of Delhi University and NTA under the “Latest” section. It will be in a pdf format with all candidate’s names, roll number, marks, rank, and category. The list will contain all the names of the qualified candidates as well as the non-qualified candidates separately. The list will be prepared based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam.
DU MCA 2021 Cut-Off
The University of Delhi has different cut-off lists for various courses. Candidates can check the MCA cut-off list of the previous year (2019) below:
|Cut-Off List||Entrance Exam Marks|
|First Cut-Off List||61-48|
|Second Cut-Off List||46.84|
|Third Cut-Off List||46.74|
The cut-off will be prepared based on the following factors by the University:
- Entrance Test Marks
- Seats available
- Number of candidates appeared for the test
- Previous year cut-off
DU MCA 2021 Seats
The MCA program 2021 has a total number of 58 seats divided into various categories as per the University rules. Candidates can check the category wise distribution of seats below:
|Admission Criteria||Total||General||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||PWD(3%)||CW(5%)||Sports (up to 5%)|
|Foreign Nationals (5%)||3||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
DU MCA 2021 Course Fees
The course fee structure for the MCA program for the academic session 2021 issued by The University of Delhi is mentioned below:
|Course||Semester||Fees||Session||Fee Payment Schedule|
DU MCA 2021 Helpline
Candidates can contact the following numbers or email addresses issued by the NTA for any query or technical assistance.
- [email protected]
DU MCA 2021 FAQs
- Is online registration mandatory?
Ans. Yes, online registration is mandatory for all the PG programs.
- Where can I apply for admission?
Ans. Candidates need to apply on the official website by clicking on the “PG Admission Portal 2021”.
- When will the MCA exam be held?
Ans. The exam dates are not announced yet.
- What all is not allowed to carry to the examination hall?
Ans. The items which are prohibited from carrying to the examination are:
- Textual Materials
- Mobile Phones
- Bluetooth devices
- Any electronic device/gadget
- Docu Pens
- Slide Rules
- Log Tables
- Electronic Watches with Calculator
- Printed/Written Material
- Bits of Papers
- Do I need to send a hard copy of my application form?
Ans. No, the candidates are not supposed to send the application forms by post. It will only be online.