Organized by Jawaharlal Institute, Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research is for candidates aspiring to get admission into MD and MS courses offered by the institute. The examination takes place annually, all across India.
Latest News on JIPMER PG 2021
- September 3, 2020: The JIPMER PG 2021 Round 2 Counselling Results are declared.
- August 26, 2020: The JIPMER PG 2021 Round 2 Counselling starts today. Candidates can log in and register for the process using the official portal. Click here for the detailed schedule.
- What is JIPMER PG?
- JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Date
- JIPMER PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- JIPMER PG 2021 Application Form
- JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Pattern
- JIPMER PG 2021 Syllabus
- JIPMER PG Preparation
- JIPMER PG 2021 Test Centres
- JIPMER PG 2021 Admit Card
- JIPMER PG 2021 Results
- JIPMER PG 2021 Counselling
- JIPMER PG 2021 Fee Structure
What is JIPMER PG?
Established in 1823, one of the leading Medical Institution of India Jawaharlal Institute, conducts this National level entrance exam of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research in two sessions in the month of January & July. Candidates will be offered admissions into PG level courses in the field of medicine. Admission in PG courses will be offered in MD (Doctor of Medicine) & MS (Master of Surgery), DM, M.CH in a wide range of fields.
|Exam Name||Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research|
|Acronym||JIPMER PG or JIPMER MD/MS/MDS|
|Conducting body||Jawaharlal Institute|
|Courses offered||MD, MS, and MDS|
|Exam Date||June 21, 2021|
|JIPMER PG official website||www.jipmer.edu.in|
JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Date
Candidates are advised to through the important exam dates for JIPMER 2021 carefully, to keep track of all the crucial events related to the exam. JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Dates are mentioned below. The application was accessible from the university website.
|JIPMER PG 2021 Application form||March 4, 2021|
|Last date to apply||May 18, 2021|
|JIPMER PG 2021 Admit card availability||June 5, 2021|
|JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Date||June 21, 2021|
|JIPMER PG 2021 Result Date||June 27, 2021|
|Commencement First counselling||July 22, 2021|
Note: Click here for the JIPMER PG 2021 Vacancy Details.
JIPMER PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before appearing for the entrance examination, students must check the eligibility criteria for JIPMER PG 2021. Eligibility criteria for candidates who are aspiring to apply for JIPMER PG 2021 are discussed below.
- Nationality: Indian National, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), and Non-resident Indian (NRI) are eligible to apply for JIPMER PG 2021
- Qualification: Candidate must possess MBBS or any equivalent degree recognized by the Medical Council of India (MIC)
- Percentage: Applying candidate must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks & for reserved categories (ST/SC) – 50% marks should be secured in the qualifying exam
- Internship: Candidates must have completed the 1-year internship/ practical training/. Candidates without internship will not eligible to apply for the entrance exam
Note: Candidate who has completed their MD/MS degree in any subjects from any institution will be not eligible for admission into JIPMER PG
JIPMER PG 2021 Application Form
The application form for the JIPMER PG 2021 was available on the official website from March 4, 2021 to May 18, 2021. The details regarding JIPMER PG 2021 Application Form are given below.
- The Application Form of JIPMER PG 2021 will be available online for July session
- Candidate must read complete instructions given carefully before filling the application form
- The application process for July will start from March 4, 2021, for MD/MS
- For July Session (MD/MS), the application process will end on April 9, 2021
- The application process consists of various steps – Online registration, filling the application form, uploading of images, making the choice of the test center and city, payment of application fee and printing of application
- No request for a change in details entered in the form will be entertained after submission of the form
**For Direct Link to apply for JIPMER PG 2021 Click here**
JIPMER PG Application fee
Mode of Payment: Candidate will have to pay the JIPMER application form fee online. Fee can be paid through credit card, debit card or net-banking.
The fee payment for different categories is discussed below.
JIPMER PG 2021 Exam Pattern
JIPMER 2021 exam pattern will include 250 objectives questions. The total time duration of the exam will be 3 hours. No negative marks will be allotted for wrong answers. The other necessary information on JIPMER PG 2021 has been mentioned below.
- Exam Mode: JIPMER PG 2021 exam will get conducted in online mode (computer-based) mode.4
- Exam Duration: Time given to complete the exam is 3 hours for MD/MS for DM 100 questions
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
Given below are the distributions of questions for MD/MS:
|Topics||No. of questions|
|Basic Clinical Science||100|
JIPMER PG 2021 Syllabus
Candidates applying for JIPMER PG must check the syllabus of the exam as given below.
Basic Clinical Science
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Community Medicine
- Radio Diagnosis
- Radio Therapy
- Emergency Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Blood Transfusion Medicine
JIPMER PG Preparation
Students aspiring to appear for the upcoming JIPMER PG 2021 Exam can follow these tips given below. Most students think that exams are difficult. But with proper knowledge about the basics and constant practice they can easily ace this exam.
Scan the syllabus
Before beginning the preparation it is important to know the topics involved in the syllabus. The best way to know the syllabus is to go through the previous year question papers (based on the subjects you choose).
Develop a Timetable
Once after you decide to study, it is important to prepare a timetable of your own. Focus on the basic during the initial stage of preparation and also give priority to practice. Learning the concepts and then practicing rigorously is very important to crack the exam.
There can be no words enough to emphasize the importance of revision. After you learn certain concepts it is important to revisit the topics once again and learn them. It will also help if you take short notes of what you learn.
Writing down important formulae and other vital concepts will help you to revise before the exam. Also as there are a lot of books available in the market, picking the right JIPMER study material will help you score well.
Choose Easy Subjects
You should not be leaving easy subjects. In order words, covering the easy subjects completely will help you to improve your score and thereby improve your AIR.
JIPMER PG 2021 Test Centres
The exam centres are made in most cities for the convenience of the candidates. There are 10 best cities that will be made in the test centres. The teat centres are provided below.
The exam is scheduled to be held at the following cities –
- New Delhi
JIPMER PG 2021 Admit Card
Hall Tickets for the JIPMER PG MD/MS entrance exam was issued online on the official website. Candidates who have successfully registered foe could access the admit card.
To download the admit card, candidates need to enter User Id and Password. Admit card carries the details like name, roll number, photograph and signature of image, exam date, time and venue. Candidates have to carry the hardcopy of the admit card along with original ID proof, Aadhar, Passport, Bank Passbook with photography, Voter ID, Driving License and photocopy of the same.
JIPMER PG 2021 Results
Candidates can check JIPMER PG 2021 results on the official website jipmer.edu.in. The results are declared online and candidates can first view the merit list which as well will be posted on the official website. The merit list is released for all the categories separately and the same is used for counseling and admission. The overall merit list is uploaded just for reference of the candidates. The candidates also receive the result in the form of a Rank letter, a Rank card, or a scorecard sort of. The candidates must download their respective Rank letter as it is an essential document. The Rank letter will be required at the time of counselling and admission for which the candidates must keep it with them for these purposes.
In case, two or more candidates who have scored the same marks or have reached a tie, the candidate having lesser negative marks will be given the seat. However, if in case there is still a tie the older candidate will be given preference, and still if there is a tie, the candidate who has secured a higher percentage will be given the seat.
On the merit list candidates can check the following details:
- Serial number
- Roll number
- Name of the candidates
- Date of birth
- Number of correct responses
- Number of wrong responses
- Total marks
- UR rank
- Category rank
JIPMER PG 2021 Counselling
The counselling will be done based on the JIPMER MD/MS entrance exam 2021. The candidates will have to report to JIPMER PG Counselling within the allotted time, date and venue.
During counselling process, the candidate’s biometric fingerprint and image verification will be done.
Candidates who will be selected will have to go through the medical examination & verification process. At the time of verification, candidates will have to bring their certificates mentioned below:
- Original Hall Ticket with the seal of the Invigilator
- Rank letter
- Certificate showing the date of birth (Birth certificate/SSLC mark list)
- MBBS mark statement
- Internship completion certificate
- Conduct certificate obtained from the Institute last attended
- Transfer certificate obtained from the Institute last studied
- Migration certificate obtained from the University last attended
- MBBS degree or Provisional pass certificate
- Permanent/Provisional Medical Registration Certificate
JIPMER PG 2021 Fee Structure
The fee structure for JIPMER PG 2021 is given in the table below for the candidates' reference. The candidates must note that this fee is exclusive of the application fee.
|Description||M.D./M.S. (Fee in Rupees)|
|Admission fee (one time)||5,000|
|Academic fee (annual)||2,200|
|Learning Resource Fee (one time)||9,000|
|Student information details||1500|
|Identify card charges (one time)||150|