The following article contains a list of all the AIIMS colleges all over India. There are several AIIMS located in various cities in India each providing a limited number of seats.
AIIMS is a group of autonomous government public medical colleges of higher education. AIIMS first center was established at the country’s capital Delhi in 1956. Presently there are 15 active AIIMS Colleges across the country and is considered the excellence in a medical science discipline. AIIMS provides education to the medical students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. AIIMS is funded by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. AIIMS offers medical and para-medical courses at UG and PG levels. It also awards its own degree. The main objective of AIIMS was to develop patterns of teachings in undergraduate and postgraduate Medical Education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of Medical Education in India. AIIMS strives to bring all the facilities in regard to medical sciences. It has several institutes set up in different parts of India. In this article, we are listing all the AIIMS in India in details.
List of Topics:
AIIMS Courses Offered:
AIIMS in India offers teaching and research facilities in the medical field that can be considered top-notch. Its role is to establish a high standard of teaching in the undergraduate and postgraduate medical education system. The main objective of AIIMS was to develop patterns of teachings in undergraduate and postgraduate Medical Education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of Medical Education in India. The seats are tentative in nature which means that the seats can increase or decrease. No seat can be updated once the final seat position is declared. Following are the courses and specializations offered by AIIMS:
|MD/MS||Anaesthesiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Community Medicine, Dermatology & Venereology, Emergency Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Medicine, Microbiology, Nuclear Medicine, Obst. & Gynae, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otorhinolaryngology, Paediatrics, Palliative Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Physiology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, Surgery, Transfusion Medicine, Hospital Administration|
|MDS||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Orthodontics, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Prosthodontics, Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry|
|DM||Infectious Diseases, Hospital Administration|
|M.Ch||Neuro Surgery, Hospital Administration|
List of AIIMS in India:
There are several AIIMS located in various parts of India. The following list contains all the AIIMS located along with the date of establishment:
|AIIMS Colleges||Year of Establishment|
|AIIMS New Delhi||1956|
AIIMS in India Details:
- AIIMS New Delhi: AIIMS was created in 1956. It is an autonomous institute. AIIMS New Delhi courses both medical and para-medical are offered at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The Institute has comprehensive facilities for teaching, research, and patient care. AIIMS teaching and research are conducted in 42 disciplines in different fields of medicine. AIIMS has more than 600 research publications every year. It also has a College of Nursing and trains students for B.Sc.(Hons.) Nursing post-certificate) degrees. AIIMS New Delhi has around the 60-bedded hospitals in the Comprehensive Rural Health Centre in Haryana which provides health cover to about 2.5 lakh population through the Centre for Community Medicine.
- AIIMS Bhopal: AIIMS Bhopal was established by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana(PMSSY). It was established in 2012 and is located in Saket Nagar, Bhopal. It is one of the seven AIIMS apex healthcare institutes. AIIMS Bhopal was established with an aim to be a center of excellence in medical education, training, health care, and so on. It ranked 1 among India's best hospitals by The Week magazine in 2017. AIIMS courses are offered in multiple departments like Anaesthesiology, General Medicine, Pediatrics, Radiotherapy, Endocrinology, Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, Trauma & Emergency Urology, and so on.
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar: AIIMS Bhubaneswar was established in 2012 on July 12th. The institute is to provide quality medical education in super-specialty disciplines and to provide medicare facilities to underserved areas of the country. AIIMS Bhubaneswar admission can be done based on the scores in the AIIMS entrance exam. The institute was established as an autonomous institution. AIIMS Bhubaneshwar courses are offered at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the science of modern medicine including physical and biological sciences.
- AIIMS Jodhpur: AIIMS Jodhpur is among the 6 institutes established by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. It aims to correct regional imbalances in healthcare by offering medical education in various departments. It is located in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. The campus has a well-maintained atmosphere providing a positive attitude at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs. AIIMS Jodhpur admission is based on the entrance test and is limited to the number of seats available. Some of the courses AIIMS Jodhpur provides are MBBS, B.Sc, MDS, M.Ch, and so on.
- AIIMS Raipur: AIIMS Raipur is one of the new healthcare institutes established in 2012 and located in Tatibandh. It aims to be a center of excellence in medical education, training, health care, and research. AIIMS Raipur offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in all its branches and related fields. AIIMS Raipur courses are in preclinical and para-clinical departments as well. All results for the courses are available on their official website. There are many great facilities available on campus like libraries, accommodation, sports and many more. AIIMS Raipur courses are in Medical Education, Doctoral Courses, Nursing Education, and Dental Education.
- AIIMS Rishikesh: AIIMS Rishikesh was established in 2012. It is approved by MCI and is recognized by NIRF. The Institution is formed through the Pradhan Manthri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi. The main mission of the AIIMS is to establish the center of excellence in Medical Education, Training, Healthcare, and Research purposes. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh was established in 2012. It is approved by MCI and is recognized by NIRF. The Institution is formed through the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi. The main mission of the AIIMS Rishikesh is to establish the center of excellence in Medical Education, Training, Healthcare, and Research purposes. The main objective of the institution is to create an excellent education and provide highly trained manpower to the country to conduct research on national and regional health problems.
- AIIMS Mangalagiri: AIIMS Mangalagiri was established in 2018 located in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. The main campus consists of 8 departments. It has its temporary campus at Government Siddhartha Medical College. It has a total of 11 departments offering MBBS to date.
- AIIMS Nagpur: Another AIIMS campus is located in Nagpur. It was established in 2018. AIIMS Nagpur is one of the largest college sites covering the 150-acre campus. It provides world-class facilities.AIIMS Nagpur is one of the groups of autonomous public medical institutes. AIIMS Nagpur admission is offered in a full-time undergraduate course like MBBS. It aims to develop world-class facilities to achieve excellence in the field of Medical Research.