The All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMSes) are a group of autonomous public medical colleges of higher education. These institutes have been declared by Act of Parliament as institutions of national importance. AIIMS New Delhi, the fore-runner parent excellence institution, was established in 1956.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), has become a lifesaving institution.The dream of Nehru and Amrit Kaur and the recommendations of the Bhore Committee which found favor of the government of New Zealand and then only it was become possible. A generous grant from the New Zealand under Colombo Plan made it possible to lay the foundation stone of AIIMS in 1952.The AIIMS was finally created in 1956, as an autonomous institution through the act of Parliament.
- It is located at Ansari Nagar, Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi
- The Institute has modern facilities for teaching, research and patient-care. AIIMS conducts teaching programs in medical and para-medical courses for both levels UG & PG.
- Teaching and research are conducted in 42 disciplines. In the field of medical research AIIMS is having more than 600 research publications by the faculty and many researchers in one year.
- AIIMS also runs College of Nursing in which they train students for B.Sc.(Hons.) degrees.
- 25 clinical departments including four super specialty centers manage practically all types of disease conditions with support from pre and Para-clinical departments.
- AIIMS also have 60-beded hospital in the Comprehensive Rural Health Centre at Ballabgarh, Haryana and provides health cover to about 2.5 lakh population through the Centre for Community Medicine.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in medical and related physical, biological sciences.
- Education innovations
- Nursing and dental education
- Producing medical teachers for country.
- Research in medical and related sciences.
- Health care: preventive, promotive and curative; primary, secondary & tertiary.
- Image analysis system for quantitative and stereological study of tissues.
- Control of Diarrheol diseases.
- Flowcytometry in progress in Biotechnology Laboratory for identification of DNA ploidy and surface markers in cancer cells.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org