The expected IIT Bombay GATE cutoff 2023 ranges from 853 to 860. GATE 2023 results are available for download on the official website. Authorities will release the cutoff requirement once counselling rounds are completed.
The expected IIT Bombay GATE cutoff 2023 is 853 to 860 for the general category, 730 to 735 for EWC, 645 to 650 for SC and 640 to 645 for ST category candidates. IIT Kanpur released the GATE 2023 results on Mar 16, 2023 on the official website. The official cutoff marks will soon be made available by the authorities.
These cutoffs will determine the admission of the students to the various M.Tech courses at IIT Bombay. The cutoffs are calculated based on factors such as the total number of seats, category-wise seat availability, the difficulty quotient of the exam, and more. The candidates can meanwhile check and analyse the previous years' cutoff figures.
|IIT Bombay Fee Structure & Courses||IIT Bombay Admission||IIT Bombay Infrastructure|
Table of Contents
- IIT Bombay GATE 2023 Cutoff (Expected)
- Previous Years IIT Bombay GATE Cutoff
- M.Tech Courses offered by IIT Bombay
- IIT Bombay M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
- IIT Bombay M.Tech Application Process
- IIT Bombay M.Tech Admission Process
IIT Bombay GATE 2023 Cutoff (Expected)
The authorities will announce the IIT Bombay GATE cutoff 2023 once the counselling stages are complete on the 16th of March 2023. There is a list of probable cutoff figures calculating previous year trends, to determine the expected IIT Bombay GATE cutoff 2023 range.
|Category||Expected IIT Bombay GATE Cutoff 2023|
|General||853 - 860|
|EWC||730 - 735|
|OBC-NCL||743 - 748|
|ST||640 - 645|
|SC||645 - 650|
Previous Years IIT Bombay GATE Cutoff
The candidates must know the previous year's cutoff trends to analyse the opening and closing scores for IIT Bombay GATE cutoff 2023. The table below contains the year-wise previous years' cutoff scores. And the students must note, the CCMT announces the cutoffs only after all the rounds of the counselling process are complete and finalized.
|IIT Bombay GATE Cutoff Year||Download PDF|
M.Tech Courses offered by IIT Bombay
The following is a list of M.Tech courses offered by IIT Bombay in Alphabetical order. Students can refer to the admissions cutoff of these in the following article.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Education Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Environmental Science & Engineering
- Geoinformatics and Natural Resources Engineering
- Industrial Engineering & Operations Research
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science
- Materials, Manufacturing and Modelling
- Systems and Control Engineering
- Technology and Development
IIT Bombay M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria which the candidates are required to fulfil to secure admission for the various M.Tech courses at IIT Bombay:
- Aspirants from B.Tech/ B.E must have a minimum of 60% of marks to be eligible for M.Tech admission
- Apart from the minimum qualification, the applicants must have a valid GATE score
- Candidates who have completed B.Tech or B.E from any Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) across the country with an 8.00 CGPA out of 10 are eligible to get direct M.Tech admission at IIT Bombay. They are also exempted from the GATE requirement.
IIT Bombay M.Tech Application Process
The steps to be followed to apply for M.Tech courses at IIT Bombay are as follows:
- Candidates need to visit the official website of IIT Bombay.
- Click on the option “Students” and then click on “Perspective students”
- Click on the M.Tech- PhD option. This will redirect the students to the official M.Tech admission portal of IIT Bombay.
- Here students need to fill in and submit the Online Application form. Make sure to ensure the eligibility criteria is being fulfilled by you while applying.
- The application fee is INR 150 for females, candidates of reserved categories and Physically Handicapped Candidates, and INR 300 for remaining candidates.
- Candidates need to take a printout of the application form for future reference.
- Candidates also need to register themselves on the Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) portal.
Documents to be submitted with the Application Form
The following are the essential documents the candidates are required to submit while filling out the application form for the institute:
- Marks sheets of 10th, 12th and Graduation.
- Certificate of the cast, PwD (If applicable)
- Passport size photograph
- Signature of applicant
- Statement of purpose (SOP) (If applicable)
IIT Bombay MTech Admission Process
The following is the process for admission to M.Tech at IIT Bombay:
- Candidates will have to check the COAP portal for the status of seat allocation.
- Candidates who have been allocated a seat and wish to accept the same are required to pay the seat acceptance fees to confirm the same.
- For certain courses, the candidates are required to give a written ability test (WAT) and a Personal Interview (PI). The date and timing for these will be given to the candidates and they are required to visit the institute to participate in the process.
- Final selection will be made on the basis of the qualifying marks of the written ability test, the personal interview, GATE cutoff scores and upon fulfilment of the eligibility criteria for the course.
- The admission offer letters will also be awarded through the COAP portal to the candidates. Candidates are advised to keep checking this portal during the process of admissions.
IIT Bombay GATE Cutoff Determining Factors
Let us first know the various factors that determine the cutoff at IIT Bombay. Although the factors that determine this cutoff are not made public by IIT Bombay, the following factors are general and are commonly used by Institutes.
- Previous year's GATE cutoff trends
- The difficulty level of the GATE Exam
- Total number of seats available for the course
- Total number of aspirants who have applied for the various courses
- The category under which the students desire admission
POST YOUR COMMENT