Get complete details on BSc Nursing Entrance Exams in India 2021. Check the Syllabus, Exam Date, Previous Year Question Papers, Book, Result, and latest news regarding BSc Nursing Entrance Exams 2021.
For those people who are dedicated, and willing in their mind, and have a passion, this is the ideal career choice. Nursing is one of the most essential parts of the medical industry. The main aim of these jobs is to make people healthy and taking care of patients.
Assistant nursing officer, chief nursing officer, nurse manager, critical care nurse, pediatric surgery nurse are some of the jobs that the candidate can pursue after completing the B.Sc nursing course.
Top B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exams in India
Individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in nursing need to go through a four-year B.Sc nursing course to be a certified nurse. There are various entrance exams conducted across the country for aspiring candidates to get admission into colleges/universities that provide this course.
Here is a list of the top entrance exams in India for B.Sc Nursing:
- AIIMS Nursing
- AFMC Nursing
- SVNIRTAR CET
- BHU UET
- SRHU CEENPB
- MAJU Entrance Exam
- KIMS University Nursing
B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exams Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the different nursing entrance exam is quite different according to the various exams. It is important to make sure that you are eligible for the examination, before applying for it. If you are found to be ineligible after you have registered, the authority can cancel your application without notice.
The eligibility criteria for a few B.Sc nursing entrance exams are given below:
- Only Indians are eligible for this nursing exam with PCB.
- Only 12th or equivalent passed candidates are available for this nursing exam.
- The qualifying exam must be passed with a minimum of 55% marks by the General or OBC candidates and for SC/ST candidates it is 50%.
- The minimum age is 17 years as on December 31.
- This nursing course exam is available only for female candidates.
- Those candidates who are pursuing the final year can apply for this.
LHMC Nursing Eligibility:
- Only female candidates are eligible for application.
- 17+ years of age candidates can apply (as on December 31).
- The candidate must be fit physically.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 45% marks in 10+2 or any equivalent qualifying examination.
- Students who are waiting for the result of 10+2 or appearing for the same may also apply.
- Only PCB students are eligible for this entrance exam with English as a mandatory subject.
- The student must be a female Indian citizen only.
- The student must be 17+ years of age but not over 25 years of age as on April 1, of the year of the examination.
- The candidate must have at least 50% of aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 with PCB as compulsory subjects or a 3-year diploma in general Nursing Midwifery.
- The candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
B.Sc Entrance Exams Syllabus
Before attempting any exam, it is important that the candidate goes through the syllabus for that exam. This is to ensure that the candidates know exactly what topics are to be referred and to get an understanding of all the topics that they might consider difficult for them. Knowing the syllabus can help with creating a study plan that can focus more on the topics that you find difficult. The syllabus for a few of the BSc Entrance Exams are as follows:
Candidates can apply for three different courses through the AIIMS Nursing Exam, and the syllabus is different for each of the three courses. For B.Sc Nursing courses the syllabus will consist of topics mostly from the 10+2 syllabus (such as Basic Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) along with various topics related to nursing and midwifery (such as paediatric nursing, psychiatric nursing, fundamentals of nursing, etc). The syllabus also includes topics of general awareness (such as history, geography, general policy and scientific research).
BHU UET Syllabus:
BHU UET is an exam conducted by the Banaras Hindu University for students get admissions into various bachelor's courses. The syllabus for each course varies as per the needs of that course. For BSc courses, the syllabus consists mainly of 10+2 topics from Physics, Chemistry and Biology, as prescribed by the NCERT. Candidates are also asked to go through some topics related to nursing for the B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam.
The syllabus for AFMC Nursing includes topics from Physics, Chemistry and Biology as per the 10+2 syllabus. Candidates will also need to study up about topics based on General English and Logical Thinking/Reasoning. There are various B.Sc Nursing Courses offered through the AFMC Nursing Exam, so the topics for each of the courses might differ based on what the courses focuses about once the admissions have happened.
B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exams Pattern
Having an idea about the exam pattern and the syllabus of the selected course will be a great help in preparing for the examination.
Here are the exam patterns for a few of the B.Sc nursing entrance exams.
|LHMC Exam Pattern||
|AIIMS Nursing Exam Pattern||
|AFMC Nursing Exam Pattern||
By following this exam pattern, the student can easily score well in the entrance exam.
Why choose a career in nursing?
Here are a few reasons, why you should consider nursing as your career choice.
- Flexibility in the job: A nursing job is quite flexible in working hours, places. The nurses can do their jobs in part-time, full time, they can choose accordingly.
- Satisfaction: Nursing is one of the best professions in India as well as in the Wolrd. Nurses are arbiter for the patients and doctors. Patients are more comfortable sharing their thinking rather than saying to the doctors so these all things are liked by the nurses which provide them satisfaction towards their job.
- Good salary: Nursing is one of the most highly paid jobs. You can be doing your part for society and have a well-settled life.
- Online Education: For those who are not able to pursue their nursing courses with the physical presence can pursue their courses with the help of an online mode of education and can earn the certificate.
- Financial Aid Facilities: Students who want to pursue nursing courses but are having some financial difficulties, can look for scholarship opportunities and other financial aids that are available. Getting a good score on the B.Sc nursing examination will help the student get a scholarship from the respective institution.
A good score in the B.Sc nursing entrance exam means a better chance of getting admission to a good nursing college. This is why preparation for the exam is one of the most important processes. If you commit to the preparation process, then you will easily be able to clear the examination and get a really good score.