Paramedical Counselling Tamil Nadu 2021- The admission for Paramedical courses will start in the month of August 2021 and the Tamil Nadu Paramedical Counselling 2021 will start after the announcement of merit list. The selection process is based on merit i.e candidates' marks in the entrance exam.
The admission procedure will be carried out based on merit and the candidate’s performance in the qualifying exam. The registration process of Paramedical Counselling Tamil Nadu will begin in August 2021. The candidates shall submit their application forms online on time to register successfully. The schedule of admission activities is given below so that you do not miss out on any of the events. Read the article below to keep track of all the information required for TN Paramedical Counselling 2021.
List of Topics:
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- Selection Process
- Counselling Process
- Fee Structure
- Reservation Policy
Paramedical Counselling Tamil Nadu Important Dates 2021
Following are the important events related to the Paramedical Counselling Tamil Nadu 2021 and the dates are yet to be released on the official website of the Health and Welfare Department, Tamil Nadu Government.
|Commencement of Sale of Applications||To be announced|
|Last Date for receipt of filled up applications at the Office of the Selection Committee, Chennai||To be announced|
|Publication of Merit List||To be announced|
|Counseling for Para Medical Courses||To be announced|
Tamil Nadu Paramedical Counselling Process 2021
Tamil Nadu Paramedical Counselling will be the last round of the entire admission process. The officials will issue counseling or call letters to the eligible students. Each candidate needs to carry it along with them during the counseling process. The call letter will be available on the official website and can be downloaded by logging in. The selection committee will conduct the process of seat allotment and document verification. Some of the other essential details about the counseling round are as follows:
- All merit students must appear for the counseling, and if any students fail to do so, their guardian can act as a proxy and take part in the paramedical counseling process.
- If the authorities do not know the reason for the absence of students for counseling, then those students will not be eligible for other admission processes further on.
- The candidates will be given an option to choose the desired course and the college based on their rank at the time of counseling.
- The call letters will be sent by post. However, the official will not take responsibility for not receiving the letter in case the candidate has provided an incorrect address.
- All the students who will be participating in the counseling have to pay a non-refundable amount of Rs. 250 in the form of a demand draft in favor of ” The secretary, selection committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10″.
Eligibility Criteria for Paramedical Counselling Tamil Nadu 2021
All the students must satisfy the eligibility conditions. Candidates failing to do so will not be eligible to submit the application form. If any of the candidates will found to be ineligible at later stages, then the applications of such candidates will get rejected. Further, the eligibility criteria set by the authorities are as follows:
- Nationality - The applicant must be a citizen of Indian.
- Education criteria - The candidates should have passed the class 12 exam with subjects such as Zoology, Physics, Chemistry, and Botany. If the applicant has back or has not cleared any of the subjects, then he/ she will not be eligible for admission.
- Age criteria - The applicant must be 17 years old as on or before 31st December of the academic year.
Paramedical Courses Tamil Nadu 2021
- Courses Available : (Degree)
- B.Sc. (Nursing)
- Post Basic B.Sc (Nursing)
- B.Pharm Lateral Entry
- B.Sc (Radiology & Imaging Technology)
- B.Sc (RT)
- Courses Available : (Diploma)
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Courses Available : (Certificate/Diploma)
Paramedical Tamil Nadu Application Process 2021
The candidates who qualify the set of eligibility criteria shown above will be eligible to apply to Tamil Nadu Paramedical Application Process 2021. Here are the measures and guidelines you will need to follow to complete the application:
- To fill up the application for the candidates must sign in to any of the following websites. The application must be duly filled and submitted. Once submitted, changes will not be allowed. Later, by entering their application number, candidates can track their applications on the official websites.
- Failure to present any document or send any incomplete application will lead to rejection of the application.
- To apply, the candidate’s limbs, vision, and hearing should be normal. It also applies to the candidates applying for Orthopaedically Physically disabled category.
- The candidates should submit a printout of a completed online application form attaching all the necessary documents in A4 size envelope and necessary enclosures.
For Special Category Students
- Students who are children of Ex-Servicemen & Orthopaedic Physically Disabled shall submit the application form in the specified format with an additional fee of INR 100 for each select category. The payment should be made using a Demand Draft or through the Bank Portal.
- If the required certificates are not enclosed in the envelope, the candidates will not be considered for the Special Category but will remain eligible for General Category.
- The Selection Committee will assign the candidate’s AR Number once the application form has been submitted.
- The candidate’s AR number should be mentioned on the top of the envelope.
- The filled-in online application form with the necessary enclosures should be sent to the following address - “The Secretary, Selection Committee, 162, Periyar E.v.r. High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai- 600010.”
Documents Required for Paramedical Counselling Tamil Nadu 2021
All the documents mentioned below are required for the Paramedical Counselling Tamil Nadu 2021:
- The candidate’s Higher Education mark and photocopy certificate of 10 and 12 class examination or its equivalent examination must be submitted.
- A transfer certificate from the previous institution must be submitted.
- The candidate’s Nativity certificate must be submitted.
- A permanent Community Certificate Card (if applicable) must be submitted.
- The candidate seeking Admission against a Special Category seat should submit necessary certificates obtained from an appropriate authority in the prescribed form along with the application to the Selection Committee must be submitted.
- The candidate’s Certificate for proof of study from 6 to 12 classes shall also be submitted.
- H.S.C Hall Ticket must be submitted.
- The candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribe will need to produce a certificate from a competent authority and attach it with the application.
Paramedical Tamil Nadu Selection Process 2021
The candidates will be selected based on merit and entrance test result. The Board will draw a list of eligible students for admission to the Paramedical program in Tamil Nadu. At the time of selection, there are several seats reserved for specific categories. Refer to the ‘Reservation Policy’ section below for more details.
Top Colleges in Tamil Nadu for Paramedical Course 2021 and Fee Structure
Students interested in admission to the top colleges in Tamil Nadu for paramedical courses 2021 can refer to the following table and get updated about the college-wise fee structure and the number of paramedical courses offered by each college:
|Name of the College||Number of Paramedical Courses||Total Fees (INR)|
|Christian Medical College, Vellore||24||14.16 K - 62.64 K|
|Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research
|33||15 K - 72 L|
|Apollo Institute of Hospital Management and Allied Sciences - AIHMAS
|5||8 K - 90 K|
|SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
|20||10 K - 1.5 Cr|
|Chettinad Academy of Research and Education
|SRMIST - SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
|9||1.5 L - 5.1 L|
|Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute, Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education and Research
|8||69 L - 91 L|
|Tamil Nadu Open University - TNOU
Anna Salai, Chennai
|MCC - Madras Christian College
|12||10.2 K - 47.7 K|
- Discontinuation Fee: The candidates who are allotted and joined in any of the seats in Govt. Medical Colleges and discontinue the Paramedical Degree courses after the cut-off date, should pay the Discontinuation Fee of INR 1,00,000 through a Demand Draft in favor of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai – 10” payable at Chennai”
Tamil Nadu Paramedical Counselling Reservation Policy 2021
The seat reservation of Paramedical Counselling Tamil Nadu is done based on different categories of students. The following are the reservation percentages:
|Category of Students||Seat Reservation|
|Backward Class||30% (3.5% for BC Muslims)|
|Most Backward /De-notified Community||20%|
|Scheduled castes Arunthathiyar||16% of 18% SC seats|