AFMC stands for Armed Forces Medical College. AFMC is one of the well-reputed and premier institute for medical sciences in India. AFMC is offering admission for its 4 years B.Sc Nursing courses. Good quality training for undergraduate and postgraduate medical students is assured for those aspiring a career in defence. The admission will be based on written exam and interview conducted by AFMC. Armed Forces Medical College is managed completely by the Indian Armed Forces.
AFMC has successfully produced more than 6500 doctors since 1966 over 46 batches. The alumni of AFMC have been rendering service to the Nation. AFMC Nursing is an exam conducted for various courses in Nursing and is a national level examination.
- About AFMC Nursing Exam
- Courses Offered
- AFMC Nursing 2022 Exam Date
- AFMC Nursing 2022 Eligibility
- AFMC Nursing 2022 Application Form
- AFMC Nursing 2022 Exam Pattern
- AFMC Nursing 2022 Admit Card
- AFMC Nursing 2022 Syllabus
- AFMC Nursing 2022 Result
- AFMC Nursing 2022 Counselling
About AFMC Nursing Exam
Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) provides admission to 130 MBBS seats. Armed Forces Medical College is located in Pune, India. Various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses are provided by the AFMC. Applications are accepted from students willing to enroll for courses like B.sc Nursing and GNM B.Sc Nursing courses. AFMC is currently affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences. It has also been recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) for conducting various undergraduate and post-graduate courses.AFMC is rated as one of the popular medical entrance exams after 12th. The overview of AFMC is as follows:
|Exam Name||Armed Forces Medical College Exam for Nursing|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Total no. Question||180|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
Courses offered through AFMC Nursing 2022
The various nursing courses conducted by the College of Nursing under AFMC Nursing 2022 are mentioned in the table below:
|Basic B.Sc Nursing||40||4 years|
|Post Basic B.Sc nursing||20||2 years|
|M.sc Nursing||10||2 years|
|Post Basic Diploma/ Certification course in Operation Room Nursing||08||2 years|
|Post Basic Diploma/ Certificate course in Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Nursing||06||1 year|
|Post Basic Diploma/ Certificate course in Oncology Nursing||04||1 year|
|Post Basic Diploma/ Certificate course in Cardiothoracic Nursing||04||1 year|
|Post Basic Diploma/ Certificate course in Neonatal Nursing||04||1 year|
AFMC Nursing 2022 Exam Date
It is important for candidates to keep track of the important dates associated with AFMC Nursing 2022. The application for AFMC Nursing 2022 is expected to start from second week of Februaru 2022. The AFMC 2022 Application form was made available on the official website of AFMC.
Admit Card: The admit card for AFMC 2022 admit card is expected to be issued by second week of April 2022 and can be downloaded from AFMC official website.
Important dates for AFMC Nursing 2022 are mentioned below:
|AFMC 2022 Important dates (Tentative)|
|Application start date||Feb 2022|
|Application end date||Mar 2022|
|Admit card release date||Apr 2022|
|AFMC 2022 exam date||Apr 2022|
|Result date||May 2022|
|Counselling date||Jun 2022|
AFMC Nursing 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria defined by the organizing authorities for AFMC Nursing 2022, carefully, to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
- According to AFMC Nursing 2022 Eligibility Criteria, the candidate's age should be between 17 to 25.
- The candidate should have finished 10+2 or have a diploma in General Nursing with an experience of two years. Or must have passed 10th standard with 3 years Diploma in General Nursing Midwifery & have an experience of 5 years in the profession.
- Candidates must have an aggregate of minimum 50% in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates should be an Indian National citizen to apply AFMC Nursing 2022.
To get more information, please visit the AFMC Nursing 2022 Eligibility Criteria section.
AFMC Nursing 2022 Application Form
The AFMC Nursing 2022 application form will be released by Feb 2022 on the AFMC official website by the Armed Forces Medical College.
Documents required for AFMC Nursing 2022 application process are mentioned below:
- 10th Standard Mark Sheet
- 10th Standard Passing Certificate
- 12th Standard Passing Certificate
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet
- Date of Birth Legal Proof
- Official Nationality Certificate
- Official Character Certificate
- Official Category Certificate
- Parent’s Income Proof
The cost of AFMC Nursing 2022 application form is Rs. 750. Candidates were asked to make the application fee payment before the last date of application submission as announced by AFMC authorities. Please visit AFMC Nursing 2022 Application Form section to know more information.
AFMC Nursing 2022 Exam Pattern
It is important for candidates appearing in AFMC Nursing 2022, to go through the exam pattern carefully, in order to understand the exam structure and avoid unwanted mistakes during the attempt.
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Duration of exam||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Total number of questions||180|
Please visit AFMC Nursing 2022 Exam Pattern to know more.
AFMC Nursing 2022 Admit Card
The AFMC Nursing 2022 admit card will be available on the official website from the second week of April 2022. Details like candidates name, age, course applied for, exam centre, and other exam related information and general guidelines will be available on the AFMC Nursing 2022 admit card. Please visit AFMC Nursing 2022 Admit Card section to get more details.
The AFMC Nursing 2022 exam will be held in multiple centres. The centres in which the exam was held are mentioned below:
- Ezhimala (Cannonade)
- Pune and Visakhapatnam
AFMC Nursing 2022 Syllabus
Candidates are advised to go through the given syllabus carefully before attempting the exam. Subjects included in AFMC Nursing 2022 exam syllabus are mentioned below.
- Introduction and Measurement
- Description of Motion in One Dimension
- Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents
- Magnetic Effect of Currents
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
- Electrons and Photons
- Solids and Semiconductor Devices
- Some basic concepts in Chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Chemical energetics
- Chemical bonding
- Redox reactions
- Solid-state Chemistry
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- The s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals)
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- The p-Block Elements
- The d-and f-Block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry
- Purification and characterization of carbon compounds
- Organic compounds with functional groups containing halogens, oxygen, nitrogen
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry in Daily life
- Genetics & Evolutions
- Ecology & Environment
- Biology & Human Welfare
- Comprehension of a written passage.
- Correction of sentences.
- Concepts like word definitions, antonyms, synonyms, analogies, parallel relationships will be covered in this section.
- Your ability in logical and systematically completing a sentence will be tested here
Level: The AFMC Nursing 2022 equals any other competitive nursing exams.
AFMC Nursing 2022 Results
The results of AFMC Nursing 2022 results will be announced on the official website. Candidates will have to log in on the official website by entering their registered Roll number given in the Admit Card and their registered date of birth to check their results.
AFMC Nursing will give out a shortlist of the candidates according to their respective scorecards, will be called by the official authorities for a further round of the interview process. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the result and keep it handy until the admission process is completed.
AFMC Nursing 2022 Counselling
The counselling process will be held only for those candidates who have successfully completed their AFMC 2022 exam. The candidates will be asked to attend an interview round.
- Medical Exam: The Special Medical Board (SMB) will be taking a medical examination of the candidate.
- Date: The counselling dates are yet to be announced by the organizing authorities.
- Eligibility: The only eligibility basis of the counselling process is the marks scored by the candidates in the AFMC Nursing 2022 exam.
What is AFMC?
AFMC stands for Armed Forces Medical College. AFMC Nursing 2021 Exam is conducted to offer admissions in the B.Sc and M.Sc courses in Nursing available at this highly prestigious institute. AFMC is managed and run by the Indian Armed Forces.
Where is AFMC Institute located?
Armed Forces Medical College is located in Pune, Maharashtra.
What are the various courses offered at Armed Forces Medical College?
Upon clearing the AFMC Nursing 2021 exam with minimum required results, the candidates will be eligible to take up admissions in the following courses at Armed Forces Medical College: Basic B.Sc Nursing (4 years), Post Basic B.Sc Nursing (2 years), M.sc Nursing (2 years), Post Basic Diploma/ Certification course in Operation Room Nursing (2 years), Post Basic Diploma/ Certificate course in Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Nursing (1 year), Post Basic Diploma/ Certificate course in Oncology Nursing (1 year), Post Basic Diploma/ Certificate course in Cardiothoracic Nursing (1 year), Post Basic Diploma/ Certificate course in Neonatal Nursing (1 year).
Does AFMC Nursing 2022 have a negative marking?
Yes. 0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong response. +1 mark is awarded for every correct answer.
Is the AFMC Nursing 2022 Exam an Online based or Offline based Examination?
The exam is set to be conducted in Offline mode i.e pen and paper-based.
What is the question paper pattern for the AFMC 2022 Exam?
Duration of examination is 1 hour 30 minutes. The question paper will consist of 200 Multiple Choice Questions and the medium of Examination is English.
What are the centers for AFMC Nursing 2022?
The exam centers for AFMC Nursing are Agra, Ambala, Bangalore, Barrackpore, Bhopal, Chandimandir, Coimbatore, Danapur, Dehradun, Chennai, Guwahati, Jalandhar, Delhi, Jammu, Jaipur, Jabalpur, Kochi, Jhansi, Jammu, Kirkee, Kochi, Kolkata, Meerut, Mumbai, Kanpur, Lucknow, Namkum, Secunderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Ezhimala (Cannonade), Pune and Visakhapatnam. The exam centers are likely to change.