AFMC stands for Armed Forces Medical College. AFMC is one of the well-reputed and Premier Institute for Medical Sciences in India. AFMC is offering admission for its 4 years B.Sc Nursing courses. Good quality training for undergraduate and postgraduate medical students is assured for those aspiring a career in defence. The admission will be based on written exam and interview conducted by AFMC. Armed Forces Medical College is managed completely by the Indian Armed Forces.
Armed Forces Medical College is located in Pune, India. Various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses are provided by the AMFC. Applications are accepted from students willing to enrol for courses like B.sc Nursing and GNM B.Sc Nursing courses. AFMC is currently affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences. It has also been recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) for conducting various undergraduate and post-graduate courses.
AFMC has successfully produced more than 6500 doctors since 1966 over 46 batches. The alumni of AFMC have been rendering yeoman service to the Nation. AFMC Nursing is an exam conducted for various courses in Nursing and is a national level examination.
- What is AFMC Nursing Exam?
- Courses Offered
- AFMC Nursing 2020 Exam Date
- AFMC Nursing 2020 Eligibility
- AFMC Nursing 2020 Application Form
- AFMC Nursing 2020 Exam Pattern
- AFMC Nursing 2020 Admit Card
- AFMC Nursing 2020 Syllabus
- AFMC Nursing 2020 Result
- AFMC Nursing 2020 Counselling
What is AFMC Nursing Exam?
Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) provides admission to 130 MBBS seats. AFMC is rated as one of the popular medical entrance exams after 12th. The overview of AFMC is as follows:
|Exam Name||Armed Forces Medical College Exam for Nursing|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Total no. Question||180|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
Courses offered through AFMC Nursing 2020
The various nursing courses conducted by the College of Nursing under AFMC Nursing 2020 are mentioned in the table below:
|Basic B.Sc Nursing||40||4 years|
|Post Basic B.Sc nursing||20||2 years|
|M.sc Nursing||10||2 years|
|Post Basic Diploma/ Certification course in Operation Room Nursing||08||2 years|
|Post Basic Diploma/ Certificate course in Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Nursing||06||1 year|
|Post Basic Diploma/ Certificate course in Oncology Nursing||04||1 year|
|Post Basic Diploma/ Certificate course in Cardiothoracic Nursing||04||1 year|
|Post Basic Diploma/ Certificate course in Neonatal Nursing||04||1 year|
AFMC Nursing 2020 Exam Date
The application for AFMC Nursing 2020 will start from November 14, 2019. The candidates are expected to finish their application process by December 2, 2019. The AFMC 2020 Application form will be available on the official website of AFMC.
Admit Card: The admit card for AFMC 2020 will be issued on March 20, 2020 and can be downloaded from AFMC official website. The AFMC dates mentioned are tentative and it will be updated soon after announced officialy.
AFMC Nursing 2020 Eligibility Criteria
According to AFMC Nursing 2020 Eligibility Criteria, the candidate's age should be from 17 to 25. The candidate should have finished 10+2 or have a diploma in General Nursing with an experience of two years. Or must have passed 10th standard with 3 years Diploma in General Nursing Midwifery & have an experience of 5 years in the profession.
Candidates must have an aggregate of minimum 50% in the qualifying examination. Candidates should be an Indian National citizen to apply AFMC Nursing 2020. To get more information, please visit the AFMC Nursing 2020 Eligibility Criteria section.
AFMC Nursing 2020 Application Form
The AFMC Nursing 2020 Application Form will be released on November 14, 2019 on the AFMC official website by the Armed Forces Medical College i.e. www.afmc.nic.in.
The cost of AFMC Nursing 2020 application form is Rs.150. The payment should be done online before December 2, 2019. Please visit AFMC Nursing 2020 Application Form section to know more information.
AFMC Nursing 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode of exam: The AFMC Nursing 2020 test will be an offline test in the format of Objective Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's).
- Duration: The duration of AFMC Nursing 2020 test will be 1hr and 30 mins for 180 questions. Please visit AFMC Nursing 2020 Exam Pattern to know more.
AFMC Nursing 2020 Admit Card
- Availability: The AFMC Nursing 2020 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website of AFMC by the candidates who have successfully submitted the AFMCNursing 2020 Application Form.
- Credentials: Details like candidates name, age, course applied for, exam centre, and other exam related information and general guidelines will be available on the AFMC Nursing 2020 Admit Card. Please visit AFMC Nursing 2020 Admit Card section to get more details.
AFMC Nursing 2020 Syllabus
- Subjects: Subjects included in AFMC Nursing 2020 exam syllabus includes Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English, and General Intelligence.
- Level: The AFMC Nursing 2020 equals any other competitive nursing exams.
AFMC Nursing 2020 Results
- Declaration: The results of AFMC Nursing 2020 results will be announced on the official website on May 20, 2020.
- Credentials: The details that are required by the candidates to check the results is their date of birth and the AMFC 2020 Roll Number.
AFMC Nursing 2020 Counselling
- Commencement: The counselling process will be held only for those candidates who have successfully completed their AFMC 2020 exam. The candidates will be asked to attend an interview round.
- Medical Exam: The Special Medical Board(SMB) will be taking a medical examination of the candidate.
- Date: The process of counselling will commence from June 1, 2020.
- Eligibility: The only eligibility basis of the counselling process is the marks scored by the candidates in the AFMC Nursing 2020 exam.