NMMS Scholarship 2022
NMMS scholarship is awarded for students who are pursuing secondary level education, i.e., 8th. As the dropout rate in secondary school was so high, the government had taken the NMMS exam initiative to encourage students to study and pursue their education with their NMMS scholarship.
- 5th Nov to 18th Dec: NMMS exam dates are now state-wise out.
- 4th Oct 2022: The last date to apply for NMMS Haryana
- 7th Oct 2022: The last date to apply for NMMS Jammu and Kashmir
Table of Contents
- NMMS Scholarship Details
- NMMS Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- NMMS Scholarship Scheme Framework
- NMMS Scholarship Renewal
|Top Olympiads in India|
|SOF Olympiad Exams|
NMMS Scholarship Details
Students eligible for the NMMS scholarship are called NMMS scholars. NMMS scholars are awarded an INR 1000 per month or a lump sum amount of INR 12,000 a year. To avail of the scholarship, students must have a bank account in which the amount will be credited.
The award will be paid via the student's joint account, preferably State Bank of India, and other bank accounts are also accepted. The state branches will coordinate with the State Education Department for the payment of scholarships.
Here are the highlights of the NMMS scholarship 2022.
|Eligible Classes||9 to 8|
|NMMS Scholarship Amount (per annum)||INR 12,000|
|NMMS Scholarship Amount (per month)||INR 1,000|
|Scholarship Duration||Up to 4 years|
|Frequency of Scholarship Renewal||Every year|
NMMS Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The NMMS scholars should get a promotion from class 8th to class 9th with a minimum of 55% marks to be eligible for starting the NMMS scholarship. The NMMS scholarship at the secondary and higher secondary stage will be available for students for a maximum period of four years for studies in India only.
The NMMS scholarship will be continued for students of classes 10 and 12 only if they get a clear promotion in their first attempt with a minimum of 55% marks in all the subjects. Besides, there is a relaxation of 5% for students from the SC/ST category.
To qualify for an NMMS scholarship, students should satisfy the below eligibility criteria.
- Students must take up studies in approved courses.
- Students should be certified by the head/principal of the institution that they maintain proper moral conduct.
- Students should take up exams on a whole-time basis.
- Students do not take up any job during an academic session.
- The NMMS scholarship will not be available for courses abroad.
- No NMMS scholarship shall be paid to the students if any awardee leaves the course of study within one month of registration or admission.
- The awardee must join the next class or desired course within three months of the previous class results declaration.
- The NMMS scholarship shall be deemed to be discontinued any gap of one academic session in studies at any time due to any reason.
- Once discontinued, the NMMS scholarship based on the disbursement rules of learning cannot be revived under any circumstances.
NMMS Scholarship Scheme Framework
The NMMS scheme will be monitored in the department at regular intervals with the concerned stakeholders; the guidelines and NMMS scholarship status are available for students in the NMMS scholarship portal. The scheme may be reviewed after three years.
Given below are the frameworks set by MHRD.
- Even though it is a central scheme, NMMS scholarships are regulated by the respective state and Union Territories (UT) authorities.
- Each state and union territory conducts its scholarship exam for the NMMS scheme.
- Under the NMMS scheme, the state-level exam consists of the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- NMMS exam applicants must qualify for the MAT and SAT exams with a 40% score for the general category and 32% for the reserved category.
- The student pursuing education in India are only eligible for the NMMS scholarship.
- The central government issues 100% of funds for the NMMS scholarship.
- Students from classes 9 to 10 can apply under the pre-matric scholarship category, and student from classes 11 and 12 can apply under the post-matric scholarship category.
- For new/fresh NMMS scholarships and renewals, an applicant must apply as a fresh candidate.
- Only two applications can be applied from one mobile for the pre-matric NMMS scholarship (classes 9 and 10).
- Only one application can be applied from one mobile for the post-matric NMMS scholarship (classes 11 and 12).
NMMS Scholarship Renewal
NMMS scholarships can be availed up to 4 years till their 12th standard. Students must satisfy all the eligibility criteria and the rules for continuing the NMMS scholarship through the entire scholarship period.
The procedure to renew the NMMS scholarship in classes 10 and 12 are:
- The students should have passed class 9 or 11 in the first attempt with a minimum of 55% marks (relaxation of 5% for reserved category).
- To continue with the scholarship at the higher secondary stage, students must score at least 60% in the class 10 examination.
Note: Students can check their NMMS exam results and steps to view and download their individual results.
|Other Related Olympiads in India|
|CREST Reasoning Olympiad||International Life Skills Olympiad|
|Humming Bird Aptitude & Reasoning Olympiad||International Reasoning and Mental Ability Olympiad|
|Unicus Critical Thinking Olympiad||NTSE|
List of other popular olympiads for the 7th class students.
For more details, visit our Olympiad Exam Directory.
Asked By: Anonymous 06 Feb 2021
NMMS scholars will be offered INR 1000 per month for a maximum period of four years. The eligibility to avail the NMMS scholarships are,
- General category students must have secured a minimum of 40% marks in MAT and SAT sections separately.
- Students from the reserved category should score a minimum of 32% of marks in each section, i.e., MAT and SAT.
- The student must be pursuing their school education in India.
Answer By: Vishag
08 Feb 2021