NMMS Registration 2022
NMMS exams will be held offline or in pen and paper mode in November and December in all states/UTs. Students who plan to write the NMMS exam will have to keep an eye on their NMMS state official website for any major updates on the NMMS registration details.
- 5th Nov to 18th Dec: NMMS exam dates are now state-wise out.
- 4th Oct 2022: The last date to apply for NMMS Haryana
- 7th Oct 2022: The last date to apply for NMMS Jammu and Kashmir
Table of Contents
- NMMS Registration Process
- Documents to be Submitted for NMMS Registration
- NMMS State-wise Registration Dates
- NMMS Exam Eligibility Criteria
|Top Olympiads in India|
|SOF Olympiad Exams|
NMMS Registration Process
NMMS registration can be processed under two different modes, i.e., online and offline. For online registration, students can apply through the NSP official website.
After applying for the exam, students can manage their time and work to achieve their desired exam scores. During the application process, the students must apply if they are eligible according to the NMMS scholarship conditions. The students can apply for the exam through NSP.
Here are the highlights of NMMS registration 2022 and the conducting body.
|Section||NMMS application form|
|Examination level||National Level|
|Award||INR 12,000 per annum|
|Application process||Through the official government portal NSP|
|Registration fee||INR 100 per student and INR 200 affiliation fee for institutions|
|NMMS exam date (may vary for some states)||November 2022|
|Defective verification||To be announced|
|Institution verification||To be announced|
NMMS Offline Registration Process
For offline mode, students can contact their respective school coordinator or headmaster for the registration process.
Below mentioned are the steps to apply for the NMMS exam in offline mode.
- Get the NMMS registration/application from the respective teacher-in-charge, headmaster, or principal.
- Take a copy of the NMMS application form and carefully fill in all the required details in capital letters under the teacher-in-charge guidance.
- Attach the attested copies of the state domicile certificate, caste certificate, income proof, mark sheets, and submit the NMMS form to the school's head.
NMMS Online Registration Through NSP
The students can apply for the different scholarships under the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMS). The detailed steps to fill NMMS online application and other various scholarship schemes are mentioned below:
Here is the step-by-step registration guideline to help students complete their NMMS exam 2022 application form without difficulty.
Step 1: First, candidates need to register on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) as a new user by filling in all the necessary details. Students have to choose a "New Registration" and sign up; the old users can log in on the portal.
Step 2: The students have to provide relevant information in the NMMS online form. The candidate must fill in the required details such as personal details, address book, bank details, and governmental identity number. Once they have registered, students should note the application id for future reference.
Step 3: After getting the application Id, land on the home page and click on login to apply for the detailed application form. Upon successful registration, it is necessary to change the password if login is done for the first time.
Step 4: As the applicant logins, an OTP will be sent to their registered mobile number. After verifying the OTP, the applicant is redirected to a page where the password should be changed. Once the student changes the password, they will be directed to the applicant's dashboard page.
Step 5: Information like educational qualifications, Aadhaar number, school enrollment number, bank details, the state domicile, etc., are required to be filled by the candidate during NMMS registration.
Step 6: The original id of the candidate is generated after registering on NSP. This application id is used as 'Login ID' on NSP and for future references.
Step 7: The applicant studying in class 9th and 10th needs to apply under the pre-matric scholarship category. The candidate studying in class 11th and 12th needs to apply under the post-matric scholarship category.
Step 8: The applicant must be conscientious while filling in details like the applicant's name, date of birth, email id, and mobile number.
Step 9: Students must upload all the necessary documents and save the details as a draft.
Step 10: After ensuring that all the information is correct and appropriate in the NMMS exam application, the students must finally submit the completed application form.
Note: Students can view their NMMS application status anytime in the NSP portal through their application id and password.
NMMS Application Fee
NMMS application fees may vary depending on the state. Most of the states don't charge any application fee for the NMMS exam. But in some states, students may submit an application fee of up to INR 200 (if applicable).
After successfully completing the registration process, the candidates need to pay an application fee, as mentioned below.
Note: The table above shows the NMMS application fees in most states. There may be fee concessions for some states.
Documents to be Submitted for NMMS Registration
Students need to attach copies of relevant documents while filling the NMMS application form. The documents that should be submitted need to be attested by the parents and the school headmaster.
The documents that must be attached are,
- State Domicile Certificate
- Two passport Size
- Community Certificate
- Copy of Report Card
- Income Certificate (Annual income should be INR 1.5 Lakh per annum or less from all the sources)
- Disability Status Certificate from the Competent Authority (if applicable)
The details that are to be submitted should be the same as in the school certificates. In case of any incorrect information, the student's application form may be discarded.
The details that are to be filled in are,
- Student Name
- Email id and Mobile Number
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Scholarship Category
- Bank Account Details
- Aadhaar number
NMMS Exam Eligibility Criteria
Under a decentralised scheme, each State/UT conducts a separate test to select students who will be given a scholarship.
Students are selected based on the following conditions:
Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- MAT test examines aspirants' reasoning abilities and critical thinking through 90 MCQs (Multiple-Choice Questions).
- The majority of the questions may be based on topics like analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figures, etc.
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) consists of 90 MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions).
- The Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) syllabus covers the subjects of science, social studies, and mathematics as per the syllabus of classes 7 and 8.
Note: Each test will be of 90 minutes duration.
Students have to clear the following criteria to get selected:
- They have to score a minimum of 40% in aggregate in both the test, i.e., MAT and SAT. There is an 8% relaxation for students from SC/ST category.
- The student must have scored at least 55% mark or equivalent grade in the class 8th examination at the time of selection. There will be a 5% relaxation for SC/ST students.
Students must look out for their NMMS admit cards on the official state website for the same. Students selected for the NMMS scholarship will be awarded cash directly to their bank account once the NMMS results are declared.
|Other Related Olympiads in India|
|CREST Reasoning Olympiad||International Life Skills Olympiad|
|Humming Bird Aptitude & Reasoning Olympiad||International Reasoning and Mental Ability Olympiad|
|Unicus Critical Thinking Olympiad||NTSE|
List of other popular olympiads for the 7th class students.
For more details, visit our Olympiad Exam Directory.
Asked By: Anonymous 06 Feb 2021
NMMS scholars will be offered INR 1000 per month for a maximum period of four years. The eligibility to avail the NMMS scholarships are,
- General category students must have secured a minimum of 40% marks in MAT and SAT sections separately.
- Students from the reserved category should score a minimum of 32% of marks in each section, i.e., MAT and SAT.
- The student must be pursuing their school education in India.
Answer By: Vishag
08 Feb 2021