Are you a resident of the state of West Bengal who is interested to educate the future of the country? You can pursue this interest by becoming an educator with the state education board of West Bengal. Apply now to take the West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test (WBTET). WBTET is a state level examination conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based). The exam is conducted to recruit aspiring candidates into the posts of teachers in various schools across the state of West Bengal. All information regarding WBTET 2021, is mentioned in the article.
- What is the WBTET 2021 Exam?
- WBTET 2021 Exam Date
- WBTET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- WBTET 2021 Application Form
- WBTET 2021 Exam Pattern
- WBTET 2021 Syllabus
- WBTET 2021 Admit Card
- WBTET 2021 Results
- WBTET 2021 Answer key
- WBTET 2021 Reference Books
- WBTET 2021 Contact Details
What is the WBTET 2021 Exam?
WBTET stands for West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test. It is conducted by the West Bengal Board of Primary Education under the guidelines of the National Council for Teachers’ Education (NCTE). The exam will be conducted in Offline mode (Pen and Paper- Based) WBTET consists of 2 papers, Paper 1 is for candidates who are willing to teach for classes I-V and Paper 2 for candidates who are willing to teach for upper primary classes. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes and consists of 150 multiple-choice questions. The candidates who are willing to become a primary teacher in any of the government-aided or Non-aided schools of West Bengal can apply for the WBTET exam. B. Ed qualified candidates are also eligible for the WBTET exam to be appointed as a teacher in the schools which are administered by the government and private management in West Bengal.
Exam Fee: For General/OBC Categories the examination fee is INR 100, while for SC/ST Categories they have to pay INR 50.
|Exam name||West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Board of Primary Education|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Type of Exam||Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Duration of Exam||90 minutes|
WBTET 2021 Exam Date
The last WBTET was conducted in 2017. Applicants are advised to go through the important dates associated with the WBTET 2021 carefully. The WBTET 2021 exam dates are mentioned below:
|WBTET Application Start Date||Mar 9, 2021|
|WBTET Application End Date||Apr 7, 2021|
|WBTET Admit Card Release||First week of April, 2021|
|WBTET Exam Date||Third week of April, 2021|
|WBTET Result Date||To be announced|
WBTET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are willing to appear for the WBTET 2021 need to make sure that they satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
Eligibility Criteria for Primary Teachers (Class I-IV)
Candidates who aspire to attend the WBTET 2021 Exam need to satisfy any one of the following criteria
- Minimum of 50% marks in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent 10+2) and a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education(D.El.Ed).
- Minimum of 50% marks in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent 10+2) and 4 years Bachelor in Elementary Education(B.El.Ed).
- 50% marks or higher in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent 10+2) and having Diploma in Education (Special Education), recognised by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI).
- Graduation and a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
Note: Relaxation of 5% of marks in Higher Secondary (or its equivalent examination 10+2) that is 45%, will be allowed for the SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PH, Exempted Category, ex-serviceman and DH (Death-in-harness) category candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for Upper Primary Teachers (Class VI-VII)
- BSc/BA or equivalent education.
- Minimum of 50% marks in BEd/Secondary education exam.
- Qualified for the final four years in Bachelor in Elementary Education.
- Appearing in final two years BSc/ BA/ Diploma in Education and clear the exam with a minimum of 45% marks.
WBTET 2021 Application Form
Candidates must visit the official website at http://www.wbbpe.org/ and fill in the WBTET 2021 application form after making sure they meet the eligibility criteria for the test they are interested in. Candidates have to enter their details to register.
Steps to access WBTET 2021 application form
- Visit the official website
- Login using the credentials.
- Click on the link for the application form.
- Fill in the application form carefully with all relevant details.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Cross-check for the correctness of information provided by you.
- Submit the application.
The WBTET 2021 Application fee details are:
After successfully filling the application form and paying the fee, the candidates must take a printout for future reference. The candidates must take a printout of the admit card when made available which contains the aspirant’s name, photograph, signature, roll number, and test center details.
Candidates are required to reach their exam centers well in advance on the exam day. The test comprises 150 multiple choice questions and a time limit of 90 minutes.
The notification of the declaration of results will be published on the official website. Candidates must click on it and enter their roll number and date of birth to view the results.
WBTET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates are required to reach their exam centers well in advance on the exam day. The test comprises 150 multiple choice questions and a time limit of 90 minutes. The WBTET 2021 exam pattern is as follows:
|Section||Contents||No. of Questions||Question Nos|
|I||Child Development & Pedagogy||30||1||30|
|II||Languages||For Language I||For Language II|
|Bengali||Select any two- First Language and Second Language||30||31||60||61||90|
|III||III(a) Mathematics & Science (OR) III(b) Social Studies||60||91||150|
The candidate must attempt all sections. Each question carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking for incorrect responses.
WBTET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for the upcoming WBTET 2021 examination has not yet been released. But it should be similar to the previous year syllabus which is as follows:
Child Development and Pedagogy
- Meaning, need and area of child development, stages of child development; physical, mental, emotional and language development, development of expression and creativity.
- Child development and factors affecting them.
- The meaning and principles of learning: Factors affecting the meaning of learning, effective methods of learning and rules of learning.
- Principles of learning and their practical usefulness in education, Thorndike’s theory of error, Kohler’s theory of insight, Vygotsky’s theory of learning curve, Pathan’s meaning in learning and reason.
- Teaching and teaching methods: The purpose of teaching, communication, principles, formulas, techniques, new methods of teaching and microteaching.
- Focus on children at primary level.
- Concept, principles and stages of child development.
- Physical, cognitive, social, emotional and moral development in childhood and their characteristics.
- Heredity and environment influence in understanding the child.
- Numbers and the addition, subtraction, multiplication & division.
- Minimum & Maximum.
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication & division of factors.
- Decimal- addition, subtraction, multiplication & division.
- Unitary rule.
- Profit & Loss.
- Simple Interest.
- Geometry and different shapes.
- Volume - cube, sphere & Area of various shapes.
- Sentences- Topics and predictions, types of sentences.
- Parts of speech.
- Word formation.
- Active & Passive voice.
- Singular/ Plural.
- Food, health & hygiene.
- Plants & Animals.
- Individuals and businesses associated with local professions.
- Traffic & Communication.
- India- Rivers, plateaus, forests, continents and oceans.
- Game & Game spirit.
- Environment- Requirement and protection.
WB TET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for WB TET 2021 will be released on the official website, tentatively on May 1, 2021. The candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to download the admit card:
- Go to the official website.
- Find and click on 'Download my TET 2017 Admit Card' link.
- Enter your login credentials and submit, to proceed further.
- The candidates will now be able to download and take print outs of their WB TET admit cards.
WBTET 2021 Results
The results for the WBTET 2021 will be announced on the official website only. Candidates will not be receiving the scorecard through any other means.
How to download the WBTET 2021 Results?
To check the WBTET 2021 results, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website at www.wbbpe.org
- Click on the notification stating the declaration of results.
- Provide details such as your roll number & date of birth to view the result.
- You can click on the download button to save the result for future reference.
Note: The certificate received after successfully clearing the West Bengal Teacher Eligibility Test is valid for 7 years from the date of announcement of results.
WBTET 2021 Merit List
The candidates who score high marks will be listed on the WBTET 2021 merit list which will be published on the website a few days after the results have been declared.
WBTET 2021 Answer Key
The WBTET 2021 answer key for the various sets of question papers provided in the exam is uploaded on the official website about 6-7 days after the date of the examination. Candidates can compare the answer keys with their answers to arrive at the possible score. Candidates can follow the steps given below to download the answer keys.
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: In the notification section click on the "Answer key" Link.
Step 3: View the PDF and download it.
Step 4: Take a printout.
WBTET 2021 Selection Criteria
The parameters by which candidates will be scored to fill the teaching vacancies in WBTET 2021 Recruitment is as follows:
|40% of marks obtained in the WBTET exam||60|
WBTET 2021 Reference Books
Applicants should carefully select the study material to prepare for WBTET 2021. The reference books used to prepare for WBTET 2021 are mentioned in the table below:
|Book Title||Author/ Publisher|
|West Bengal Teachers’ Eligibility Test for Class I-V Primary Section||Sumana Chakraborti/ Diamond Power Learning Publisher|
|West Bengal Teachers’ Eligibility Test for Class VI-VII (Science & Maths)||Sumana Chakraborti/ Diamond Power Learning Publisher|
|WBTET Primary School Teacher Examination||Arihant Publisher|
Contact Details for WBTET 2021
Official Website: www.wbbpe.org
Address of West Bengal Board of Primary Education: DDK 7/1, Sector-II, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
Phone Number: +91 33-2334-8983
Fax: +91 33-2321-1202
Is WBTET an online exam?
No, WBTET is conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based)
What is the eligibility criteria of WBTET for primary teachers?
Eligibility criteria for primary teachers : Minimum of 50% marks in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent 10+2) and a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education(D.El.Ed). Minimum of 50% marks in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent 10+2) and 4 years Bachelor in Elementary Education(B.El.Ed). 50% marks or higher in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent 10+2) and having Diploma in Education (Special Education), recognised by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI). Graduation and a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
What is the eligibility criteria of WBTET for higher primary teachers?
Eligibility criteria for upper primary teachers : BSc/BA or equivalent education. Minimum of 50% marks in BEd/Secondary education exam. Qualified for the final four years in Bachelor in Elementary Education. Appearing in final two years BSc/ BA/ Diploma in Education and clear the exam with a minimum of 45% marks.
What is the application fee of WBTET?
Application fee for candidates belonging to General Category and OBC is INR 100 and for candidates belonging to SC/ST it is INR 25.