GBPUAT 2023 exam notification will be released soon by Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology on the official website. Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPUAT) is responsible for conducting the Pantnagar University entrance exam.
The university selects the students based on merit for various undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral courses. The government of India has collaborated with Agricultural Universities in the USA to set up the UP Agricultural University.
Latest Updates on GBPUAT
- Nov 10, 2022: GBPUAT 2023 official notification will be released soon. Read More
Table of Contents
- About GBPUAT Exam
- GBPUAT 2023 Exam Date
- GBPUAT 2023 Eligibility
- GBPUAT 2023 Application Form
- GBPUAT 2023 Admit Card
- GBPUAT 2023 Exam Centre
- GBPUAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- GBPUAT 2023 Syllabus
- GBPUAT 2023 Result
- GBPUAT 2023 Merit List
- GBPUAT 2023 Cut Off
- GBPUAT 2023 Counselling
- GBPUAT 2023 Admission Process
- GBPUAT 2023 Contact Details
About GBPUAT Exam
Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology will soon release the GBPUAT 2023 official notification.
Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPUAT) is a residential university established in 1960 in Uttarakhand, India. The university offers aspiring candidates B.Tech, B.Sc, M.Tech, M.Sc, MBA, MCA, and Ph.D. courses.
It was the first Agricultural University in India, and later it was renamed Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology to honor Pt. Govind Ballabh Pant. GBPUAT is organized every year for interested applicants.
Candidates must go through all the required information about GBPUAT 2023 exam before moving forward with the application.
|Exam Name||GBPUAT Exam|
|Full Form||Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduation, and Doctoral|
|Conducting Body||Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a Year|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper (Offline)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours (10 AM to 1 PM)|
Guidelines for GBPUAT 2023 Offline Exam
There are a few predefined sets of guidelines given out by the official authorities responsible for organizing GBPUAT 2023. Candidates must remember the points mentioned below before appearing for the offline examination.
- Candidates must maintain social distancing while visiting GBPUAT 2023 exam centre.
- Wearing a mask and carrying a bottle of hand sanitizer is mandatory for all the applicants appearing for GBPUAT 2023 exam.
- Keep a transparent water bottle.
- Candidates will be checked for the temperature at GBPUAT exam centre. In case the temperature of the candidate is more than acceptable, they will have to sit in an isolation room.
Courses Offered Through GBPUAT 2023 Exam
Several courses are offered to the candidates who are willing to take GBPUAT 2023 entrance exam. The candidates can select the course of their choice and move forward with the admission procedure. The list of UG and PG courses offered by GBPUAT is given below.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Agriculture (Hons.)
- B.Sc (Hons) in Community Science
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science
- B.Sc Food Technology
- Masters of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Masters in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
The university also offers admission to these courses based on the scores obtained by the candidates in the national-level entrance exam.
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) based on GATE scores
- Bachelor of Engineering and Technology (BE/ B.Tech) based on JEE Main scores
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) based on CAT and CMAT scores.
GBPUAT 2023 Exam Dates
GBPUAT 2023 application form will be released on the official website by the conducting body. Mentioned below are the GBPUAT 2023 important dates so that the aspiring candidates who wish to have a look at the dates can check them out.
GBPUAT 2023 Application Form Dates
GBPUAT will announce the exam dates for registration of different courses offered by the university. Dates for registration for undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs are different and can be done online only.
The dates on which the official registrations will be conducted for GBPUAT, and the dates for the correction window are mentioned in the table below.
|Online Application Form Release for Undergraduate, Masters, MCA, and Ph.D Programs||To be announced|
|Online Application Form Release for M.Tech & Sponsored Candidates for Masters’, M.Tech. and Ph.D. Programs||To be announced|
|Last Date to Fill Online Application Form for Undergraduate, Masters, MCA and Ph.D Programs||To be announced|
|Last Date to Fill Online Application Form for M.Tech & Sponsored Candidates for Masters’, M.Tech. and Ph.D. Programs||To be announced|
|Online Application Form Edit/ Correction Window||To be announced|
|Release Date for GBPUAT 2023 Admit Card||To be announced|
GBPUAT 2023 Exam Dates
Aspiring candidates must keep track of the important dates associated with GBPUAT 2023 exam given out by the official authorities. After GBPUAT 2023 registration process, candidates must move forward with the next step in the admission process. The important dates associated with GBPUAT 2023 are given below.
|GBPUAT 2023 Exam Date for Masters and Ph.D. Programs||To be announced|
|GBPUAT 2023 Exam Date for Undergraduate and MCA Programs||To be announced|
|GBPUAT 2023 Exam Results||To be announced|
GBPUAT 2023 Counselling Dates
The official authorities will announce theGBPUAT 2023 counseling dates for different courses on the official website. The merit list for the admissions will be released on the official website of GBPUAT by the organizing authorities.
The merit list will be released after verifying all the required documents submitted by the applicants. GBPUAT 2023 dates for all the rounds of counselling will be updated in the table below after the official announcement.
|GBPUAT 2023 Counselling Round 1||To be announced|
|GBPUAT 2023 Counselling Registration for Round 1||To be announced|
|Last Date to Register for GBPUAT 2023 Counselling Round 1||To be announced|
|GBPUAT 2023 Counselling Round 2||To be announced|
|GBPUAT 2023 Counselling Round 3||To be announced|
GBPUAT 2023 Eligibility
Applicants are advised to go through the pre-defined eligibility criteria for GBPUAT 2023 before moving forward with the application. Candidates who qualify the eligibility conditions determined by the official authorites at GBPUAT will be allowed to move forward with the admission procedure.
The eligibility criteria include conditions for educational qualification, age limit, reservation, domicile, and nationality. Before applying for the exam, candidates will be asked to ensure that they are meeting all the requirements as specified by the univesity. In case the candidates do not satisfy any of the eligibility, the exam authority have the right to cancel their application at any stage of the admission process. Depending on the course, the eligibility criteria might vary.
GBPUAT 2023 Educational Qualification
It is important to know about the academic eligibility criteria of the courses to apply for any exam.
- The exam conducted by JNU, New Delhi is the eligibility entrance test for the Master's program in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. Interested candidates must visit the JNU, New Delhi official website for application forms. Candidates from other states who aspire to pursue Ph.D programs in Agronomy and Plant Pathology must take ICAR entrance exam.
- For admission into Masters' programs in MBA/ MBA (Agribusiness), candidates must take CAT or CMAT exam. Further, there may be rounds like Group Discussion and Interview for selection.
- The admission into M.Tech programs will be through GATE exam. Depending on the specialization the student aspires to study, they must choose the subject in GATE exam.
- All vacant seats will be filled based on OGPA/ percentage (%) of marks of B.Tech. The candidate should have secured at least a minimum OGPA of not less than 6.000/ 10.000 or 3.000/ 5.000. In terms of percentage of marks, a candidate must have scored at least 55% marks in aggregate.
|Master's in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology||JNU New Delhi Entrance Exam|
|Ph.D Programs in Agronomy and Plant Pathology||ICAR|
|MBA/ MBA (Agribusiness)||CAT/ CMAT|
GBPUAT 2023 Nationality
- As per GBPUAT pre-defined eligibility criteria, the candidate must be an Indian citizen to apply for admission.
GBPUAT 2023 Age Limit
The age limits for admission to different courses are as follows.
- All UG Courses Except Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry: 2 years and 3 years age relaxation given to SC and ST categories, respectively.
- BV.Sc and AH: The minimum age limit is 17 years and, the maximum age limit is 25 years as on or before Dec 31, 2023. Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC categories are given age relaxation for up to 5 years.
Note: Candidates should have studied relevant subjects at an undergraduate level such as Bachelor of Science/ Agriculture/ Animal Husbandry/ Technology/ Horticulture/ Agri-Marketing/ Forestry/ Fisheries/ Biology/ Chemistry/ Physic/ Mathematics/ Botany/ Zoology/ Sericulture, etc.
GBPUAT 2023 Application Form
GBPUAT 2023 application forms will be released on the university's website for undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs. The application fee for GBPUAT 2023 has been determined by the official authorities responsible for organizing the exam.
Steps to Apply for GBPUAT 2023
Candidates must visit the official website of Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology (GBPUAT) to apply for their desired course. Eligible candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to apply for GBPUAT exam 2023 successfully.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of GBPUAT.
- Step 2: On the 'Home' page, click on the 'Apply for' link for the respective course.
- Step 3: Click on the 'Candidate Registration' option if registering for the first time. Else, click on the 'Candidate Login' option if already registered.
- Step 4: Fill in all the required credentials and click on the respective options.
- Step 5: Upload all the required documents in the specified size and format.
- Step 6: Pay GBPUAT 2023 application fees.
- Step 7: Check all the details entered and click on the 'Submit' button. Download GBPUAT 2023 application form.
- Step 8: Take a printout of the same for future reference.
GBPUAT 2023 Application Fees
The application fee for GBPUAT has been determined by the official authority responsible for organizing GBPUAT 2023 exam. The application fee for each category is tabulated below.
|General/ OBC||INR 1200|
|SC/ ST/ PH||INR 600|
Modes of GBPUAT 2023 Application Fee Payment
Candidates can use any of these methods to pay GBPUAT 2023 application fee.
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Internet Banking.
Documents Required for GBPUAT 2023 Admission Process
Candidates must submit a few official documents during the admission process for GBPUAT. The submission of the following documents will be mandatory as per GBPUAT 2023 exam guidelines.
- A printout of the confirmation page of GBPUAT 2023 application form.
- One copy of the online GBPUAT application fee receipt.
- A self-attested copy of the category certificate (if applicable).
- A self-attested copy of the certificate/ mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
GBPUAT 2023 Application Fee Refund
Candidates who do not prefer the new model of the admission process will be allowed to withdraw their candidature online by logging in with their user ID and password. After verifying the candidate's credentials, the entire GBPUAT 2023 application fee will be refunded.
Applicants who will withdraw their application will not be allowed to apply again for admission to any program for GBPUAT academic session 2023. After the last date, no candidates can withdraw their candidature and be assumed to participate in the admission process.
GBPUAT 2023 Admit Card
After completing GBPUAT registration process, candidates will be able to download GBPUAT 2023 admit card from the official website. Applicants are advised to go through the information and exam instructions provided on the issued GBPUAT admit card carefully.
Steps to Download GBPUAT 2023 Admit Card
Candidates can follow the steps below to download GBPUAT 2023 admit card.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of GBPUAT and click on the 'Admit Card' link shown on the homepage.
- Step 2: Once the link is opened, enter the required credentials. Log in either by entering the registration number or by entering the candidate's name and date of birth.
- Step 3: GBPUAT 2023 admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 4: Download the admit card and take the printout of it for showing at the exam centre and other future references.
Details Mentioned on GBPUAT 2023 Admit Card
The following details will be available in GBPUAT 2023 admit card. Candidates are requested to check the details carefully.
- Name of Candidate
- Candidate's Photograph
- Examination Time
- Examination Date
- GBPUAT 2023 Roll Number
- Candidate's Signature.
Note: GBPUAT 2023 admit card is an important document that one has to carry to the exam centre. Without the admit card no one will be allowed inside the exam hall. Candidates must download the admit card on the official website as it will not be sent to anyone by post.
GBPUAT 2023 Exam Centres
Candidates can choose their preferred examination city for GBPUAT 2023 exam. The centre once allotted will not be changed under any circumstances by the conducting authority. The list of test cities for different courses is mentioned below.
|UG Course||PG Course||MCA||PhD|
GBPUAT 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates wanting to appear for GBPUAT 2023 examination in the future must have a clear idea about GBPUAT 2023 exam pattern. The exam pattern is different for different courses, as it is conducted for all undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral candidates.
As per the marking scheme for all courses, 3 marks are awarded for each correct response, and 1 mark is deducted for each incorrect/wrong response. The program-wise GBPUAT 2023 exam pattern has been tabulated below.
|Ph.D. Program||Total Duration: 3 Hours|
|Total Marks: 600|
|Masters and MCA Programs||Sections: Aptitude Test and Subject Matter|
|Total Duration: 3 Hours|
Total Number of Questions: 200
|Type of Questions: Objective Type - Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Undergraduate Programs||Total Duration: 3 Hours|
|Total Marks: 600|
|Type of Questions: Objective Type - Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Languages: English and Hindi|
GBPUAT 2023 Syllabus
Applicants must understand GBPUAT 2023 syllabus to strategise the preparation for the entrance exam. GBPUAT 2023 syllabus for different courses offered by the university will be announced on the official website of GBPUAT.
GBPUAT 2023 Undergraduate Syllabus
GBPUAT 2023 syllabus for UG courses include five major subjects which are supposed to be covered as part of the exam preparation. The subjects under UG syllabus for GBPUAT 2023 exam are mentioned below along with the important topics.
- Mathematics: Determinants, Applications of Derivatives, Integrals, Applications of the Integrals, Differential Equations, Matrices, Vectors, Geometry, Continuity and Differentiability, Relations and Functions, Linear Programming, Probability, Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Physics: Luminosity, Velocity of light, Reflection from spherical surfaces, refraction at spherical surfaces, Lenses, Dispersion and spectroscopes, Optical defects in mirrors and lenses, Optical instruments, Microscope, Thermal expansion, Heat, Faraday's law of induction, Lorenz's law, Periodic motion, Time period and frequency, RC, LR and LCR circuits, Power flow in AC circuits, Resonance and oscillations, Electromagnetic waves, em-wave equations.
- Chemistry: Redox Reactions, States Of Matter, Nuclear & Radiochemistry, Catalysis Carbon and its Compounds, Introduction to Carbon Compounds, Solutions, Colloids And Macromolecules, Surface, Hydrocarbons, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemistry of Representative Elements, Chemical Kinetics, Coordination Chemistry and Organometallics, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Phase Equilibrium, Ionic Equilibrium in Solution, Atoms and Atomic Structure, Periodic Properties of Elements.
- Agriculture: Agricultural Economics, Animal Husbandry, Agronomy, Veterinary Science.
- Biology: Germination, tissues, the anatomy of root, stem and leaf of both monocot and dicots, growth and development, secondary growth, cellular functions.
GBPUAT 2023 Result
The exam authority will declare GBPUAT 2023 results on the official website after the exam is conducted. GBPUAT result will be released in the form of the merit list. The admission will be based on the candidate's merit in the intermediate examination.
Only based on GBPUAT result, the applicant will get admission into various courses. To access GBPUAT 2023 result, a candidate has to visit the official website and download the PDF provided through the result link. After the declaration of the results, the conducting authority will release a merit list of all the selected candidates for the counselling.
Steps to Check GBPUAT 2023 Result
Candidates can follow the steps given below to check GBPUAT 2023 results.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of GBPUAT and click on the 'Results' link.
- Step 2: A new page will be redirected where the credentials like roll number must be entered to log in.
- Step 3: The result will be displayed on the screen in PDF format. Check the marks obtained and rank in GBPUAT.
- Step 4: Download the results and take the printout of the PDF for future references.
GBPUAT 2023 Merit List
The conducting authority will publish GBPUAT merit list 2023. The merit list will be released based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the intermediate or equivalent exam. GBPUAT 2023 merit list will contain the details of the candidates and those candidates will be invited for the counselling session which will be conducted at the university itself.
GBPUAT 2023 Merit List Contents
Candidates can check their rank using their registration number. GBPUAT final merit list 2023 will contain the following details.
- Registration Number
- Merit Index
- Overall Rank
Read More: GBPUAT 2023 Results
GBPUAT 2023 Cut Off
The official authority at GBPUAT is responsible for releasing the cut off rank along with the number of seats available for each category. The cut off rank will be different for different categories and subcategories for both male and female candidates who want to secure admission under various UG programs such as B.V.Sc & A.H., B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri., B.F.Sc., B.Sc. (Hons.) Comm. Sc. and B.Tech. Food technology for the academic session 2023.
GBPUAT 2023 Expected Cut Off Rank for Pantnagar University
The cut off has not been declared officially yet. The table below represents the expected cut off rank for Pantnagar University 2023
|Category||Sub-Category||Cut Off Overall Rank (B.V.Sc. & A.H)||Cut Off Overall Rank B.F.Sc||Cut Off Overall Rank (B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture)||B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science||B.F.Sc.|
GBPUAT 2020 Cut Off
Given below are the official cut offs for various rounds released by the conducting authorities on the official website of GBPUAT.
GBPUAT Cut Off Rank for Pantnagar University 2018
Students who crossed the cut off mark were called for the counselling round. The tables below show the cut off rank for Pantnagar University 2018.
|B.V.S.V & A.H||115||286||801||650|
|B.Sc (Community Science)||935||1432||3243||3209|
|B.V.S.V & A.H||-||-||-||891|
|B.Sc (Community Science)||1067||1964||2976||3591|
GBPUAT 2023 Counselling
Only the eligible and selected candidates can appear for GBPUAT admission rounds. The merit score and rank of the candidates will be taken into consideration for admission. For GBPUAT 2023 counselling process, the candidates will have to bring the original documents and those documents will be verified by the authority. The dates of GBPUAT 2023 counselling will be notified as soon as the official notifications are out.
GBPUAT 2023 Seat Reservation
The seat not filled through candidates of reserved categories in Ph.D programs only shall be converted to general category seats and will be filled up accordingly.
Instructions for First Round of GBPUAT 2023 Counselling for UG Programs
Candidates must read these instructions before filling the choices.
- Once the choice is made, it cannot be changed at any stage or round of counselling.
- The seat allotment will be done based on the preference of choices that are filled by the candidates concerning seat availability.
- Candidates must remember that once the seat allotment is done, it cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- To participate in the first round of counselling, candidates have to pay a non-refundable fee of INR 500.
- Seat allotted in the first round of counselling will be upgraded automatically if the seat of higher choice as selected by the candidates is available in the second round. The process for the same will continue in the case if further rounds carried out due to the availability of seats.
- Once the seat is allotted to the candidates, they have to pay the total university fees as per the details mentioned at the official website.
- In case the candidates fail to pay the pre-requisite fee within the specified time after the seat allotment process is over, then the seat that is allotted to them will be automatically cancelled and will go to the next round of counselling.
- If in any case, the candidate leaves the seat that is allotted to him/her even after depositing the university fees, then the seat that is allotted to them will be automatically cancelled and will go to the next round of counselling. The fee will be refunded in the account of the candidate as per the rules.
- Candidates who are allotted B.V.Sc. & A.H. seat will have to pay university fee of INR 57139.00 for one year (if the university does not open by that time and online classes are held from home) and INR. 61759.00 + actual food charges (if the university opens by that time.
- B.Tech. Food Tech. is a self-financing programme for which annual programme fee of INR 100000.00 (INR One lac only) besides the semester total fee will be applicable for each admitted.
- A candidate who is allotted B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri./B.Sc. (Hons.) Comm. Sc./B.F.Sc./B.Tech/ Food Tech. seat will have to pay university fee of INR 24480.00 for one semester (if the university does not open by that time and online classes are held from home) and the fee of INR 26790.00 + actual food charges (if the university opens by that time and students stay in the hostels).
GBPUAT 2023 Admission Process
GBPUAT 2023 examination dates and admission process is determined by the organizing authorities at the GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology. Applicants who aspire to get admission into undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses offered by GBPUAT can apply to go through the required admission process.
GBPUAT 2023 Admission for Undergraduate Programs
Candidates who are not interested to continue with the new mode of the admission process will be allowed to withdraw their candidature online by logging in with their user ID and password. The entire GBPUAT 2023 application form fee will be refunded after proper verification.
The candidates who already applied for GBPUAT 2023 and are still interested in going with the new mode of the admission process can upload the below-mentioned subject marks as per their group and a scanned copy of their intermediate or equivalent examination result on the official website by logging in with the user ID and password.
Candidates who wish to apply for admission into UG programs (B.V.Sc. & A.H, B.Sc. Agriculture, B.Tech. Food Tech, B.F.Sc. and B.Sc Community Science) must upload their subject wise marks and intermediate 10+2 marks on the official website. The merit list is usually uploaded one week after the official last date.
Candidates who have registered for GBPUAT 2023 undergraduate exam must know that the conducting authority will consider the percentage of marks secured in the following subjects at an intermediate or equivalent level to prepare the merit list of candidates.
|Group 1 (Eligible for Admission to all UG
Programs Except B.Tech Food Tech)
|Physics, Chemistry and Biology at Class 12 Level|
|Group 2 (Eligible for Admission to B.Sc Agri
B.Sc Comm. Sc. & B.Tech Food Tech)
|Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at 12th level|
|Group 3 (Eligible for Admission to B.Sc Agri.
|3 Best-Scored Agriculture Subjects at Class 12
GBPUAT 2023 Admission for Postgraduate Programmes
GBPUAT 2023 postgraduate exam will be conducted online for all master's programs and for all MCA and Ph.D programs. The official authorities announced the important event dates associated with GBPUAT 2023. Candidates are also advised to visit the official website of the university regularly for updates related to GBPUAT exam 2023.
GBPUAT 2023 Contact Details
G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology,
Pantnagar, Udham Singh Nagar,
Uttarakhand - 263145.
Official Website: www.gbpuat.in
Phone Number: +918881860219
Email ID: [email protected]
What is the application fee for GBPUAT 2023?
The application fee for GBPUAT is INR 1200 for General candidates and INR 600 for SC/ ST/ PH candidates.
What is the selection process for admission in GBPUAT?
The selection process is different for different courses offered. But for UG courses, the selection process is purely based on merit.
When is the application form available for UG courses released for GBPUAT?
GBPUAT 2023 application form will be released soon on the official wesbite.