With the aim of creating an agricultural university in India, the Government of India in collaboration with various Universities in U.S.A established the UP Agricultural University. It was the first agricultural university in India and later it was renamed as Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology to honour Pt.Govind Ballabh Pant.
The university now offers courses in B.Tech. Programmes, Master’s programme in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Masters’ programmes in MBA/ MBA (Agribusiness) and MCA.
The Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPUAT) conducts the Pantnagar University entrance exam and selects the students based on merit.
Latest Update: The last date to apply for GBPUAT has been extended up to June 15, 2020 from May 25, 2020, due to the lockdown issued to prevent the health concerns posed by the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- GBPUAT 2020 Exam Date
- GBPUAT 2020 Application Form
- GBPUAT 2020 Eligibility
- GBPUAT 2020 Syllabus
- GBPUAT 2020 Admit Card
- GBPUAT 2020 Result
- GBPUAT 2020 Admission/Counselling Procedure
- GBPUAT Helpdesk
GBPUAT 2020 Exam Date
GBPUAT Entrance Exam will be held from June 6, 2020 to June 7, 2020. Check all other related dates below.
Remember all the dates provided below are tentative and may be changed. The exact dates will be updated once the official notification is released.
GBPUAT Application Form Dates
Registration dates for GBPUAT application form 2020 (पंतनगर यूनिवर्सिटी फॉर्म 2020) for different streams are compiled in the table below. Dates for registration for UG, Masters, MCA and Ph.D programmes are different and similarly, dates of registration for M.Tech and for sponsored candidates for Masters, M.Tech and Ph.D are different.
|Registration for UG, Masters, MCA and PhD programmes||March 1, 2020 to June 15, 2020|
|Last date to take a printout of Application Forms for the UG, Masters, MCA and PhD programmes||June 25, 2020|
|Registration for M.Tech programme & Sponsored candidates for Masters’, M.Tech. and PhD programmes||April 1, 2020 to June 15, 2020|
|Last date to take a printout of Application Forms for the M.Tech programme & Sponsored candidates for Masters’, M.Tech. and PhD programmes||June 25, 2020|
GBPUAT 2020 Important Dates
After GBPUAT 2020 registration is done, you should know important dates thereafter such as admit card release date, exam date etc.
|Admit Card Download||May 21, 2020|
|Entrance Exam date for Ph.D. and Masters||June 6, 2020 (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
|Entrance Exam for Undergraduate and M.C.A||June 7, 2020 (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
|Result Declaration||On or before June 15, 2020|
GBPUAT Admission/ Counselling Dates
Counselling for GBPUAT will be taking place on the following dates. Please take a look.
|UG Admission Process||24 to 28 July, 2020|
|MCA & M.Tech Counselling||28 to 29 July, 2020|
|Admission for Master's Courses||29 to 31 July, 2020|
|PhD courses||31 July 2019 to 1 August, 2020|
Second Counselling Dates
|UG Admission Process||To be announced|
|Masters, MCA & M.Tech Counselling||To be announced|
GBPUAT 2020 Application Form
Interested candidates can apply for the exam in online mode. After applying for the exam one has to pay the application fee. The cost for GBPUAT / Pantnagar application form 2020 (पंतनगर यूनिवर्सिटी फॉर्म 2020) is INR 1200/- for General Category and OBC candidates. It is INR 600/- for SC, ST and PH (Physically Handicapped) candidates.
Candidates can use any of these methods to pay the GBPUAT application fee.
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Internet Banking
During the admission process, one has to submit the following documents. So have a look at the list given below for reference.
- A print out of the confirmation page of the application form.
- One copy of the online application fee receipt.
- A self-attested copy of category certificate (if applicable)
- A self-attested copy of the certificate/mark sheet of the qualifying examination.
Apply for GBPUAT 2020 exam here
GBPUAT 2020 Eligibility
Depending on the course the eligibility criteria varies. It is important to know about the eligibility criteria of the courses, to apply for the accepted exam.
|Master‟s programme in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology||JNU New Delhi Entrance Exam|
|PhD programmes in Agronomy and Plant Pathology||ICAR|
|MBA/ MBA (Agribusiness)||CAT/CMAT|
The exam conducted by J.N.U., New Delhi is the eligibility entrance test for the Master‟s programme in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. Interested candidates must visit the J.N.U., New Delhi official website for application forms.
Candidates from other states who aspire to pursue PhD programmes in Agronomy and Plant Pathology must take ICAR entrance exam.
For admission into Masters‟ programmes in MBA/ MBA (Agribusiness), candidates have to take CAT or CMAT exam. Further, there may be rounds like Group Discussion and interview for selection.
The admission into M.Tech Programs will be made through GATE exam. Depending on the specialisation the student aspires to study he or she must choose the subject in GATE exam.
All Vacant seats will be filled based on OGPA/percentage (%) of marks of B.Tech. The candidate should have secured at least a minimum OGPA of not less than 6.000/10.000 or 3.000/5.000. In terms of percentage of marks, a candidate must have scored at least 55% marks in aggregate.
The minimum qualification needed for each and every course is provided in the official notification. Check below.
GBPUAT 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for the Pant University Entrance Exam is given below. The data is for the exam that is intended to admit students in UG programs.
Based on the subject, the syllabus has been framed. The syllabus or the topics covered in Mathematics is given below.
- ALGEBRA: Elements of set theory, Relations and Functions, Mathematical induction, Number System, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions, quadratic equations, partial fractions, permutations and combinations, Binomial Theorem, Exponential and logarithmic series, Matrices and determinants, solution of simultaneous algebraic equations.
- PROBABILITY: Definition, dependent and independent events, problems based on addition and multiplication theorems of probability.
- TRIGONOMETRY: Trigonometry functions, Periodic functions, identities, Trigonometric equation, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse trigonometric functions, complex number, De-Moiver‟s Theorem.
- COORDINATE GEOMETRY: Elementary Coordinate Geometry, Straight lines, Family of straight lines, circles, sections of a cone, Equations of Conic sections-parabola, ellipse and hyperbola in standard form.
- CALCULUS: Functions, limits and continuity, differentiation, simple cases, functions of a function, tangents and normals, simple maxima and minima. Integration of simple functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, differential equations.
- VECTOR: Position vectors, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products of two and three vectors.
- DYNAMICS: Velocity, acceleration, composition and resolution of velocity and acceleration, laws of motion, work, power and energy, motion under gravity and projectiles, principles of conservation of momentum and energy. Direct impact on smooth bodies.
- STATICS: Composition and Resolution of coplanar and parallel forces, moments and couples, resultant of set of co-planar forces and conditions of equilibrium, determination of centroids in simple cases and frictions.
You can check the syllabus of other subjects here in the official syllabus below.
GBPUAT 2020 Admit Card
After completing the registration process candidates will be able to download the admit card. The admit card is expected to be released on May 21, 2020. It is an important document that one has to carry to the exam centre. Without the admit card no one will be allowed inside the exam hall.
Remember candidates have to download the admit card on the official website, it will not be sent to anyone by post. On the admit card details like the name of the candidate, exam centre location will be present.
GBPUAT 2020 Result
Candidates can expect the GBPUAT Results on June 15, 2020. Only based on the result a student will get admission. To access the result a candidate has to visit the official website and log in using the enrolment id.
After the declaration of the results, the conducting authority will release a merit list of all the selected candidates for the counselling.
GBPUAT 2020 Admission/Counselling
Only the eligible and selected candidates must appear for the GBPUAT admission rounds. The merit score and rank of the candidates will be taken into consideration for pantnagar university admission 2020.
For the counselling process, the candidates have to bring the original documents and those documents will be verified.
GB PANT Entrance Exam Cutoff Marks 2018
Students who cross the cutoff mark will be called for the counselling process. The tables below show the cutoff mark of GBPUAT Entrance Exam 2018.
|B.V.S.V & A.H||115||286||801||650|
|B.Sc (Community Science)||935||1432||3243||3209|
|B.V.S.V & A.H||-||-||-||891|
|B.Sc (Community Science)||1067||1964||2976||3591|
Postal Address: G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar
Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand - 263145.
Email: [email protected]