All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination [AIPGMEE] Overview
Candidates aspiring to pursue courses like Doctor of Medicine, Master of Surgery, or other Post Graduate programs in the medical sector, can opt for the All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE). Candidates having a 50% All India quota can apply for these courses. The National Board of Examination is responsible for conducting this medical exam every year across the country. Candidates who manage to qualify successfully get admission into MBBS and BDS courses, depending on their scores, into both Government and Private medical colleges in India.
To improve the quality of medical education in the country, the Government of India, in 1975, decided to establish The National Board of Examination (NBE). NEET PG, are organized by the NBE for candidates aspiring to get admissions into the MD/MS/Diploma course in the medical colleges of different states of India.
The exam has been replaced by NEET PG. The AIPGMEE is no longer conducted.
AIPGMEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for AIPGMEE 2021 is mentioned below:
- The candidate must be an Indian Citizen in order to meet the eligibility criteria.
- In order to meet the eligibility criteria, the candidate must hold an M.B.B.S degree from a recognized medical college or a foreign medical degree.
- Candidates who have studied/passed MBBS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir and Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh are not eligible for 50% All India Quota. However, the candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring that he/she was nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to do MBBS from Medical Colleges in Erstwhile Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir to the Deputy Director Examinations) National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi – 110029 along with the print out of the acknowledgement of submission of online application for AIPGMEE 2020 latest . (Copy of the affidavit is annexed at Annexure-A).The interested candidates from these states who want to apply for MD/MS/Diploma at AFMS Institutions are advised to read Chapter 9A.
- The candidates who have obtained MBBS degree from the Medical Colleges which are not recognized by Medical Council of India shall not be eligible for this exam
Note:-No request for relaxation of Compulsory Rotating Internship shall be accepted.
- The dates indicated by candidates with regard to 12 months Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship i.e. starting date, completion date in the online application system shall be treated as final and candidates will be required to submit the original Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship completion certificate at the time of admission in allotted College.
- The cut-off dates for the recognition of the Medical Colleges from where the candidates have passed their MBBS Degree Course should need to he be well known by the candidates and they should be versed with the dates as because they may change and as soon as there is the clarification of the dates in the official website it will be updated here. The Colleges recognized after this date will not be considered.
- Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling and admission in allotted College.
- Some of the Universities are having regulations that candidates who are already pursuing the PG Course in their University or in another University are not eligible for admission till they complete the course. The candidates who are already pursuing PG Courses either through All India Quota or State Quota and are applying for a seat under All India Quota may confirm the eligibility conditions of that University in this regard.
AIPGMEE 2021 Application Form Details
- AIPGMEE 2021 application form should be submitted online. Applicants will get a 13-day window to submit the form and register for the test.
- Once the applicant has submitted the form successfully, he/she will then be issued the AIPGMEE admit card. Only those of who have applied before the last date will be allowed to appear in the test.
- All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam (AIPGMEE) is a computer based test. It is held in multiple sessions in December of that year mostly.
- The following states use AIPGMEE scores for PG Medical (MD/MS/ PG Diploma) admissions. Haryana, Sikkim, Himachal Pradesh, Goa, Punjab, Odisha, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chandigarh, University of Delhi, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, RIMS Imphal (for seven beneficiary states of Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Tripura, Manipur, Mizoram & Sikkim), Institutes under Armed Forces Medical Services and rest of the states will conduct individual PG medical entrance exams.
- Candidate Care Helpline Number: 0124-6771700/1800 11 1800Toll-freeee) (From Monday to Friday).
AIPGMEE 2021 Application Procedure
The application process for AIPGMEE 2021 is mentioned below:
• Applicants are required to visit the official website first in order to apply in online mode. It is essential for the candidates to register on the official website by giving the basic information.
• Once the registration process is completed secondly, candidates are required to login with the login credentials.
• Candidates are required to fill the application form with all the required information.
• Then upload the photograph along with signature with the mentioned dimensions only.
• Next need to make the payment of application fee through the selected mode.
• Then finally verify and submit the application form and need to take the printout of the form for future reference.
AIPGMEE 2021 Admit Card Details
Information regarding the AIPGMEE 2021 admit card is mentioned below:
- The examination will tentatively be conducted on April 18, 2021, as there is the clarification of the dates in the official website it will be updated here.
- Candidates have the option of choosing their test center, date and time through online registration & scheduling system. Availability is on a first come, first served basis, and candidates will only be shown options that are available at the point of scheduling.
- Candidates may note that each candidate will be required to appear only once during the testing window, in the session allocated i.e. either Forenoon or Afternoon on the particular date. Candidates appearing or registering for more than one session shall be booked for use of unfair means and action shall be taken against them accordingly.
- At the end of Registration & Scheduling, the applicant will get a computer-generated acknowledgment at the registered email id of the applicant. Admit card will be issued to the candidate once registration & scheduling process is successfully completed. The candidate is required to print a copy of admit card and affix a latest passport size photograph of the following specifications on the admit card. The candidate is required to bring the admit card to the Test center along with an identification document as per para 6.6 below.
- Candidates may kindly note that they have to report by the time as indicated in the admit card and para 5.1 of this Information Bulletin. Candidates reporting late or beyond the prescribed time shall not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- A DEMO Test to provide candidates with the feel and functionality of the actual exam is available on AIPGMEE website www.nbe.gov.in/AIPGMEE. Candidates registered for AIPGMEE can undertake the demo test prior to the actual test window. Candidates are advised to go through the demo test carefully to familiarize themselves with the screens, layout and navigation.