CUET History syllabus 2023 covers all the topics from ancient to modern history. It Includes topics like The Story of the First Cities Harappan Archaeology, Social Histories using the Mahabharata, A History of Buddhism: Sanchi Stupa and so on.
CUET History syllabus 2023 involves topics like The Story of the First Cities Harappan Archaeology, Social Histories using the Mahabharata, A History of Buddhism: Sanchi Stupa, etc. Essentially, all the topics from ancient to modern history are covered in the syllabus. The detailed CUET History syllabus is here, along with the downloadable PDF link.
Table of Contents
- CUET History Syllabus 2023
- Purpose of CUET History Syllabus
- Recommended Books for CUET History Syllabus
- CUET History Syllabus Preparation Tips
|CUET Admit Card 2023||CUET Exam Pattern 2023|
CUET History Syllabus 2023
CUET History syllabus 2023 is discussed in the table below. Candidates can also download the complete syllabus through the PDF link provided in the article.
The Story of the First Cities Harappan Archaeology
- The discoveries made at the Harrapan sites, their importance, the utilities, and early urban cities.
Political and Economic History
- How Inscriptions tell a story, economic and political changes and history from Mauryan to the Gupta period.
Social Histories using the Mahabharata
- The social, kinship, gender roles in the society, caste system, and division of classes.
A History of Buddhism: Sanchi Stupa
- Discussion and role of the religious history of Jainism, Buddhism, Vaisnavism, Saivism, and Vedic religion. Role of Sanchi Stupa, importance, and relevance.
Medieval society through Travellers’ Accounts
- India's social, economic, and political condition through traveller's like Alberuni, Ibn Battuta, and Berneir accounts.
Religious Histories: The Bhakti-Sufi Tradition
- Ideas and practices of Bhakti and Sufi traditions, religious movements, practices, and developments during that time.
New Architecture: Hampi
- Discovery of Hampi and Vijayanagara kingdoms. Development and construction of new buildings, architectural, and political systems during that period.
Agrarian Relations: The Ain-i-Akbari
- The structure of agrarian society, changes and patterns of society at that time. Discoveries were made at that time.
The Mughal Court: Reconstructing Histories through Chronicles
- Political outline of society in the 25th to 17th century, Mughal courts, discoveries, chronicles, and politics.
Colonialism and Rural Society: Evidence from Official Reports
- Life of zamindars, peasants, and artisans. East Indian company's invasion, revenue settlement, and surveys. Economic, cultural, and social life, developments, and infrastructure during that time.
Representations of 1857 Colonialism and Indian Towns
- Town plans, growth of Mumbai, Chennai, hill stations and cantonments in the 18th and 19th century, and municipal reports.
Various events that took place between 1857 to 1858
- Indian National Movement 1918-48, the nature of Gandhian politics, leadership, and principals.
Mahatma Gandhi through Contemporary Eyes
- The history of the 1940s, nationalism, communalism, and partitions.
Partition through Oral Sources The Making of the Constitution
- Formation of a new constitution after independence and development of constitutional assembly.
|CUET History Syllabus PDF||Download Now|
Purpose of CUET History Syllabus 2023
The main reason behind adding history as a subject in the CUET exam is that candidates can learn about India's rich history. Besides, some of the added factors play a key role, such as:
- History is a subject of immense importance and interest. Candidates can know the details and their ancestral history.
- Besides, the CUET History syllabus 2023 covers topics from the ancient era to the modern. Therefore, the spectrum is wide.
- Further, History focuses on the facts and figures that have shaped our present.
- Additionally, it also imparts knowledge about how the social, political, and economic situations saw change and growth. Importance and discoveries of some of the major events.
- Lastly, History offers the main role in all the recent events and discoveries. No one could decipher recent events without a clear understanding of past events.
|CUET Passing Marks 2023||CUET Merit List 2023|
Recommended Books for CUET History
Books have the greatest hand in shaping the future of candidates. Therefore, candidates are advised to buy the recommended books that cover the CUET History syllabus.
|Name of the Books||Publications|
|CUET 2023 History||Dristi Publications|
|Go To Guide for CUET (UG) History with 10 Practice Sets|
|NCERT History Books||NCERT|
Also Read: CUET Exam Day Guidelines 2023
Parameters to Choose the Best Books for CUET History Syllabus
While dealing with the best books for the CUET History syllabus, here are some guidelines that candidates must follow:
- Candidates must check for the contents of the books while buying them online or offline.
- If buying the CUET History books online, candidates should always check for customer reviews and ratings.
- While buying the books offline, the candidate must ensure that the book is a recent publication page and print is proper.
- Next, candidates should always check if the book covers all the information and topics in the syllabus.
Read More: CUET Books 2023
CUET History Syllabus Preparation Tips
Now that candidates have gained a good understanding CUET History syllabus 2023, they must follow the guidelines for preparation. The points below discuss the same:
- Go through the syllabus: Candidates are requested to learn and understand the CUET History syllabus 2023 before beginning exam preparation. The syllabus covers topics from early men to the post-modern era; therefore, it is scattered. A clear knowledge of the syllabus can only sail the ship.
- Make a timetable: Once the candidates are accustomed to the syllabus, they must create an effective study plan or timetable. The timetable should be made in an orderly manner. It should cover all the areas of the syllabus, important points, revision time, and rest time.
- Focus on strengths and weaknesses: There will be many challenges while scavenging and preparing for the exam. One such challenge is to polish the strength and nourish the weak areas. Candidates must try to pay more attention to their weaknesses and build their base. Thus, the question paper and the syllabus should be covered easily.
- Arrive for mock test: Another important factor that has a strong influence is a mock test. Mock tests are demo tests; therefore, it is a one-stop solution to reviewing oneself. If the candidates successfully cross this stage, candidate can conquer anything. Besides, a mock test reflects the preparation of the subject and helps in figuring out the steps to rectify.
- Take adequate breaks: Breaks are very important, along with studies, to keep the mind fresh. Hence, candidates are suggested to create their preparation timetable so they have plenty of time for recreation. It will keep them calm and help them maintain the right balance.
Read More: CUET Preparation Tips 2023
POST YOUR COMMENT