|Conducted By||Government of Scotland|
|Eligibility||Students from Canada, India, Japan, USA, Hong Kong, Pakistan and China|
|Region||India and Other countries|
|Rewards||Up to 8000 Pounds|
|Last Date of Application||July 31, 2021|
What is the Saltire Scholarship?
The Saltire Scholarships are an initiative of the Government of Scotland in association with the different Scottish Universities in the field of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare & medical science, and renewable and clean energy. The scholarships are provided to the citizens of select countries who wish to study full-time one-year Master’s degree fully delivered in Scottish universities. The primary target of the scholarship is the students who aspire to become influential leaders and who have wide-ranging interests outside their studies, as well as a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland. The main aim of the scholarship is to encourage bright, talented, and hardworking individuals to live, work, and study in Scotland. The Saltire scholarship application deadline is on July 31, 2021.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- Saltire Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Saltire Scholarship Application Process
- Saltire Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Contact Details
Saltire Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The Saltire Scholarship is provided to the citizens of select countries who wish to study full-time Masters degrees in any select university in Scotland. The other eligibility criteria for the scholarship application along with the list of eligible courses and Scottish universities are given below:
- The applicants should be citizens or permanent residents of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China)
- He/ she should have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
- The students of the Open University in Scotland are not eligible.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate that he/ she can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- The applicant should not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- The student should not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- The eligible courses for the scholarship are MSc programs, MLitt programs, and MRes programs.
- The student should meet the language requirements of the course.
- The applicant should complete the Saltire Scholarship application form and submit it by the closing date of 31 July 2021.
- The candidate should demonstrate an interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university.
- He/ she should aspire to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career.
- The applicant should also demonstrate a willingness to study in Scotland.
- The students pursuing online courses, distance-learning courses, or any other courses are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The candidate should possess the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the program of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
List of Eligible Courses:
Masters degree in science, technology, creative industries, healthcare, and medical sciences, or renewable and clean energy. Examples of subject areas include:
- Earth Sciences
- Weather and Climate
- Animals/ Zoology
- Communications, Media and Culture
- New Media Studies
- Computer Games / Computer Arts
Healthcare and Medical Sciences:
- Physical and Life Sciences
- Health Sciences
Renewable and Clean Energy:
- Sustainable Engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Biomass / Biofuels
- Hydro / Solar / Tidal / Windpower
List of Scottish Universities:
- Abertay University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- Glasgow School of Art
- Heriot-Watt University
- The Open University, Scotland
- Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
- Robert Gordon University
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- SRUC Scotland’s Rural College
- The University of Edinburgh
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Dundee
- University of Glasgow
- The University of St. Andrews
- University of Stirling
- University of Strathclyde
- The University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI)
- The University of the West of Scotland
Scotland Saltire Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The scholarship benefits offered by the Scotland Saltire Scholarship are given below:
- A total of 50 scholarships are disbursed to the deserving candidates.
- Each selected candidate receives a scholarship award worth £8000 to be used towards tuition fees for the duration of 1 year of full-time study on a postgraduate Master’s program at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
- Any additional costs and expenses are the responsibility of the student.
- The scholars under the Saltire Scholarship will also have the opportunity to take part in a program of activities over and above their studies, including dialogue with the academic and business community in Scotland.
Saltire Scholarship Application Process:
The candidates should have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course to be eligible to apply for the Saltire Scholarship. The scholarship application form must be submitted online by 31 July 2021. The application process for the Scotland Saltire Scholarship 2021 is given below:
- Interested applicants should visit the Saltire Scholarship official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- The candidate should be enrolled with a conditional or unconditional offer in an eligible course at a Scottish University.
- The applicant should fill in details such as First name, Last Name, Email address, Nationality, Scottish higher education institution name, the Student application number, Name of the course, Offer status, etc.
- He/ she should also write essays of up to 250 words on different topics related to admission to a Scottish university.
- Finally, the applicant should select the undertaking and click on the 'Submit' button to complete the application process.
Saltire Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
The terms and conditions for the Saltire Scholarship are given below:
- The applicant should maintain a standard of conduct that will uphold the good reputation of the Saltire Scholarship Programme and the institution at which he/ she studies.
- The candidate should actively participate in the program’s extra-curricular events.
- The scholar should promote Scotland and Scottish higher education by posting about his/ her own time and experience in Scotland on social media and through other communication activities.
- The candidate should be available for an interview (including on camera) during either the welcome or end-of-year event, granting Scottish Government and the relevant university the right to use the text and footage indefinitely.
- The applicant should agree that the Scottish Government can use any photographs, blogs, quotes, etc in connection with his/ her Saltire Scholarship participation for marketing purposes.
- Email ID: [email protected]