|Conducted By||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Eligibility||Female students who have passed the class X|
|Rewards||Up to INR 20,000|
|Last Date of Application||January 17, 2022|
CBSE scholarship, initiated by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), renders financial support to outstanding students. The board provides scholarships for students from class XI to those pursuing a degree in college or university. The selected female students of merit CBSE scholarship for a single girl child will receive INR 500 per month, and those selected for the CBSE scholarship's CSSS will receive up to INR 20,000.The single girl child CBSE scholarship applications will commence from December 27th, 2021, to January 17th, 2022.
Table of Contents
- CBSE Scholarship List
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University
- CBSE Scholarship Merit Single Girl Child
- Udaan CBSE Scholarship
CBSE Scholarship List
The board offers CBSE scholarships to students studying from class XI and above. It offers financial support to female students who are single girl child in the family and even to those studying in college or university. Given below are the list of the CBSE scholarship:
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University
- Single girl child CBSE scholarship
- Udaan CBSE scholarship
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University
The Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship (CSSS) is a part of the CBSE scholarship. The objective of the CSSS is to offer financial aid to students studying in colleges and universities. The board will offer up to INR 20,000 to the selected candidates.
Read more on Central Sector Scholarship Scheme.
Merit Single Girl Child CBSE Scholarship
The CBSE scholarship 2021 invites female students who have passed the class X exam from a CBSE school. It is initiated by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The selected students will receive INR 6,000 per annum. The last date to apply for the single girl child CBSE scholarship is January 17th, 2022.
The number of awardees varies each year. However, as per the statistics, the board will consider approximately 1,400 to 1,600 female students for the CBSE scholarship scheme. The goal is to empower female students and motivate them to pursue higher studies. The female students will receive the CBSE scholarship amount for up to two years.
Eligibility Criteria of CBSE Scholarship
The applicants should ensure they fulfil the eligibility criteria before applying for the CBSE scholarship's merit single child scheme. Girl students who have passed class X from a school affiliated to the CBSE board can apply to the scholarship. Listed below are the other eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be the only female child in the family.
- They should have Indian
- The girl students should have cleared the class X exams conducted by the CBSE board.
- They should obtain a minimum of 60% marks in their class X exam in the current academic year.
- They should be studying class XI and class XII in a school affiliated to the CBSE board.
- The school tuition fee should not be more than INR 1,500 per month for the academic year.
- NRI candidates are also eligible to apply for the CBSE scholarship 2021 programme.
- The tuition fee of the NRI students should not exceed INR 6,000 per month.
- Note: The board allows the female students availing CBSE scholarship to receive other benefits provided by the school.
Renewal of CBSE Scholarship
The scholars will receive the scholarship amount for one year. However, if they wish to continue receiving the rewards until class XII, they should submit a CBSE scholarship renewal form. The board will accept the renewal of the CBSE scholarship based on the marks secured by the applicants in the class XI exam. Given below are the eligibility criteria for submission of the CBSE scholarship renewal form :
- They should have applied for the CBSE scholarship in class XI.
- They should currently be studying class XII and have secured a minimum of 50% marks in class XI.
- If the candidate has quit the selected course before completing it or has changed schools, the board will decide on the renewal of CBSE scholarship.
- The candidates should be regular to class and should maintain good conduct to continue receiving the CBSE scholarship.
How to Apply for Merit CBSE Scholarship for a Single Girl Child?
Eligible female candidates can apply to the CBSE scholarship 2021 through online mode. After successful application, the students will receive a confirmation page confirming their CBSE scholarship application. They are advised to take a print-out of the confirmation page for future use. The stepwise application process are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates should visit the official CBSE scholarship application website.
Step 2 - They should click on the fresh application button.
Step 3 - The candidates should enter the roll number and date of birth mentioned on the class X marksheet.
Step 4 - Next, they should fill in the application form and submit it.
Step 5 - The candidates will receive a registration number after they submit the form. They should make a note of it for further use.
Step 6 - The candidates should take a print-out of the undertaking in the prescribed format available under the guidelines section.
Step 7 - After taking a print-out, they should fill in the details, attach their latest photo and get an attestation from their school.
Step 8 - Next, the candidates should prepare an affidavit in a format prescribed under the guidelines section.
Note: The candidates should get the affidavit attested from an SDM, notary, judicial or executive magistrate.
Step 9 - They should scan the documents and convert them into a PDF format. They should ensure the size of the file does not exceed 1 MB.
Step 10 - The applicants should upload the affidavit and undertaking in PDF format under the upload document section.
Step 11 - The candidates should submit the application form after uploading the required documents.
Step 12- Lastly, they should visit the print confirmation section to obtain their confirmation page.
Note: The applicants can obtain the format of the undertaking and affidavit by clicking here.
Renewal of CBSE Scholarship for a Single Girl Child?
The candidates can renew the CBSE scholarship by filling in the renewal form, attaching the required documents and sending it to the head office. The stepwise procedure to renew the CBSE scholarship are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates should visit the official CBSE scholarship page.
Step 2 - They should download the CBSE scholarship renewal form according to the official website's guidelines.
Step 3 - After downloading the renewal form, the candidates should fill in the details and attach the required documents.
Step 4 - They should enclose the application form and the documents in an envelope and mention 'Application for CBSE Merit Scholarship for SGC X F – 2 (Renewal)' on it.
Step 5 - Next, they should send the envelope by post to the below address:
Assistance Secretary (CBSE Scholarship), CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2 Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110092
The candidates should prepare the documents and keep them handy before applying for the CBSE scholarship scheme 2021. They should ensure the applications are attested and submitted in a prescribed format to avoid rejections. Students must submit the following documents while applying for the CBSE scholarship. Listed below are the essential documents:
For Fresh Applications
- Bank details
- Passport size photo
- Class X marksheet (CBSE board)
- A copy of the aadhaar card
For Renewal Applications
- Class XI marksheet
- Photocopy of the aadhaar card
- Bank passbook or a cancelled cheque with details of the bank IFSC code, bank name, account number and beneficiaries' name
- Note: The students should get the above documents attested.
Selection Criteria of CBSE Scholarship
The board primarily selects the candidates based on their academic merit. They intend to prevent dropouts and encourage young girls to complete their education through the CBSE scholarship scheme. Listed below are the selection criteria for the CBSE scholarship 2021 programme:
- The candidates should be studying class XI and class XII in a CBSE school.
- They should have obtained 60% or more marks in class X.
- The applicant should be the only girl child in their family.
- They should provide the correct documents in the prescribed format.
- They should get the CBSE scholarship online forms attested by the school principal.
Terms and Conditions of CBSE Scholarship
The decisions made by the chairman of the CBSE board will be final and binding. Listed below are the important terms and conditions of the CBSE scholarship scheme 2021:
- The candidates should renew the scholarship after one year. They can avail CBSE scholarship for up to two years.
- The female students should have gotten promoted from class XI and secured 50% or more marks to renew.
- The board will not renew the scholarships that are cancelled under any circumstances.
- The court's jurisdiction in Delhi or New Delhi will handle any disputes arising from the CBSE scholarship scheme.
The candidates can reach out to the office on the CBSE scholarship contact number in case of any queries. The contact details are as follows:
|CBSE Scholarship Contact No.|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Address||Central Board of Secondary Education, Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi - 110092|
Udaan CBSE Scholarship
Besides the CBSE scholarship scheme for a single girl child, the board also provides udaan CBSE scholarship for the single girl child in a family. Moreover, female students studying class XI in a school affiliated to the CBSE board will receive free study material to equip them for engineering entrance exams. The objective is to encourage young girls to obtain engineering degrees from distinguished colleges.
Eligibility Criteria of Udaan CBSE Scholarship
The udaan CBSE scholarship is exclusively available to female students. The applicants should be a single girl child in the family. Those interested to apply for the udaan CBSE scholarship should fulfil the following criteria:
- The candidates should be Indian
- They should be in class XI studying in a Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV), navodaya, government school or any private school affiliated to the CBSE board or recognised by any board.
- The candidates should have elected science and studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) from class XI.
- They should have secured a minimum of 70% marks in class X.
- They should have specifically secured at least 80% marks or an 8 CGPA score or a 9 GPA in science and mathematics.
- The board will reserve 15%, 7.5%, 27% and 3% seats to the SC, ST, OBC and PwD categories, respectively.
- The family income should not exceed INR 6,00,000 per annum.
Rewards of Udaan CBSE Scholarship
The board offers benefits to young girls aspiring to pursue an engineering degree in premiere colleges. The rewards of the udaan CBSE scholarship are as follows:
- The female students will receive free study material online and offline.
- They can obtain study resources, videos and tutorials through the udaan CBSE scholarship.
- The candidates can practice taking assessments and receive feedback.
- Students with good academic merit will receive mentoring and peer learning opportunities.
- The board has launched a student helpline service for candidates to clarify their doubts and receive technological support.
- The board offers motivational sessions to the candidates and their parents.
How to Apply for the CBSE Udaan Scholarship?
The female students who want to apply for the udaan CBSE scholarship can visit the official CBSE scholarship website and submit the application online. The stepwise process to apply are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates should visit the official CBSE scholarship website.
Step 2 - They should register themselves by providing their personal details.
Step 3 - After registration, the candidates can apply for the udaan CBSE scholarship by filling an application form and attaching the required documents.
Step 4 - After filling in the application form, they should cross-verify the details.
Step 5 - Next, the applicants should submit the form to complete the application process.
Step 6 - Lastly, the students should print out the application form and download the declaration form for further reference.
The candidates are advised to apply for the udaan CBSE scholarship well within the last date. The readers should note the timeline given below is tentative.
- Application start date: July/August
- Last date of application: First week of August
Selection Criteria of Udaan CBSE Scholarship
The CBSE board will select the candidates based on their academic merit and family income. The applicants should fulfil all the requirements and should have applied for the udaan CBSE scholarship in a prescribed format. The board prioritises female students belonging to the SC/ST, OBC and PwD categories. The providers will select the candidates against the city selected by them for the virtual contact class conducted weekly.
In case of any queries regarding the udaan CBSE scholarship scheme, the candidates can reach out to the office in New Delhi. The CBSE scholarship contact number is as follows:
|CBSE Scholarship Contact No.|
|Phone Number||011 23214737|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Address||Central Board of Secondary Education, Shiksha Sadan, 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi - 110 002|