|Conducted By||Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India|
|Eligibility||SC students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate degrees|
|Rewards||The scholarship covers the tuition fee of up to INR 2,00,000 and provides additional benefits|
|Last Date of Application||December 15, 2021|
The Top Class Education Scholarship for SC students is a Central Sector Scholarship Scheme implemented for 12th passed out students by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment which aims at empowering students of Scheduled Caste. The students are provided with financial support for pursuing courses at Under-graduate or Post-graduate level.
A total number of 1500 Scholars can benefit the scheme allowances for living expenses, books, and stationery, Tuition fee and non-refundable charges upto INR 2 lakh per year, allowance to purchase a computer, etc. Meritorious SC students with a maximum of INR 6 lakh annual income can apply through the National Scholarship Portal before the application deadline.
Selected students are eligible to pursue courses above 12th class from the notified Top Class Institutes in India under the Scholarship Scheme. The Scheme was approved in the year 2007 and the Scholarship Scheme is completely funded by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment under Government of India.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for the ease-of-access are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Scholarship Reservations
- Scholarship Renewal
- Important Documents
- Administrative Expenses
- Important Dates
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact Details
Top Class Education Scholarship for SC Students Eligibility Criteria:
Conditions of eligibility for the Top Class Education Scheme are as follows:
- The Scholarship is strictly reserved to students of Scheduled Caste.
- Applicant must have completed class 12 from a State or Central recognized board.
- The student should be pursuing/enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate courses in any one of the notified Top Class Institutes.
- The overall family income of the candidate should not exceed INR 6.00 lakh per year.
- More than two siblings from a family are not permissible to apply for the Scholarship.
Note: A 30 percent of the total Scholarships are reserved to eligible girl students of SC category.
Top Class Education Scholarship for SC Students Rewards and Benefits:
The Scholarship Scheme provides allowances for Tuition fee, Housing/living expenses, books, and stationeries. Also, the Scheme disburse the reimbursement for various other expenses:
- Reimbursement of total tuition fee and non-refundable charges of INR 2.00 lakh per year for students of private sector institutes and INR 3.72 lakh per year for students of Type rating and courses of commercial pilot training.
- INR 2220 per month for living expenses.
- Allowance of INR 3000 per year for the books and stationeries.
- A one-time allowance of INR 45,000 per student for the purchase of computer or laptop with accessories such as a printer, ups, etc.
Note: A total number of 1500 Scholarships shall be disbursed per year under the Top Class Education Scheme.
Application Process for Top Class Education Scholarship for SC Students:
Eligible students can apply online for the Top Class Education Scholarship Scheme for SC students:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal website.
- Click on New Registration on the home page.
- Read and Agree to the terms and conditions and click on Continue.
- Enter the Scholarship details and personal details.
- Enter the Bank Details such as bank name, IFSC, account number, etc.
- Click on Register button after giving Aadhar number/Bank account number as identification details.
- An OTP number will be generated once the mobile number gets verified.
- Log in with the OTP number and fill the form.
- Application ID and Password will be given for future reference.
Note: Candidates are advised to fill the form correctly, hence no changes can be made once the application is submitted. The Scholarship management shall not encourage multiple applications as it will lead to the form cancellation.
Top Class Education Scholarship for SC Students Selection Process:
The general conditions and process of selecting Scholars are as follows:
- The selection of Scholars is strictly based on merit.
- The Institutions shall forward the list of selected applications to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment along with the necessary documents (Income certificate, bank details, caste certificate, student mark sheet, etc.)
- The top students will be considered in case the number of eligible candidates exceeds the number of seats allotted to the institution.
- Family income shall be the yardstick if there is more than one student with the same mark.
- Except for the top candidates, remaining Scholars will be eligible for the Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) provided by the Ministry through State and Union Territory authorities.
The specified conditions for the Scholarship Reservations are as follows:
- 30 percent of slots are earmarked to eligible girl students of SC category.
- In the absence of sufficient girl students, the slots may be transferred to eligible boy candidates.
- The reserved 30 percent will not include girl students from the overall merit list.
Scholarship Renewal for Top Class Education Scholarship:
The renewal of the scholarship is based on the following conditions:
- The Scholarship will be renewed until the completion of course with respect to the satisfactory performance of the candidate.
- For the Renewal of Scholarships, the concerned institution will forward the previous final exam results of the candidate along with other progress reports to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Below mentioned is the list of documents required for the Scholarship Scheme:
- Family income certificate.
- Caste certificate.
- Bank account details.
- Admission proof.
- Fee structure of the course.
- Marks of the entrance examination.
Administrative expenses are the expenses carried out by the Ministry in order to obtain skilled personnel for the required operations Top Class Education Scholarship Scheme. As the number of data is vast and the process is time taking, qualified people are mandatory to process and analyze data.
Expenses for the physical requirement such as office, computers, furniture, and employees are considered as Administrative Expenses. The Ministry has allocated a maximum of 6 percent of the total budget of the Scholarship to meet the administrative and other required costs.
- Last date of application: December 15th, 2021
- Last date of defective verification: December 31st, 2021
- Last date of institute verification: December 31st, 2021
Terms and Conditions for Top Class Education Scholarship for SC Students:
The terms and conditions to be followed during the scheme are:
- If the number of Scholars in 1st year is less than the number of seats allocated to a particular institute, then the slots will equally be transferred to 2nd, 3rd and 4th years.
- The Scholarship shall be canceled if the student fails to obtain a pass mark in the final examination of each year.
- The Top Class Institutions notified under the Top Class Education Scheme are:
- All the IITs, IIMs IIITs, NIFTs, NIDs AIIMS, NITs, National Law Universities, Indian Institute of Hotel Management, and other Central Government Institutions.
- A++ and A+ Accredited Institutions listed under National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Top 100 Institutions of National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
- MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development) recognized Institutions of National Importance.
- In case of Type Rating and Commercial Pilot Training Courses, all Government or CPSE run institutes, approved by Director General of Civil Aviation shall come under Top Class Institutes.
- Any institute not participating in the Scheme for 3 years shall be removed from the list.
- The Scholarship will be implemented immediately after the student takes admission or start attending classes.
- All types of allowance and reimbursements will be directly credited to the beneficiaries account through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- All kind of progress reports of the SC student shall be monitored and forwarded to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 0120-6619540