|Conducted By||Ministry of Education, Singapore|
|Eligibility||Class 10 pass-outs|
|Region||India and other Asian countries|
|Rewards||Up to SGD 2400 per annum|
|Last Date of Application||November 30, 2021|
What is the SIA Youth Scholarship?
The SIA Youth Scholarship is an initiative of the Ministry of Education, Singapore that provides financial assistance to students belonging to Asian countries, China, and India to pursue pre-university studies in select junior colleges in Singapore. The aim of the scholarship is to give the students an opportunity to broaden their horizons and develop leadership, communication, and other life skills and thus promote goodwill and understanding among the students from different countries and Singapore. The scholarship application deadline is July 28, 2020.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- SIA Youth Scholarship Key Dates
- SIA Youth Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- SIA Youth Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- SIA Youth Scholarship Application Process
- SIA Youth Scholarship Documents Required
- SIA Youth Scholarship Selection Process
- SIA Youth Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- SIA Youth Scholarship Contact Details
SIA Youth Scholarship Key Dates:
The key dates for the SIA Youth Scholarship application are given below:
SIA Youth Scholarship Application Start Date
June 24, 2020
SIA Youth Scholarship Application Last Date
July 28, 2020
Date of the Selection Test
Date of the Selection Interview
Award of the SIA Youth Scholarship
Early November 2020
The arrival of the Scholar in Singapore
SIA Youth Scholarship Singapore Eligibility Criteria:
The SIA Youth Scholarship Singapore is awarded to Indian students willing to pursue pre-university education in Singapore. The other eligibility criteria for the scholarship application are given below:
- The applicant should be a National of India.
- He/ she should be born between the years 2001 and 2003.
- The candidate should have passed Class 10 in the year 2020.
- The student should have an excellent academic record.
- The applicant should have scored an average of at least 85% marks/ a minimum ‘A’ grade in the Class 10 State/ National examinations with English as a first language.
SIA Youth Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The benefits granted by the SIA Youth Scholarship are listed below:
- The scholarship amount is provided for 2 years duration leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education- Advanced Level (GCE- ‘A’ Level) or equivalent certificate.
- The scholars receive an annual allowance of 2400 Singapore Dollars along with hostel accommodation.
- Every selected candidate gets a return economy class air passage.
- Settling-in allowance of 500 Singapore Dollars is given to all the selected students.
- The candidates are provided with complete school fee coverage.
- He/ she receives subsidized medical benefits and an accident insurance cover.
- The GCE A-Level examination fee of the scholar is covered (one time only).
SIA Youth Scholarship Application Process:
The application process for the SIA Youth Scholarship 2021 is done online through the SIA Scholarships portal. The step by step application process is given below:
- Interested candidates should visit the SIA Scholarships India online portal.
- He/ she should click on the ‘Register’ button to register on the portal as a new user.
- The candidate should select the scholarship for applying and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- The students should fill in all the required personal details and a valid email ID and click on ‘Register’.
- After successful registration, an acknowledgment email is sent to the email ID provided by the applicant.
- The applicant should verify the email ID by following the instructions link provided in the email.
- After verification, the applicant should log in to the scholarship portal using the registered email ID and password to proceed with the application process.
- Finally, the candidate should attach all the required documents along with the application and ‘Submit’ the SIA Youth Scholarship application form to complete the application process.
SIA Youth Scholarship Documents Required:
The important documents to be certified and attached along with the SIA Youth Scholarship are listed below:
- Birth certificate of the candidate (in English)
- Identity Proof/ Passport
- Report card of Class 9 and Class 10 State/ National level examination result
SIA Youth Scholarship Selection Process:
The deserving candidates are initially selected based on their academic performance. The other selection criteria and the detailed selection process is explained below:
- Exceptional academic record
- Performance in the Selection Test
- Personal Interview Conduct
- All the submitted scholarship applications are initially screened for the academic record.
- Most of the applications are screened out at this stage.
- The candidates shortlisted based on the academic record go through the Selection Test.
- The candidates are tested on Mathematics, General Ability/ Mental Ability, and some English language questions.
- The admit card for the Selection Test is issued 2-3 weeks before the examination.
- The Mathematics section of the test is challenging as Class 11 level questions are also included in the test.
- The Selection test is conducted in Delhi in the month of September.
- The students who clear the Selection Test are called in for the interview session.
- The notification for the interview is sent one week prior to the interview date.
- The interview takes place in the month of October.
- Only the selected candidates are notified about the selection.
- If the applicant does not receive any notification about the Test/ Interview, it is likely that he/ she has not passed through the initial academic screening.
SIA Youth Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
The terms and conditions of the SIA Youth Scholarship are given below:
- The applicants are allowed to fill only one form per year.
- The students shortlisted for the Selection Test/ Interview are notified at least 1 week in advance.
- The selection test/ interview is to be held at Delhi and only the shortlisted students are notified about the selection.
- The scholarship is provided for 2-years of pre-university education at select Singapore Junior Colleges.
- The scholarship renewal is done annually based on the academic and overall performance of the candidates.
- The candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria but have applied for the scholarship in the previous years should use a new email ID in order to reapply for the scholarship.
- Contact Number: +65 6872 2220
- Address: School Placement & Scholarships Branch, Ministry of Education, Singapore,
1 North Buona Vista Drive, Podium Block, Singapore-138675