|Conducted By||Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council and Sikh Human Development Foundation|
|Eligibility||Sikh students pursuing professional degree/diploma courses|
|Rewards||Upto INR 33,000|
|Last Date of Application||July 30, 2021|
SHDF scholarship, or the Sikh Human Development Foundation Scholarship, was started by the Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council for the benefit of bright students who belong to economically backward families of Punjab and other states of North India. More than 7,000 scholarships have been granted to needy students till now, out of which around three quarters are to Indian girl students during the past 20 years who are in critical need of funds for pursuing higher education.
Table of Content
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply for the SHDF Scholarship?
- Documents Required
- Contact Details
|Check Other Important Scholarships in India|
|State wise Scholarships|
|Discipline Level Scholarships|
|Category wise Scholarships|
|Class wise Scholarships|
|Course wise Scholarships|
SHDF scholarship scheme, also known as NISHKAM, is a great step towards the betterment of the students belonging to the Sikh Community. There is a well-conducted selection process to get the benefits of this scholarship program. The SHDF scholarship eligibility criteria are summarised in the following points.
- The applicant should be undertaking a professional diploma/degree or postgraduate courses from a well-recognized university or institute in India.
- He/she must have secured a minimum of 60% marks in the last two examinations of study.
- The annual family earnings of the candidate applying for the SHDF scholarship from all sources must not go beyond INR 2,50,000.
SHDF scholarship scheme 2022 was initiated by Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council, New Delhi, in collaboration with Sikh Human Development Foundation, U.S.A. The beneficiaries of this scholarship program include brilliant students who are orphans, children of widows, parents who are suffering from prolonged diseases, Gurudwara sewadars, farmers, household servants, female tailors, and so on. The following is the SHDF scholarship amount granted under this scholarship scheme.
- The students selected to avail the benefits of SHDF scholarship grant will receive up to INR 33,000 annually for pursuing any professional degree or diploma course.
- To continue getting the benefits, applicants must provide a renewal application for SHDF scholarship.
How to Apply for the SHDF Scholarship?
Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council SHDF scholarship is a boon for talented students from economically disadvantaged families. Most of the selected students belong to rural areas living in extreme poverty. This scholarship has transformed the lives of the beneficiaries, their families, and even the Sikh community. The step-wise application procedure to claim SHDF scholarship is mentioned underneath.
Step 1: The candidates, first of all, have to visit the official website of the Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council, New Delhi.
Step 2: On the SHDF scholarship portal home page, there is a tab for the recent news & updates section where the applicant has to select “scholarship application form for new cases- 2021-22”.
Step 3: By clicking on the link mentioned above, a PDF file with the SHDF scholarship details and the application form will be opened.
Step 4: The candidates must take the printout of the SHDF scholarship application form in the same format and start filling it carefully in their handwriting.
Please note that the form should not have any dots or dashes.
Step 5: The applicants should fill in the application form carefully and attach all the mandatory authentic SHDF scholarship documents.
Step 6: Finally, they must enclose the SHDF scholarship online form in a cover mentioning “SHDF Scholarships” and post it through registered/speed post or courier at the below-mentioned address before the SHDF scholarship 2022 last date.
SHDF scholarship 2022 has provided the youth of India an opportunity to become financially independent and motivated to pursue their dream careers. The students who benefit from the SHDF scholarship have already got good professional jobs in fields like IT, Medicine, Engineering, Architecture, etc. The application form to claim this scholarship will require some additional valid SHDF scholarship documents, a list of which is provided below.
- Recent photographs of the applicant
- Mark sheet copies of class 10th class examination
- DMC/attested copies of professional courses by a Gazetted officer.
- Copies of fee receipts
- Family income certificate
- Photocopy of the front page of the passbook/cancelled cheque
- Report from college/ institute authorities duly signed by the HEAD OF THE COLLEGE/INSTITUTE with date and stamp in prescribed format
The basic objective of the SHDF scholarship conducted by Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council, New Delhi, and Sikh Hindu Development Foundation is to financially help the Sikh students from low-income families in Punjab state. However, such students from other North Indian states may also benefit from this scholarship program. To know more about the scheme, the interested students may check out the below-given contact details.
For more details, visit our Scholarships 2022 Directory.