|Conducted By||Ministry of Tribal Affairs|
|Eligibility||Indian Students in need of financial aid who belong to Schedule Cast Category|
|Rewards||INR 4800 per year and Tuition Fee|
|Last Date of Application||November 30, 2021|
Post Matric Scholarship Summary:
The Post Matric Scholarship is provided by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs to the students who belong to Scheduled Tribe. The scholarship is funded by the Central Government and administered by the State and Union Territory Governments. The scheme offers professional and technical courses as well as non- professional and non-technical courses at various levels. It also includes correspondence courses covering distance and continuing education.
Objectives of Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students:
- The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to the students of ST who are studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage so that they can complete their education without any financial pressure.
- The scheme aims to provide equal growth and opportunities to the ST students in the field of education.
Salient Features of Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students :
- It is a Centrally sponsored scheme that is administered by the State and Union Territory Governments.
- 100% Central assistance over the liability of the State Governments /UTs from the Government of India.
- The scholarship is available for studies in India only.
- The State /UT to which the applicant belongs presents the scholarship to the student.
- The scheme also includes Central assistance to State and UTs for setting up of book banks.
Post Matric Scholarship Quick Links:
- Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards/ Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility for post matric scholarship is mentioned below.
- The scholarship is available only for the candidates who belong to the ST ( Scheduled Tribe) category.
- The candidate must be an Indian.
- Scholarships are paid to candidates whose parents /guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed INR 2.50 lakh per annum.
- \Candidates of Scheduled Tribe who have passed matriculation or higher secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Secondary Education Board are eligible.
- The scholarships are available for candidates who are willing to study in any recognized post matriculation or post-secondary courses in recognized institutions except certain identified training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Courses, Private Pilot Licence courses, etc.
- Candidates studying through Correspondence courses are eligible.
- Employed students on leave without any pay for the entire duration of a full-time course are eligible.
- The candidate who has been awarded the scholarship should not hold any other scholarship /stipend.
- Students who have acquired coaching in any pre-examination training centers with some form of financial assistance from the Government are not eligible.
Other Conditions :
- The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress of the scholar. If it is reported by the Head of the Institution that the scholar has failed to make progress or has been found guilty in some misconduct, then the authority sanctioning the scholarship can terminate the scholarship or cancel the funding for a certain time period.
- If the student has been found to have obtained the scholarship by providing false information then the scholarship will be terminated and the student will be blacklisted /debarred from obtaining any other scholarship scheme.
- The scholarship awarded may be canceled if the scholar changes the subject of his /her course of study for which the scholarship was originally awarded or changes the Institution without prior approval of the State Government.
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students Rewards:
- The scholarship includes payment of expenses for the tuition fees and other compulsory fees to be paid to the institution by the scholar.
- The scholarship offers monthly maintenance allowance which depends upon the course and the status (whether they are hostellers or day scholars) of the scholars. The information of the allowance paid to the students as per their selected course and status is given below in the table.
- Daily scholarships are provided depending on groups which are explained in detail on the official website.
- Annual Allowance: INR1600 will be given to the scholar for expenses of essentials, books, etc.
- Study Tour Charges: INR 1600 will be paid to the scholar as Study Tour allowance.
- The research students will get INR 1600 for typing of thesis and printing expenses.
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students Application Process:
- The candidates can apply for the scholarship through National Scholarship Portal on https://scholarships.gov.in/
- The candidate must submit the supporting documents like Aadhar card copy, mark sheet, etc.
- The candidate must fill in the mandatory details like income declaration, employment status of the parents, etc.
- The candidate must apply for the scholarship before the deadline given in the portal.
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students Selection process:
- All the eligible candidates will be given scholarships.
- Candidates who belong to one state but study in another state will be awarded scholarships by the state they originally belong to.
- On the basis of course undertaken by the candidate, it can be defined from which group he /she belongs to and how much money will be funded by the scholarship ( refer to the table above).
Announcement of the Scholarship :
The details of the scheme and the invitation to apply for the scholarship will be issued by all the State Governments in India in May - June, through advertisements in leading newspapers and other media outlets.
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students Contact Details:
- Help Desk Phone Number: 0120 - 6619540
- Website: https://scholarships.gov.in/home