|Conducted By||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disability|
|Eligibility||Students of class 11 to Post-graduate/ Diploma|
|Rewards||Maintenance, Book, and Disability Allowance|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
The Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities (SwDs) 2020-21 is conducted by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disability (DEPD) under Government of India in order to financially support disabled students studying in class 11 to Post-graduate degree or Diploma courses recognized by AICTE or UGC.
Students with at least 40 percent disability with a maximum family annual income of INR 2.50 lakh (Two lakh fifty thousand) can apply for the Scholarship Scheme through the National Scholarship Portal before 31 December 2020. Beneficiaries will be granted with allowances for maintenance, book, and disability.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for the ease-of-access are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Scholarship Renewal
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Important Documents
- Additional Details
- Important Dates
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact Details
Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Eligibility Criteria:
The Scholarship is open for all post-matriculation and post-secondary courses in government or government recognized institutions:
- The Scholarship Scheme is open to Indian students only.
- Students with more than 40 percent disability are eligible to apply.
- The overall family annual income should not exceed INR 2, 50,000 (Two lakh fifty thousand).
- The applicant must be studying in class 11 upto post-graduate or diploma.
- More than two persons with disability from the same family of the same parents are not encouraged to apply.
- Scholars benefiting under any other Scheme are not eligible to apply.
- Employed students with family income less than that of the Scholarship amount can apply for the Scheme.
- Students completed one stream and studying in the same stream (E.g. BA after B.Com.) are not eligible to apply.
Note: 50 percent of the total Scholarships are reserved for girl students.
Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Rewards and Benefits:
The Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme provides allowances for maintenance, disability, and books. The Scheme disburses the reimbursement of non-refundable fees:
For class 11 or 12 and all other non-degree pot-matriculation levels (As per Group 4 of DEPD Guidelines):
- INR 900 per month for hostellers and INR 550 per month for day scholars.
For all degree courses under Group 3:
- INR 950 per month for hostellers and INR 650 per month for day scholars.
For all professional courses under Group 2:
- INR 1100 per month for hostellers and 700 per month for day scholars.
For all post-graduate/Degree or Diploma courses under Group 1:
- INR 1600 per month for hostellers and INR 750 per month for day scholars.
Note: Refer to the Post-Matric Scholarship DEPD Guidelines for various courses under Groups.
The allowances for various disabilities are categorized as follows:
|S No:||Type of Disability||Amount per year|
|1||Visually impaired||INR 4000|
|3||Physically disabled||INR 2000|
|4||Intellectual disability||INR 4000|
|5||All other types of disability||INR 2000|
- INR 1500 per year will be granted as book allowance for all category scholars.
- The compulsory non-refundable fees will be reimbursed excluding the caution money, security deposit, etc.
Application Process for Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities:
Eligible students can apply online for the Post-Matric Disability Scheme:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal.
- Click on New Registration on the home page.
- Read and Agree to the terms and conditions and click on Continue.
- Enter the Scholarship details and personal details.
- Enter the Bank Details such as bank name, IFSC, account number, etc.
- Click on Register button after giving Aadhar number/ Bank account number as identification details.
- An OTP number will be generated once the mobile number gets verified.
- Log in with the OTP number and fill the form.
- Application ID and Password will be given for future reference.
Note: Candidates are advised to fill the form correctly, hence no changes can be made once the application is submitted. The Scholarship management shall not encourage multiple applications as it will lead to the form cancellation.
Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Selection Process:
Scholars are selected based on the following process and parameters:
- Once the applications are successfully submitted, the Nodal officer will scrutinize each application on the behalf of concerned State Government.
- The final selection will be taken by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities based on the number of available slots in a State.
- The State Educational Departments recommendation is also crucial for the candidate shortlisting.
- Order of Preference for candidate selection:
- Percentage of marks in the previous final examination.
- Percentage of Disability (High Disability percentage).
- Age preference (Older applicant will get preference).
The specified conditions for the Scholarship Reservations are as follows:
- 50 percent of allowance scheme is earmarked for girl students with disabilities. The absence in filling up the quota will transfer the quota to male candidates.
- If the number of Scholarships in a particular State or Union Territory is not utilized then the un-utilized slots will be allocated to other States or Union territories.
The Scholarship shall be renewed on the basis of satisfactory progress and good conduct of the student:
- The Scholar must maintain regularity in attendance to avail Scholarship renewal.
- The student must be successfully promoted to the next higher class.
- If a student from the Group 1 courses fails for the first time, the Scholarship may be renewed and for the subsequent failure, an in-class student shall bear the expenses until he/ she promotes to the next higher class.
- If a Scholar fails to appear in the final examination due to illness or any other unforeseeable situations, the Scholarship Renewal may be generated for the next year on the basis of submission of medical proof or other satisfactory proof.
Below mentioned is the list of documents required for the Scholarship Scheme:
- Photograph of the applicant.
- Birth Certificate or any valid proof of age.
- Disability Certificate.
- Family Income Certificate.
- Fee receipt.
- Mark sheet of the previous final examination.
- Bank account details.
Scholarship Additional Details:
Publicity of the Scheme:
The Scheme will be announced by the concerned State/Union Territory administration through the suitable means of public media and website to bring the information to the target group.
Administrative expenses are the expenses carried out by the Ministry in order to obtain skilled personnel for the required operations of Pre-Metric Disability Scholarship Scheme. As the number of data is vast and the process is time taking, qualified people are mandatory to process and analyze data.
Expenses for the physical requirement such as office, computers, furniture, and employees are considered as Administrative Expenses. The Ministry has allocated a maximum of 3 percent of the total budget of the Scholarship to meet the administrative and other required costs.
Mode of Scholarship Disbursal
The Scholarship Scheme implements through the National Scholarship Portal. The Scholarship amount will be directly credited to the beneficiaries account through PFMS (Public Finance Management System) system and the Monitoring will be done by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
Post-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Important Dates:
- Last date of application: 31 December, 2020.
- Last date of defective verification: 15 January, 2021.
- Last date of institute verification: 15 January, 2021.
Terms and Conditions:
The terms and conditions to be followed during the tenure of the scholarship are:
- The Scholarship will not be disbursed on the period of horsemanship or internship in MBBS courses or any practical training period of other courses.
- The maintenance allowance will be disbursed from 1st April or from the month of admission.
- The Scholarship shall be canceled in case the student change the subject of the course.
- Under the observance of any false statement, Scholarship will be canceled and the amount shall be recovered, also the Scholar will be debarred from future Scholarship Schemes.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 0120-6619540