|Conducted By||Andhra Pradesh Government|
|Eligibility||Candidates belong to SC/ ST, BC, Kapu, Minority, Brahmin and EBC who are appearing for UPSC Prelims|
|Rewards||Financial Assistance upto INR 1,50,000|
|Last Date of Application||November 30, 2021|
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme recently renamed as YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme Is provided by the Kapu Welfare and Development Corporation. The Vidyonnathi scheme provides financial assistance to students from SC/ ST, BC, Kapu, Minority, Brahmin and EBC in order to appear for the UPSC prelims. The scheme was introduced by the Government of Andhra Pradesh in the year of 2015 to provide quality education to Civil Service aspirants.
The NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme has benefitted over 3850 aspirants. Candidates are advised to apply before the application deadline. The NTR Vidyonnathi notification is sent out on the official website. The scholarship award is upto INR 1,50,000 of financial assistance for the shortlisted candidates.
Vidyonnathi Scheme Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Important Documents
- Selection Process
- Terms and Conditions
- Mode of Payment
- Contact Details
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme Eligibility Criteria:
As the new cabinet is formed in Andhra Pradesh, it has been observed that the NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme has renamed to YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme. In order to avail the scholarship allowance, certain parameters need to be satisfied by the candidate, and they are listed below:
- The student must be a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- Applicant should hold a graduate degree from a recognized institution/ must be in the final year of any graduate program
- The student must belong to SC/ ST, BC, Kapu, Minority, Brahmin or EBC Community.
- Annual Family Income of the candidate must not exceed INR 6,00,000.
- Candidates' age must qualify as per mentioned in the UPSC guidelines.
- He/ She must fulfill the age limit including the upper age limit mentioned by the Vidyonnathi Scholarship Scheme.
- Candidates who are benefiting any other government scholarships are not eligible for the scholarship scheme
- Student scholars of the previous NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme are not eligible for the new scholarship.
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme Rewards and Benefits:
Selected scholars for YSR Vidyonnathi Scheme will be entitled to the following rewards:
- Eligible students will be awarded a scholarship allowance for buying books, stationery, lodging allowance, etc.
- INR 1,50,000 will be granted as financial assistance for the prelims and mains training course of 9 to 12 months. This amount is directly credited to the institute's account.
- Selected candidates are eligible to avail INR 10,000 for 9 months as an allowance to buy books, stationery, lodging, etc.
- One Time travel allowance of INR 2000 per student will be paid as Civil Service Coaching for the entire course period.
- For candidates appearing for the UPSC exam in New Delhi, accommodation at AP Bhavan is provided on payment basis.
Application Process NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme:
Candidates can apply for the scholarship by the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme.
- Submit the Online Application link.
- Fill up all the required details.
- Upload all the required supporting documents.
- Review the details.
- Click the Submit button.
- Take a print out of the application after saving the acknowledgment.
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme Important Documents:
Candidates are advised to upload all the required documents while applying:
- Passport size photo
- Family Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Aadhar Card copy
- Birth Certificate
- Degree or equivalent examination pass mark sheet
- Scanned Signature of the candidate
- Disability Certificate for PH students
- Bank Passbook copy
NTR Vidyonnathi Scheme Selection Process:
The selection process is based on the following factors:
- There will be an entrance exam for the first stage of the selection process.
- Interested candidates applied online should appear for the examination.
- In NTR Vidyonnathi 2017, almost 48,000 candidates appeared for the exam and 3850 students were shortlisted.
- The selection criteria are based on the reservations and cut-off marks.
- The merit list of NTR Vidyonnathi is published on the official website.
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh is responsible for filtering the merit students and allotting them into various coaching institutes.
Terms and Conditions for the Coaching Institution:
The conditions to be satisfied in terms of coaching institute criteria is mentioned below:
- The Institute must be having a minimum of 10 years’ experience and a good track of record.
- Excellent Faculties must be present at the institute.
- The Institute should maintain a good infrastructure including libraries and other study materials.
- The Institute has to be in a good environment.
Mode of Payment:
The coaching fee for the candidate is released by the Government of Andhra Pradesh:
- First Instalment of the fee will be provided once the student's report has been verified from the institute
- The second Instalment will be given after the completion of the coaching.
Note: Candidate's attendance shall be scrutinized by the Director of the AP study circle, the student must obtain 90 percent of attendance while pursuing the coaching.
Phone Number: 7331172075, 7331172076.
Email ID: [email protected]