|Conducted By||North-South Foundation|
|Eligibility||Students should have passed class X, class XII and hold ranks in JEE/NEET/CET|
|Rewards||Up to INR 25,000|
|Last Date of Application||January 31, 2022|
The NSF scholarship is a merit-cum-means scholarship based in Illinois (USA). The north-south foundation provides the NSF scholarship to students enrolling on engineering, medical and diploma (in engineering) courses. The scholarship is offered based on the candidate's academic merit and financial need. Eligible candidates should submit the applications within the last date for NSF scholarship, which is January 31st, 2022.
The foundation offers financial aid through the NSF India scholarship until the candidates complete their graduation courses. However, they should maintain high academic standards throughout the programme. The candidates can apply and track the NSF scholarship status by logging into the official website.
Table of Contents
- NSF Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- NSF Scholarship Rewards
- How to Apply for the NSF Scholarship?
- How to Renew the NSF Scholarship?
- NSF Scholarship Important Documents
- NSF Scholarship Selection Process
- NSF Scholarship Process & Timelines
- NSF Scholarship Contact Details
NSF Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Besides passing the class XII exam, the applicants should also be rank holders in the entrance exams to apply for the NSF graduate scholarship. However, the diploma students who want to avail the benefits of the NSF scholarship should have cleared the class X board exams. The North-South Foundation (NSF) has uniform eligibility criteria based on which the students are selected. The NSF scholarship requirements are as follows:
- Should have passed the class X or class XII exams and be among the top 10%.
- Should hold ranks in the CET, NEET or JEE exams in their respective states.
- Family income should not exceed INR 1,00,000
- The NSF scholarship for graduate students invites applications from those who have enrolled in one of the courses:
- Medicine (MBBS, BAMS, and BDS)
- B.Sc in nursing
- B.Sc in agriculture
- The students studying a diploma course in engineering or agriculture can apply for the NSF scholarship.
- The applicants should be pursuing diploma courses in a government or government-aided college.
NSF Scholarship Rewards
The candidates can receive the benefits of the NSF undergraduate scholarship until the completion of their course. However, they should maintain good grades. The selected students will receive an amount ranging from INR 8,000 to INR 25,000. They should not be receiving any other financial aid or scholarship at the time of application.
Due to COVID-19, the North-South Foundation (NSF) has not accepted any new applications. However, NSF will pay the scholarship amount of 2020-21 to the current academic year 2021-22. Therefore, the selected students will receive a scholarship amount of two years in 2021-22.
How to Apply for the NSF Scholarship?
The interested candidates can apply online for the North South Foundation NSF scholarship at chapter levels in India. The NSF scholarship last date is January 31st, 2021. The NSF scholarship application form has eight sections: personal details, current education, past education, family members, expenses, statements, photos, and declarations. The candidates should fill all the fields in the admission form. Given below is the stepwise procedure to apply for the NSF scholarship:
Step 1 - The candidates should visit the official NSF scholarship website.
Step 2 - They should click on 'India login'.
Step 3 - The freshers applying for thr first time should click on the 'applicant' section.
Step 4 - They should read the terms and conditions and click on if you are a new user, click here.
Step 5 - Now, the candidate should fill in the details to complete the NSF scholarship registration.
Note: Their active email ID will be the username.
Step 6 - They can now fill the online application form.
Step 7 - Candidates should answer all the questions in the statements tab.
Step 8 - They should upload the required documents.
Step 9 - The applicants should click on 'save'.
Step 10 - They can view the 'submit' button after clicking on 'save' in the declaration tab.
Step 11 - Candidates should click on 'submit' to complete the online application process.
Note: They will receive a copy of their application (in PDF format) from [email protected] to their registered email ID.
How to Renew the NSF Scholarship?
The candidates should renew their scholarships every year until they complete their course. They can renew by logging into the NSF scholarship website using their registered email/ username and password. Additionally, they should attach the necessary documents for verification and approval. The candidates should submit the applications within the NSF scholarship renewal 2021 last date. The steps to apply for renewal are as follows:
Step 1 - The candidates should visit the official NSF page to renew the NSF scholarship.
Step 2 - They should click on 'India login'.
Step 3 - Now, they should click on the 'applicant-student who is applying for scholarship' tab.
Step 4 - The candidates should enter the registered email ID and password to complete the NSF scholarship login process.
Step 5 - They should click on the 'file renewal application'.
Step 6 - The applicants should fill in the NSF scholarship renewal form.
Step 7 - They can now click on 'submit & print PDF'.
Step 8 - The candidates should print the renewal form and send it, with the documents, to the nearest chapter coordinator's office.
Note: The renewal applicants can directly mail the NSF scholarship 2021 applications to the Hyderabad office at [email protected].
Note: The candidates can enter three types of marks systems. They are:
- Grade system
- Percentage system
- Point system
NSF Scholarship Important Documents
The candidates should ensure that all the documents contain accurate and factual information. While applying for the NSF scholarship online, the candidates should upload the documents under the declaration tab. Given below is a list of the essential documents:
- Admission card from the college
- The candidate's CET/ JEE/ NEET scorecard
- Their bonafide certificate from the college
- Class X and Class XII mark sheets
- The college should issue the tuition fee's receipt that is paid or payable by the candidate.
- Income certificate issued by the competent authorities
- Ration/ Aadhaar card
- The candidate's two passport size photos
- A picture of the family standing in front of their house
- If the CET/ JEE/ NEET scorecard does not mention the reservation class, then the students should submit a reservation class card that is duly certified.
NSF Scholarship Selection Process
Each chapter in India will have a volunteer who acts as the ICC (India Chapter Coordinator). The ICC will be responsible for forming the selection committee, reviewing applications, interviewing applicants, and distributing the NSF scholarship rewards. The candidates are selected primarily based on their academic merit. The selection procedure involves the following:
- The ICC examines the NSF scholarship applications for their respective chapters.
- The shortlisted candidates should attend an interview.
Note: One parent should accompany the candidate. NSF will reimburse the bus or train fares.
- Based on the interview conducted, the selection committee will recommend the candidates to the NSF India coordinator, Hyderabad.
- The selection committee will decide the final list of candidates after the NSF India coordinator's and the US scholarship team's approval.
- The selected students will receive their NSF scholarship fund in an award ceremony organised by the North-South Foundation (NSF).
Note: The NSF scholarship amount is not a one-time payment. The foundation will pay the students every year until they complete their studies.
NSF Scholarship Process & Timelines
The NSF scholarship process involves nine steps. The reader can refer to the table below to know the different NSF scholarship stages and timelines.
|NSF scholarship announcement through local media and schools||April to June|
|Candidates should send the details and request for the NSF scholarship application||June to August|
|The coordinator screens the requests and sends applications to candidates||June to August|
|Candidates should submit the applications, income certificates and mark sheets||June to August|
|ICC forms a selection panel, interviews and shortlists candidates||September|
|Interviewing candidates for the NSF scholarship||September to October|
|ICC forwarding recommendations to the NSF India coordinator, Hyderabad||October to November|
|Further clarifications (if required) by NSF India coordinator and US scholarship team||October to November|
|Processing NSF scholarship renewals||August to October|
|Awards ceremony to honour the selected candidates||December to January|
NSF Scholarship Contact Details
In case of any queries regarding the NSF scholarship, the candidates can reach out to the following people:
Nageshwar Rao - Nation Coordinator of NSF foundation Scholarship
- Phone: 040-2335 6368
- Email ID: [email protected]
Ganesh Dasari - NSF Scholarship India Lead
- Phone: 01-713-201-4261
- Email ID: [email protected]
NSF (North South Foundation) Scholarship FAQs
What is a declaration by the principal?
The candidates will receive a PDF form after submitting the NSF scholarship online application, and there will be a section called 'declaration by the principal' on the last page. The candidates should get this section filled by their college principal.
How can I modify the NSF scholarship application form after submitting it?
The candidates can contact the numbers provided in the contact details to modify their NSF scholarship application form.
What if I don't have class X and class XII fee receipt?
The students from government schools need not submit their fee receipts while applying for the NSF scholarship. However, if they haven't studied in a government school, they should submit the following documents:
- The candidates should get a letter from their school headmaster or principal.
- They can provide the income certificate instead of the ration card.