|Conducted By||North South Foundation|
|Eligibility||Class 12 pass-outs|
|Rewards||Up to INR 25,000|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2020|
What is the NSF Scholarship?
The NorthSouth Foundation (NSF) Scholarship is provided to meritorious, economically backward students of India willing to pursue professional courses at the UG level such as Engineering, medicine or 3-year Polytechnic (Engineering Diploma). It is a US-funded scholarship for the benefit of the Indian students. Over 1500 students benefit from the scholarship each year on a merit-cum-means basis.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- NSF Scholarship Application Timeline
- NSF Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- NSF Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- NSF Scholarship Application Process
- NSF Scholarship Documents Required
- NSF Scholarship Selection Process
- NSF Scholarship Contact Details
NSF Scholarship Application Timeline:
The complete NSF scholarship application timeline is given below:
- Every year around April- June, a formal announcement of the NSF Scholarship is made in press/ social media and in schools.
- Within August, a list of candidates should be sent by the school authorities to apply for the scholarship.
- The final deadline to send in the completed applications is the last week of August.
- The reviewing and shortlisting of the selected candidates is done by September.
- By October, the selected candidates are called in for a personal interview by the Indian Chapter Coordinator.
- The list of selected candidates after the interview is sent to the NSF India Coordinator by November.
- The NSF India Coordinator and the US Scholarship team together review all the selected candidates and perform verification. The final list of candidates who are selected for the scholarship is prepared by the end of November.
- In December and January, the selected candidates are awarded with the scholarship in an exclusive award ceremony.
NSF Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria are common across all the chapters in India where the NSF has scholarship centers and conducts exams for selection. The eligibility criteria to qualify for the NSF Scholarship are listed below:
- The candidate should be in the top 10% in Class 10 and Class 12 examination and also in their CET/ JEE rank in the state.
- The applicant should be pursuing any one of the professional courses like Engineering/ MBBS/ BAMS/ Dental/ Polytechnic/ BSc Agriculture/ Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences/ BPharm/ BSc Nursing/ Diploma in Engineering/ Diploma in Agriculture from a government/ government-aided college.
- The candidate should have received the Class 12 results and should have secured admission in a professional course.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed INR 1,00,000 from all sources.
- The candidate should not be receiving any other scholarship at the time of applying/ receiving the NSF scholarship.
- The students who studied at government school/ college are given higher preference over others.
- The applicants who have sought admission for a professional course at government colleges are given higher preference over others.
- The candidates who secured the first rank in the previous examination in the first attempt are given more preference.
NSF Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The benefits availed by the students selected for the NSF Scholarship are listed below:
- Selected candidates receive variable financial benefits as a part of the NSF Scholarship.
- The candidates get a scholarship amount of INR 8000- INR 25,000 per annum.
- The scholarship amount is given to the students throughout the course on a yearly basis.
- Over 1000 candidates avail of the scholarship every year.
NSF Scholarship Application Process:
The NSF Scholarship application form is accessed and filled online. The stepwise application process is explained below:
- Interested applicants should visit the North South Foundation official website and click on the ‘India Scholarship’ listed under the ‘India Login’ dropdown on the dashboard.
- A new page opens up and the candidate should click on ‘Applicant’ to open the ‘Applicant Login page’.
- The students should read all the information given on the page carefully and should then register as a new user on the NSF site by clicking on ‘New User’.
- The applicant should enter all the valid credentials to register successfully.
- The candidate now receives an activation link in the Email ID provided in the registration step and he/ she should click on that link to complete the registration process.
- The students should log in to the NSF website using the newly created User ID and password and click on ‘File New Submission’ to start the application process.
- The candidate can now access the NSF Scholarship application form which should be filled with all the necessary details such as Student details, Personal details, Education details, Family details, and Financial details.
- The applicant should upload all the supporting documents in the relevant section provided.
- Finally, the candidate should submit the application form to complete the application process.
NSF Scholarship Documents Required:
The important documents to be attached along with the NSF scholarship application form are listed below:
- College admission card
- CET/ JEE/ NEET rank card
- Bonafide certificate from the college into which the applicant has secured admission
- Duly attested marks card from Class 10- Class 12
- Proof of Tuition fees paid/ to be paid duly certified by the college authorities.
- Income certificate issued by the Revenue Officer or any other authority
- Ration card/ Aadhar card
- 2 passport-size photograph
- 1 family photo with the entire family standing in front of the current house of residence.
- Duly certified Caste certificate/ Reservation class certificate(if the entrance exam rank card does not have the reservation class)
NSF Scholarship Selection Process:
The candidates are shortlisted for the scholarship purely based on merit irrespective of caste, gender, religion, and geographic origin. The other selection criteria for the NSF Scholarship are given below:
- The scholarship applications submitted by the applicants are first reviewed by the Coordinator of the Indian chapter.
- The shortlisted candidates are called for a personal interview along with their parents.
- The interview is conducted by the Indian Chapter Coordinator (ICC) and a selection panel.
- Based on the performance in the interview, the selection panel sends its recommendation list to the NSF India Coordinator in Hyderabad.
- The final list of selected candidates is released after the approval of the NSF India Coordinator and US scholarship team.
- The scholarships are awarded to the scholars at the award ceremony organized by the NSF in their honor.
National Coordinator: K Nageshwar Rao