|Conducted By||Directorate of Technical Education, Assam|
|Eligibility||Class 10 to Postgraduate level|
|Rewards||Up to INR 30,000 per annum|
|Last Date of Application||December 30, 2021|
What is the NEC Scholarship?
The North Eastern Council (NEC) scholarship is an initiative of the Directorate of Technical Education, Assam which provides financial assistance to economically backward students of the North Eastern Region (NER) to pursue their higher education through engineering and other professional courses approved by the NEC. The candidates can pursue Diploma/ Certificate courses, UG level degree, PG level degree, Ph.D., and MPhil degree. The students pursuing different disciplines within or outside of the NER but within India can avail of the benefits offered by the NEC scholarship.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- NEC Scholarship Key Dates
- NEC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- NEC Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- NEC Scholarship Application Process
- NEC Scholarship Documents Required
- NEC Scholarship Selection Process
- NEC Scholarship Renewal Process
- NEC Scholarship Results
- NEC Scholarship Contact Details
NEC Scholarship Key Dates:
The important dates for the NEC scholarship application timeline are given below:
NEC Scholarship Application Start Date
NEC Scholarship Application Last Date
30th December 2020
NEC Scholarship Application Verification and Shortlisting of Candidates
15th January 2021
NEC Scholarship Result Declaration
NEC Scholarship Amount Disbursal Date
March 31, 2021
**The dates mentioned are tentative and can be changed at the discretion of the scholarship provider.
NEC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The scholarship is provided to the economically weak students belonging to the North Eastern Region (NER). The other eligibility criteria for the scholarship application are given below:
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of any of the states of the NER.
- The candidates should be academically well qualified for the chosen course from any recognized University/ Institution.
- The general category applicants should have scored at least 70% marks in the last qualifying examination for the chosen course.
- SC/ ST category candidates should have scored at least 60% marks in the last qualifying examination for the chosen course.
- He/ she should be pursuing Diploma/ Certificate courses, Graduate degree, Postgraduate degree, Ph.D., or MPhil degree.
- This Scholarship Details webpage covers the detailed list of courses covered under different levels.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed INR 4,50,000 from all sources.
- The candidate should not be employed and also should not be getting financial assistance from any other sources.
NEC Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The candidates pursuing different courses get different scholarship benefits under the NEC Scholarship scheme. The detailed scholarship benefits are listed below:
|S No.||Course Levels||Scholarship Benefits|
- The MPhil scholarship rewards are generally provided for a period of 1 year and 6 months and can be extended for up to 6 months.
- The Ph.D. rewards and book grants are provided for a period of 3 years and can be extended for 1 more year based on the recommendation of the Head of the respective institution.
NEC Scholarship Application Process:
The NEC scholarship application form is accessed online by October every year. The candidates are required to fill and submit the application form by the mid of November. The step-by-step application process is given below:
- Interested applicants should visit the National Scholarship Portal and click on the ‘New Registration’ tab.
- He/ she should read all the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and then click ‘Continue’.
- The candidate should select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scholarship scheme type, gender, name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
- The applicant should provide the bank details such as Bank Name, IFSC code, and account number.
- The candidate should then select the Aadhar Number or Bank Account Number as an identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- The entered mobile number is verified and an OTP will be generated.
- The applicant should log in to the website using the OTP generated and fill in all the required details in the application form.
- An application ID and password are generated which has to be used for future references.
- The candidate should verify all the details entered as no changes can be made once the application is submitted.
- The applicant should fill in and submit only one application form. Multiple application submissions are rejected by the scholarship committee.
NEC Scholarship Documents Required:
The important documents to be uploaded along with the NEC scholarship application are listed below:
- Recommendation letter from the Head of the Institute
- Permanent Residence certificate
- Undertaking by the candidate that no other scholarship is being availed
- Undertaking by the candidate to refund the scholarship amount in the case of submission of false information
- Attested copies of all the relevant certificates and mark sheets
- Recognition letter of the course and institution where the candidate is currently pursuing education
- Ph.D. and MPhil candidates need to enclose research synopsis
- Income certificate and affidavit for any additional income source
- Attested copy of caste certificate
- Attested copy of domicile certificate
- Age proof such as a Birth certificate or Class 10 board certificate
- Residential proof such as PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhar card/ Electricity bill
- Copy of the first page of the bank passbook
NEC Scholarship Selection Process:
The selection process of the NEC scholarship is explained in detail:
- NEC Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship. Candidates are selected primarily based on merit.
- The scholarship considers the academic merit prescribed for each of the courses for the final selection of candidates.
- The State Government of the respective North-Eastern state is responsible for the selection of the candidates after the proper advertisement.
- The selection procedure displayed in the Annexure 5 of the official scholarship notification also needs to be followed.
- The stipulated stipend amount is disbursed by the State Government directly to the respective institute of the candidate.
- The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) begins the scrutinization of the scholarship applications by December every year.
- The list of the shortlisted candidates is prepared by January every year.
- After the final selection, the sanctioned scholarship amount is drawn within March 31 every year.
- The scholarship amount is disbursed to the selected candidates through ECS Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
NEC Scholarship Renewal Process:
The scholars need to renew the scholarship every year for a period of 1 year i.e. from 1st of April of the current year to 31st March of the next year. The detailed renewal criteria to be fulfilled in order to apply for the scholarship renewal is given below:
- The renewal candidates should get the scholarship renewal form from the respective state government and he/ she should fill it up in the prescribed format.
- The student should also get a recommendation letter from the head of the institute to renew the scholarship.
- The recommendation letter is obtained strictly based on the satisfactory progress of the scholar.
- The failure in the academic year results in the discontinuation of the stipend for the entire period.
- The future renewal of the scholarship is recommended only from the date of clearance to the next higher class/ semester.
- The sanction order along with the statement for renewal of the scholarship should be submitted to the NEC.
The detailed renewal process is explained below:
- The renewal candidates should visit the NEC Scholarship official website to renew the application.
- He/ she should log in to the website using the email ID and password and edit the old application form which exists in the National Scholarship Portal.
- The Ph.D./ MPhil renewal candidates should enclose the latest progress report provided by the guide and attested by the Registrar.
- The students should then submit the NEC Scholarship renewal form to the respective Head of the Institution for the recommendation.
- Finally, the Head of the Institution recommends if the application is renewed for the next year or not forwarded for renewal.
NEC Scholarship Results:
- All the applications received along with the supporting documents will be scrutinized and shortlisted by December every year.
- The results of the NCE scholarship is published on the official website of DTE, Assam by January every year.
- DTE prepares the final list of selected candidates by January every year.
- The candidates should check the final list to confirm their chances of receiving the scholarship.
- After declaring the scholarship results, the sanctioned amount for the NEC scholarship is drawn by the end of March.
- The scholarship amount is disbursed to the selected candidates by the DTE, Assam on March 31, 2021.
- Address: Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Kahilipara, Guwahati, Assam- 781019
- Helpline Number: +91-361-2382276
- Email ID: [email protected]