|Conducted By||Science and Engineering Research Board [SERB]|
|Eligibility||Indian students below 35 years who have obtained their Ph.D. or submitted their thesis|
|Rewards||Up to INR 55,000 per month fellowship and INR 3,00,000 for research grant and overheads|
|Last Date of Application||April 13, 2020|
National Post Doctoral Fellowship [N-PDF] Summary:
This scholarship is awarded by the Science and Engineering Research Board [SERB] to Indian postdoctoral applicants. The fellowship aims to support talented and motivated young researchers by assisting them in conducting research in science and engineering. The fellows work under a mentor to assist them in gaining experience and adequate skills required for development as an independent researcher. The fellowship is temporary and its tenure is 2 years.
National Post Doctoral Fellowship Quick Links:
- National Post Doctoral Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- National Post Doctoral Fellowship Rewards/ Benefits
- National Post Doctoral Fellowship Application Process
- National Post Doctoral Fellowship Selection Process
- National Post Doctoral Fellowship Contact Details
National Post Doctoral Fellowship Eligibility Criteria:
The National Post Doctoral Fellowship eligibility is as mentioned below:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate should have completed a Ph.D./ M.D/ M.S degree from a recognized university.
- The upper limit of the fellowship is 35 years at the time of application submission.
- Age relaxation up to 5 years will be provided to candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Physically Challenged and women candidates.
- N-PDF can be availed only once by candidates in their career.
- The mentor should hold a regular position in a recognized institution in India along with a Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering.
- A mentor can at max have one N-PDF fellow under him at any given time.
- Multiple applications of the same candidate in a year will not be allowed.
National Post Doctoral Fellowship Rewards:
The Rewards of National Post Doctoral Fellowship are mentioned below:
- A monthly stipend of INR 55,000 will be provided to the selected candidates
- A monthly stipend of INR 35,000 will be provided to the selected candidates who have received their degree yet
- A research grant of INR 2 lakhs per annum will be provided
- Overhead grant of INR 1 lakh per annum
National Post Doctoral Fellowship Application Process:
- The candidates have to visit https://serbonline.in/SERB/Registration.do to register and make a profile on the website
- After the registration process is complete the candidate can log in and fill in the application form
- All the necessary documents should be uploaded as a single PDF file
- Then the application can be submitted
- Certificate of age proof of the candidate
- Bio-data of the candidate
- Qualifications certificate
- Category certificate (in case the candidate belongs to any of the minority communities)
- Undertaking Certificate by the applicant
- Endorsement certificate of the candidate from the mentor and host institute
- A short CV of the mentor
National Post Doctoral Fellowship [N-PDF] Selection Process:
- The application form along with the research proposal should be submitted on the official website
- The applicant must identify a suitable mentor under whom the applicant will carry out the research
- The selection of the awardees will be made on the basis on recommendations made by an Expert Committee
- The candidates may be called for a personal interview
Termination of Fellowship:
- If the fellow wishes to terminate their scholarship, they must inform their mentor and host institute at the earliest.
- The implementing institute should not incur any expenditure from the termination of the project.
- The candidates granted the scholarship are entitled leaves as per the policies of the host institution and, maternity leave according to Govt. of India rules.
- Participation in scientific workshops will be treated as on-duty.
National Post Doctoral Fellowship [N-PDF] Contact Details:
- Email: [email protected]
- Contact Number: 011–40000398
- Address: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) 5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor, Vasant Square Mall, Sector-B, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi - 110070