|Conducted By||KC Mahindra Education Trust (KCMET)|
|Eligibility||Undergraduates with excellent academic record|
|Rewards||Up to INR 8,00,000 per annum|
|Last Date of Application||May 30, 2021|
What is the KC Mahindra Scholarship?
The KC Mahindra Scholarship is an initiative of the KC Mahindra Education Trust (KCMET) that provides financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants to the most deserving and talented economically backward students of the country to pursue their postgraduate studies abroad in any overseas university/ institute. The primary objective of the initiative is to promote literacy and higher education in India. KCMET has provided over INR 3763 Million as scholarships, grants, and loans to the students. Over 45% of the scholarship awardees have secured admission at the top-ranked universities of the world such as Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, Cambridge, etc. The last date to apply for the KC Mahindra Scholarship 2021 is April 30, 2021.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- KC Mahindra Scholarship Key Dates
- KC Mahindra Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- KC Mahindra Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- KC Mahindra Scholarship Application Process
- KC Mahindra Scholarship Documents Required
- KC Mahindra Scholarship Selection Process
- KC Mahindra Scholarship Contact Details
KC Mahindra Scholarship Key Dates:
The important dates for the KC Mahindra scholarship application are given below:
KC Mahindra Scholarship Application Start Date
KC Mahindra Scholarship Application End Date
April 30, 2021
Shortlisted Candidates Final Interview Date
KC Mahindra Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The KC Mahindra Education Trust awards scholarships to the most deserving meritorious students of the country. The detailed eligibility criteria for the scholarship application are given below:
- The applicant should have a first division degree/ equivalent diploma of similar standard from any recognized university/ institute in India.
- The candidate should have applied/ secured an admission for any PG level course at a reputed foreign university.
- He/ she should have applied to a course that will be commencing in August 2021 or maximum by February 2022.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen with a good academic record.
- Students applying for UG level courses/ Short-term courses/ Seminars/ Conferences are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
KC Mahindra Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
The selected scholars get interest free loans/ scholarships to pursue education at any foreign university. The other benefits offered by the KC Mahindra scholarship are given below:
- 50 most deserving students of the country are selected for disbursal of the KC Mahindra Scholarships for Post-Graduate studies abroad.
- The top 3 KC Mahindra scholarship applicants receive a scholarship amount of up to INR 8,00,000 per scholar.
- The rest of the selected applicants receive a scholarship grant of INR 4,00,000.
- The scholarship grant is provided to the scholars for a period of 2 years.
- If needed, the selected candidate should submit a request to the KCMET for the extension of the scholarship duration.
- The decision of scholarship extension is purely at the discretion of the KCMET.
- The student should repay the KC Mahindra scholarship amount to the trust within 24 months of completion of the course or 48 months after receiving the scholarship grant, whichever is earlier.
KC Mahindra Scholarship Application Process:
The application for the KC Mahindra Scholarship can be done both offline and online. The tentative date of the scholarship application is December/ January every year. The stepwise offline and online application process for the KC Mahindra Scholarship is given below:
KC Mahindra Scholarship Online Application Process:
- Interested applicants should visit the KC Mahindra Scholarship Education Trust (KCMET) official website.
- He/ she should scroll down the homepage and click on the ‘Click Here’ button under the KC Mahindra Scholarships for Post-graduate Studies Abroad tab.
- A web page is displayed with all the details of the scholarship and the applicant should click on the ‘Click Here to Apply’ button to proceed.
- The KC Mahindra Scholarship Application Form is displayed in PDF format.
- The candidate should fill in all the required details in the application form in capital letters.
- The student should then recheck the completed form for valid details so as to avoid rejection by the KCMET during the verification process.
- Finally, the applicant should upload all the attested supporting documents along with the application form and ‘Submit’ to complete the scholarship application process.
KC Mahindra Scholarship Offline Application Process:
- Interested candidates should visit the KC Mahindra Scholarship Education Trust (KCMET) official website.
- He/ she should download the KC Mahindra Scholarship application form available in PDF format in the ‘Scholarships and Grants’ page.
- The candidate should then take a print out of the application form and fill in all the required details correctly.
- The applicant should then recheck the completed form for valid details so as to avoid rejection by the KCMET during the verification process.
- The candidate should attach all the attested supporting documents along with the application form to complete the offline scholarship application process.
- The completed application form enclosed with the necessary supporting documents should be sent to the following address: KC Mahindra Education Trust, Cecil Court, 3rd Floor, Near Regal Cinema Colaba, Mahakavi Bhushan Marg, Apollo Bandar Colaba, Mumbai - 400001
KC Mahindra Scholarship Documents Required:
The documents to be attached along with the KC Mahindra scholarship application form are listed below:
- Copy of admission letter to the course
- Recommendation letter
- A statement by the applicant listing his/ her aptitude, interests, ambitions and other aspirations
- Copy of GRE/ GMAT score of the applicant (if applicable)
- Copy of TOEFL/ IELTS score of the applicant (if applicable)
- Course/ Degree certificate
- Mark sheet of the last qualifying examination
- Rank certificate of the applicant (if applicable)
- School leaving certificate
- Copy of Class 10/ Class 12 marks card
- Self-attested copy of evidence of the age of the candidate
- Copy of updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the applicant
- Copy of family income certificate of the applicant
- Bank account details
- Self-attested copy of the first page of the passbook/ canceled cheque
KC Mahindra Scholarship Selection Process:
KCMET has assigned a specific selection committee for the selection of the most deserving, talented applicants and guiding them through the application process. The detailed selection process is given below:
- The selection committee analyzes and evaluates all the applications based on merit, character, aptitude, ambitions and other qualities of the candidates.
- The main selection criteria for the KC Mahindra scholarship are academic qualification, financial need, and aptitude and future goals of the applicants.
- After the completion of the course, the candidates are free to work in any firm or institution of his/ her choice.
- KCMET does not hold any obligation to provide any sort of employment to the candidates.
- The students interested to pursue courses in subjects and areas related to the development of the country and its importance are given preference over others.
- Preference is given to students pursuing Biogas technology for rural areas, Oceanography, Seabed mining, Fisheries, Survey & Prospecting of Mineral Resources in the country, Alternate Energy sources such as Solar, Wind, and Tidal Energy, Agricultural research and engineering, Transportation Economics, Off-shore drilling, and exploration of other oceanic products.
- The selected candidates are finally called in for an interview by the KC Mahindra Education Trust and the decision of the committee is final and binding.
- Address: KC Mahindra Education Trust
Cecil Court, 3rd Floor, Near Regal Cinema Colaba,
Mahakavi Bhushan Marg, Apollo Bandar Colaba,
Mumbai - 400001
- Helpline Number: (022) 2289 5526 / 2202 1031
- Email ID: [email protected]