|Conducted By||Department of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala|
|Eligibility||Minority students from Kerala who are pursuing CA, ICWA and CS courses|
|Last Date of Application||December 4, 2021|
CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to students who are pursuing courses in the field of Chartered Accountancy (CA)/Cost and Works Accountancy/Cost and management accounts or Company secretaryship. The State-sponsored scheme gives an allowance of ₹15,000 per year to the minority students for the final, intermediate and foundation courses.
Christians, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been considered as minority communities under the 2 (c) section of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
Minority community students of Kerala who come under the BPL (Below Poverty Line) category have the first preference in the Department of Minority Welfare scheme. Only in the absence of BPL students, applicants of APL (Above Poverty Line) category gets preference subject to the valid statement that the annual income is below 8 lakh rupees. The last date to apply for the CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS scholarship (IWCS) is December 04th, 2021.
The IWCS program selects the scholars strictly upon merit and income criteria. The marks percentile criteria for shortlisting is minimum 60 percent in B.com or equivalent degree. 30 percent of the scholarship has been reserved to girl students. Scholars who benefited under the same scheme in the previous academic years are not encouraged to apply.
- CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship (IWCS) Eligibility Criteria
- CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship (IWCS) Rewards and Benefits
- CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship (IWCS) Application Process
- CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship Contact Details
CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship (IWCS) Eligibility Criteria
The general conditions of eligibility in order to apply for the CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship are as follows:
- Students pursuing courses in CA/ICWA (CMA) or CS are eligible to apply.
- The minority scholarship is open to students of Kerala State, India.
- The applicant should belong to any one of these minority communities.
- Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain and Parsi.
- The overall annual income should be less than INR 8 lakh.
- Minority students of BPL category are eligible for first preference as they are encouraged to apply.
- The applicant must have secured at least 60 percent marks in the previous final examination.
- Scholars already benefited under the scheme are not eligible to apply.
- For BPL candidates, it is compulsory to submit the ration card.
Note: 30 percent of the scholarship has been reserved to girl students.
CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship (IWCS) Rewards and Benefits
Selected students of the CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship program will receive the below mentioned benefits as:
- ₹15,000 per year will be disbursed to students of final course.
- For intermediate course, ₹15,000 per annum will be given to each scholar.
- For foundation course also the scholarship allowance shall be ₹15,000 per year.
Note: For the scholarship disbursement candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of merit and income.
CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship (IWCS) Application Process
The step by step application process for the State sponsored minority scholarship scheme are as follows:
Visit the official portal of Department of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala.
- Click on the CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship (IWCS) link.
- Further click on the Apply Online section.
- Log in or register with the user id and password.
- Fill up all the requested details such as personal, education and bank details.
- Upload all the necessary documents (SSLC certificate, photo, signature etc.).
- Submit the application form.
- Click on view/print application and print out the registration form.
- Submit the application along with the supporting documents to the concerned institution.
CA/ICWA (CMA)/CS Scholarship (IWCS) Important Documents
- Registration print-out of the applicant along with the attested photograph.
- Mark sheet copy of SSLC, higher secondary, VHSE, degree, etc.
- Current course proof such as admission card, tuition fee, ID card, etc.
- Bank account proof (Passbooks’ first-page copy).
- Copy of Aadhar or NPR card.
- Domicile certificate copy.
- Copy of minority/community certificate.
- Income certificate issued by village office.
- Ration card copy (BPL category proof).
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants can edit personal details regarding to online registration. However conditions are applied after verification has been done by the institution.
- It is mandatory to fill up all fields in the application form provided with red asterisk mark.
- In case the applicant detect any mistakes after forwarding the application, he /she can intimate the institution, they will revert the verification status, allows the applicant to make changes.
- Candidates are allowed to apply for more than one scholarship.
- In case the applicant forgets password, he or she can contact the institute and request for password resetting.
- For more details, visit the Department of Minority Welfare portal, Government of Kerala.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 0471-2300524, 0471-2302090
- Address: Directorate of Minority Welfare,
4th Floor, Vikas Bhavan,