|Conducted By||Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)|
|Eligibility||Undergraduate Engineering Students|
|Rewards||INR 8, 00,000|
|Last Date of Application||April 30, 2020|
The IET India Scholarship Award has been conducted by the Institute of Engineering and Technology in order to identify the innovation and excellence of undergraduate engineering students. Selected B.Tech. scholars will be rewarded with a total scholarship amount of INR 800,000.
The scholarship scheme is being divided into two categories as general and women. The number of scholarships and awards will be distributed equally in both categories.
The scholarship selection is based on 4 stages as online application, online test, regional level assessment, and the national finals.
Eligible students of second and third-year B.Tech can apply online for the IET scholarship before the application deadline of 30th April through the IET India Scholarship portal.
- IET India Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- IET India Scholarship Rewards and Amount
- IET India Scholarship Application Process
- IET India Scholarship Selection Process
- IET India Scholarship Important Documents
- IET India ScholarshipContact Details
The IET India Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria:
The general conditions of eligibility to apply for IET scholarships are as follows:
- The applicant must be a full time regular B.Tech student of the second and third year from an institution recognized under UGC /AICTE.
- The applicant must have cleared all regular credit courses in a single attempt.
- Candidate must have obtained a minimum of 60 percent marks in UG or at least 6.5 CGPA in all previous semesters.
- The student must have secured at least 60 percent marks or similar grades in class 12 or equivalent board.
- There are no age limit criteria to apply for the IET India Scholarship Awards.
- The scholarship is open to all IET members and non-members.
- All branches of engineering recognized by UGC or AICTE are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates who participated in the previous year’s scholarships are also eligible to apply subject to the term that they were not National level winners or Runner ups.
- B. Tech students joined by the lateral entry in the second year are eligible to apply.
- Two separate categories under the scholarship scheme are:
- General category
- Women category
Note: Women engineering students are allowed to apply for both categories. In case a candidate gets selected in both categories she will only be awarded for anyone of the category subject to the decision of IET Jury Panel.
The IET India Scholarship Rewards and Amount:
The IET India Scholarship will be awarded to both the National and Regional levels. More information regarding the prize and benefits are as follows:
- The total scholarship amount for both the national and regional level are estimated as INR 8, 00,000.
Region Level Winners
Number of Winners
First Prize Winner per region (4 regions)
INR 40,000 to each + Certificate
Second Prize Winner per region (4 regions)
INR 20,000 to each + Certificate
|National Level Winners||Number of Winners||Prize Amount|
|General Category||Women Category|
|First Prize Winner per region (4 regions)||1||1||INR 75,000 to each + Certificate|
|Second Prize Winner per region (4 regions)||1||1||INR 60,000 to each + Certificate|
Note: In case a candidate wins the scholarship in both National and Regional Level he or she will be felicitated with the certificate for both the levels and will be awarded with National Level prize money.
The IET India Scholarship Application Process:
Eligible students can apply for the scholarship scheme through the IET India Scholarship portal:
- While applying, a candidate must fill up the following details and upload scanned copy of documents.
- Personal information and contact details.
- Provide e-mail id.
- Enroll the University seat number.
Note: It can be the University registration number/ permanent registration number/ MIS number or enrolment number.
4. Upload the college id in a scanned copy (It should be in zip format).
The IET India Scholarship Selection Process:
The scholars will be selected strictly on the basis of merit. The four stages of selection and its criteria are given below:
1. Online Application:
- Under the scholarship scheme, 60 percent of weightage is reserved to academics.
- 20 percent for extracurricular activities.
- 10 percentage will be given for organizing or coordinating lectures or seminars, industrial visits, etc.
- 10 percent of weightage is reserved for coordinating activities of the professional bodies, Membership in professional bodies, any professional body office bearer, contributing to professional bodies by giving papers presentations, etc.
Note: Shortlisted students of stage 1 will be notified through registered email.
2. Online Test:
- Online Tests can be taken from anywhere in India. No centers will be allotted for the test.
- Candidates would be notified regarding the date and time of the online test.
- There will be 50 multiple choice questions with a test duration of 70 minutes.
- The test will consist of 8 subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics, Civil and Mechanical.
Note: There will be a cut off mark for each regional level decided by the national jury. Applicants will be shortlisted based on the cut-off marks.
3. Regional Level Assessment:
- In the third stage, shortlisted candidates will have to give a presentation on a specific topic decided by the jury members.
- The topic will be based on solving a current social challenge in the specific region.
- The topic shall be announced to candidates through the proper medium at least 10 days in advance in order to give them time to prepare.
4. selected regions for assessment:
- East and North East
5. National Finals :
- Selected students of stage 3 can appear for the finals.
- Students will be asked to prepare a presentation regarding their vision and solution.
- It should be an engineering problem that has relevance to society.
- It will also consist of a group discussion along with the finalists.
- The topic for the GD will be given on the day of the National Finals.
The IET India Scholarship Important Documents:
Important documents to be submitted for the IET India Scholarships are as follows:
- Mark sheet of class 10th.
- 12th class mark sheet.
- Mark sheets of all completed semesters of engineering.
- Any national or state level competition certificate that has won.
- Any indoor or outdoor sports competition certificate.
Terms and Conditions for Important Documents:
- All documents must be attested by Principal/Dean/Director/ Registrar of the Candidate's institution or Head of the Department.
- Scan the documents at 100 or 75 dpi; either in PDF or JPG format.
- Only .zip extension files are allowed to upload.
- Zip the scanned documents and the zip file should be in the name of the applicant.
- The size of the zip file must not exceed 5 mb.
Note: To activate an account, the applicants will receive an e-mail along with username after the registration. Applicants are requested to log in with the username and password.
- Phone Number: 080 4089 2222
- Address: Institution of Engineering and Technology
Unit no 405 & 406, 4th Floor, West Wing, Raheja Towers
M G Road, Bangalore - 560001