|Conducted By||HDFC Bank|
|Eligibility||School Students from 6th to 12th standard, College students pursuing UG/ PG courses.|
|Rewards||School fee waiver- upto INR 10000, College fee waiver upto-INR 25000|
|Last Date of Application||September 30, 2021|
The Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS) program is an HDFC Bank Parivartan Initiative for students with financial disabilities. The primary objective of the program is to provide economic benefit to all sections of society. The application deadline is in September, 2021.
The HDFC ECSS scholarship award is upto INR 10000 for school students and upto INR 25000 for college students. The ECSS Program is directly aimed at the students who are dropping out of school or college due to insufficient finance for studying for various personal and family crises.
HDFC Bank observes that the economic benefit should reach to all sections of the society and they believe, through education an overall monetary and social development of the society is possible.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Important Documents
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
HDFC ECSS Eligibility Criteria:
The applicant must satisfy the following parameters in order to avail the Scholarship;
- School students from class 6 to 12 studying in Government, Government aided or Private Schools are eligible for the Scholarship.
- UG/PG and Ph.D. students from the colleges or Universities come under AICTE/UGC/State/Central government rules can apply.
- Students pursuing ITI/Polytechnic or other Diploma courses are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in a financial crisis in the last three years due to which they are unable to bear the cost of education and on the verge of losing their academic career.
- ECSS discourages more than one application from a family
- The scholarship is granted for a maximum of two years, for the next year it is mandatory to requalify ECSS along with the fresh application.
- Students who change their School/College or University over the course period are not eligible for the Scholarship.
Rewards and Benefits of HDFC ECSS:
Selected candidates will be acknowledged with a confirmation on their registered numbers;
- School students will be provided with an allowance INR 10,000 or equivalent annual school fees.
- Meritorious College/University students will be granted a scholarship amount of INR 25,000 or annual fee.
- Applicants pursuing ITI, Diploma or Polytechnic after their Higher Secondary or 10th are eligible to secure INR 25,000 or annual fee.
Note: The Scholarship funds will not be disbursed in cash or directly to the student as the form of a Demand Draft (DD) shall be dispensed to the concerned School or College.
Application Process for HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship Support:
Students can apply for the Scholarship online through ECSS portal:
- Visit the official website of HDFC Bank.
- Click on Apply Now.
- Fill up all the necessary details.
- Upload all the documents (either in PDF or JPEG format).
- Document size should not be more than 15MB.
Note: No offline applications are encouraged for this Scholarship.
HDFC ECSS (Educational Crisis Scholarship) Important Documents:
The important documents for the ECSS Scholarship program are as follows:
- Address proof of the candidate (Aadhar Card, Driving License or Voter ID).
- Mark sheet of the previous final examination or course.
- Admission proof (Fee receipt, Admission letter or ID card).
- Bank details of the School/College or University it can be Bank Passbook or Cancelled check.
- Income Certificate declared by Gram Panchayat/ Ward Councillor or Sarpanch or any one of the following authority;
- SDM (Sub-Divisional Magistrate), DM (District Magistrate), CO (Circle Officer) or Tehsildar.
- Applicants are advised to produce the documents or proof showing the current financial crisis faced by the family, such as:
- Death Certificate of the earning member of the family or FIR Report in case of an accident.
- FIR copy, Medical Report or any other receipt showing the job loss of earning member due to accident, illness, disability or any other reason.
- Relevant and verified documents showing the candidates are either Orphan or deserted children.
- Relevant documents or proofs showing Self-Employment failure or Medical Procedure of any family member.
Educational Crisis Scholarship Support Selection Process:
The applicant will be eligible for the HDFC ECSS Program only if he/she is facing a financial crisis in the last three years and that makes it difficult to continue their academic career.
- Candidates satisfy the eligibility criterion of the HDFC Management are encouraged to participate in the Selection Process.
- The selection of the applications is strictly based on merit and the shortlisting parameters.
- The applications will be scrutinized by the Bank Management on the basis of selection parameters. Also the authority assets the right to decide the final selection process.
Last date of application: 30 September, 2021.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 011-430-92248 (Ext: 116)