|Conducted By||Department of Social Justice& Special Assistance|
|Eligibility||Students of Post-graduate and Ph.D. level|
|Rewards||Upto USD 14000 or GBP 9000|
|Last Date of Application||January 31, 2021|
Foreign Education Scholarship is offering a scholarship amount up to USD 14000 or GBP 9000 to the meritorious students of Scheduled Caste in order to help them pursuing post-graduate and Ph.D. courses in foreign Universities.
The scholarship has been conducted by the Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance under the Government of Maharashtra. The SC students of Maharashtra who have enrolled for PG/Ph.D. courses in any one of the QS top 300 Universities are eligible to benefit the scholarship amount of USD 14000 or GBP 9000.
The proposed scheme aims to encourage academically excellent students of SC community who find difficulty in pursuing higher education in prominent foreign Universities dues to weak financial and economic conditions.
Eligible students with a maximum family income of ₹6.00 lakh per year can apply for the Scheme through the MahaOnline portal of the Maharashtra Government before the application deadline 31st December.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Important Documents
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact Details
Foreign Education Scholarship for SC Students Eligibility Criteria:
List of eligibility conditions for the Foreign Education Scholarship are given below:
- The scholarship is available to students pursuing post-graduate and Ph.D. courses in foreign Universities.
- The applicant must belong to SC Category.
- The scholarship is reserved for Maharashtra domiciled students.
- Candidate must have completed graduation or post-graduation from a government or government recognized institution.
- The overall family income should not exceed ₹00 lakh per year.
- The maximum age limit for post-graduation is 35 years and for Ph.D. its 40 years.
- The foreign University that the candidate has opted for higher studies must fall under QS top 300 world ranking.
- Students admitted to the London School of Economics and the top 100 Universities ranked by the QS world ranking are excluded from the income limit.
Note: The maximum duration of the Ph.D. course is considered as 4 years, but if it is less than 4 years then the actual duration will be considered.
Foreign Education Scholarship for SC Students Rewards and Benefits:
Selected Scholars will be granted with maintenance allowance, tuition fee and other values and rewards as follows:
- Selected candidates will be entitled to 14000 USD or GBP 9000 as foreign university maintenance allowance and full tuition fee.
- For the US and other Countries, USD 1375 will be given as Incidental Charges, Scholars in the UK will get GBP 1000.
- Students can benefit round-trip airfare reimbursement.
- The Scholarship will also cover expenses for project reports, books and study tours.
- The tuition fee will directly be paid to the University.
Note: For the Scholarship Renewal, each student should pass and get admitted to the next academic year. The scholarship renewal will be approved on the basis of the progress report and satisfactory attendance of the student.
Foreign Education Scholarship for SC Students Application Process:
The step-by-step application process for the SC students Foreign Education Scholarship are given below:
- Visit the official portal of the Foreign Education Scholarship Scheme.
- Register as a new user (The mobile number should be linked with the Aadhar Card to ensure fast application process).
- Complete the Aadhar authentication process (Through receiving OTP or Biometric).
- Enter the OTP.
- Fill up all the required details.
- Complete the registration process.
- Log in with the username or password.
- Fill all the remaining details for the application process.
- Submit the application.
Note: For offline, the candidate can fill-up the form and send it to Social Welfare Commissionerate office.
Foreign Education Scholarship for SC Students Important Documents:
It is mandatory to produce all the requested documents for the Scholarship Program.
- Caste certificate.
- Domicile certificate.
- Family income certificate issued by the concerned authority.
- Aadhar card.
- Copy of bank passbook (India).
- Previous final examination mark sheet.
- University offer letter.
- Leaving certificate.
- Annual fees expenditure statement.
- University prospectus of course.
Terms and Conditions:
- In case if a student does not complete the course it is mandatory for the student to refund all the expenses.
- The student must pass and get admitted to the next academic year in order to avail the Scholarship renewal.
- There should be a contract with the government that after the successful completion of foreign education he or she will pay a minimum of 10 percent of the total expenditure to the Social Justice Fund (Optional as per the SJSA Department).
- Last Date of Application: 31st January 2021.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone Number: 18001025311