|Conducted By||Directorate of Student’s Welfare Cell - Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda|
|Eligibility||Students of the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda|
|Rewards||Grants, scholarships, financial assistance, fee waiver and freeship|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2021|
The Directorate of Student’s Welfare Cell at the Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda, provides the DSW scholarship. The objective is to offer financial support to students from economically weaker backgrounds to pursue an education at Maharaja Sayajirao University. The DSW scholarship MSU fund of over 1 Crore has been allocated for the benefit of the students. Interested candidates can register for the DSW scholarship by December 31st, 2021.
Table of Contents
- DSW Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- DSW Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- DSW Scholarship Application Process
- DSW Scholarship Documents Required
- DSW Scholarship Important Points
- DSW Scholarship Contact Details
DSW Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The DSW scholarship MSU is awarded to deserving students pursuing education at the Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda. The eligibility criteria of the DSW scholarship are given below:
- The candidate should be a regular/ bonafide/ enrolled student at the Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed INR 3,50,000 from all sources.
- The candidate should have scored at least 50% marks in the last qualifying examination.
- The applicants should not receive any financial assistance/ fee waiver from any other source.
DSW Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
The Maharaja Sayajirao University helps students from economically backward sections pursue their education at the MSU. Therefore, they offer grants, scholarships, financial assistance, fee waiver and freeship through the DSW scholarship.
DSW Scholarship Application Process
The applicant should pay an application fee of INR 200 offline, and they should download the printout of the prepayment challan from the Directorate of Student's Welfare portal. Given below are the application process for the DSW scholarship:
- Eligible applicants should visit the MSU official website.
- The candidate should then move the cursor to the 'Notification Tab' available on the homepage.
- The student should click on the 'Notification for DSW Scholarship 2021' link.
- A new page will open up, and the applicant should click on the 'Criteria_Freeship_Waiver.pdf' file.
- The candidate should read the DSW scholarship notification carefully and ensure they meet the DSW scholarship criteria.
- The applicant should go back to the home page and click on the 'Apply for DSW Scholarship' dashboard.
- The applicant should first register for the scholarship through the 'DSW Scholarship Registration by providing details such as name, place of birth, gender, address, and other course details like enrollment number, institute and program of study.
- After the registration, they will obtain the DSW scholarship login credentials consisting of a user ID and password.
- The student should log in to the website using the DSW scholarship login credentials.
- The DSW scholarship application form is displayed, and the candidate should fill in all the details carefully and upload all the supporting documents along with the application form.
- The candidate should pay the scholarship application fee and click on the 'Submit' button to complete the application process.
- The applicants should take a printout of the submitted application form for future reference.
- The candidates can also track the DSW scholarship status by providing login credentials.
DSW Scholarship Documents Required
The candidates should upload the necessary documents on the portal in the prescribed format. Therefore, listed below are the DSW scholarship documents to upload while applying for the program:
- Passport size photograph
- Specimen signature of the candidate
- Marks sheet of the last qualifying examination
- Current year fee receipt
- Faculty identity card
- Aadhar card
- Salary slip/ income certificate of the parent
- Latest electricity bill of current residence
- Copy of front page of the Bank of Baroda passbook
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- BPL card (if applicable)
- Rent agreement/ rent payment receipt (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of police/ defence certificate
Terms and Conditions of DSW Scholarship
- Any incomplete application form/ forms without supporting documents are rejected.
- DSW awards the scholarship to the students based on merit. The decision of DSW concerning the scholarship is final.
- The committee members may schedule an informal home visit to verify the details provided by the applicant.
- The scholarship amount is disbursed for two consecutive semesters and will not be automatically renewed for successive terms.
- The candidates who wish to seek scholarship benefits for another year should submit a renewal application.
- DSW reserves the right to award scholarships depending on the availability of funds.
- Any misleading claims in the scholarship application will lead to the debarring of the applicant from any assistance or any other strict action.
If the candidates have any queries regarding the DSW scholarship MSU, they can contact the Directorate of Students’ Welfare, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, or send a mail to [email protected]