|Conducted By||Directorate of Student’s Welfare Cell of Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda|
|Eligibility||Class 12 pass-outs|
|Rewards||Financial aid including grants, scholarships, financial assistance, fee waiver, and freeship|
|Last Date of Application||December 31, 2021|
What is the DSW Scholarship?
The Directorate of Student’s Welfare Cell of Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda provides the DSW scholarship to financially support students belonging to economically weaker backgrounds to pursue an education at the Maharaja Sayajirao University. Scholarship fund of over 1 Crore has been allocated for the benefit of the deserving students.
Scholarship Quick Links:
The quick links for ease of access are given below:
- DSW Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- DSW Scholarship Rewards and Benefits
- DSW Scholarship Application Process
- DSW Scholarship Documents Required
- DSW Scholarship Important Points
- DSW Scholarship Contact Details
DSW Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
The DSW Scholarship MSU is awarded to deserving students pursuing education at the Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda. Other eligibility criteria of the scholarship are given below:
- The candidate should be a regular/ bonafide/ enrolled student of the Maharaja Sayajirao University, Baroda.
- The annual family income of the applicant should not exceed INR 2,25,000 from all sources.
- The candidate should have scored at least 50% marks in the last qualifying examination.
- The applicant should not have availed of any financial assistance/ fee waiver from any other source.
DSW Scholarship Rewards and Benefits:
- Economically backward students get financial aid including grants, scholarships, financial assistance, fee waiver, and freeship.
DSW Scholarship Application Process:
The applicant should pay an application fee of INR 150 through offline mode. The student should download a printout of the prepayment challan from the Directorate of Student’s Welfare Portal.
- Interested applicants should visit the MSU official website.
- The candidate should then move the cursor to the Notification tab available on the homepage.
- The student should click on the ‘Notification for DSW Scholarship 2021’ link.
- A new page opens up and the applicant should click on the ‘Criteria_Freeship_Waiver.pdf’ file.
- The candidate should read the DSW scholarship notification carefully and ensure his/ her eligibility criteria.
- The applicant should go back to the home page and click on the ‘Apply for DSW Scholarship’ on the dashboard.
- Now, the applicant should first register for the scholarship through the ‘DSW Scholarship Registration by providing details such as Name, Place of Birth, Gender, Address, and other course details like enrollment number, Institute, and Program of study.
- The student should log in to the website using the newly created User ID and password.
- The DSW Scholarship Application Form is displayed and the candidate should fill in all the details carefully and upload all the supporting documents along with the application form.
- The candidate should pay the scholarship application fee and click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
- A printout of the submitted application should be taken for future reference.
DSW Scholarship Documents Required:
The necessary documents to be attached along with the DSW Scholarship are listed below:
- Passport size photograph
- Specimen signature of the candidate
- Marks sheet of the last qualifying examination
- Current year Fee Receipt
- Faculty Identity Card
- Aadhar card
- Salary slip/ Income certificate of the parent
- Latest Electricity bill of current residence
- Copy of front page of the Bank of Baroda bank passbook
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- BPL card (if applicable)
- Rent agreement/ Rent payment receipt (is rented residence)
- Scanned copy of Police/ Defence certificate
DSW Scholarship Important Points:
- Any incomplete application form/ forms without supporting documents are rejected.
- DSW awards the scholarship to the students based on merit. The decision of DSW with regard to the scholarship is final.
- An informal home visit may be scheduled by the committee members for verification of the details provided by the applicant.
- The scholarship amount is disbursed for two consecutive semesters and will not be automatically renewed for the successive terms.
- The candidates who wish to seek scholarship benefit for another year should submit a fresh renewal application.
- DSW reserved the right to award scholarships depending on the availability of funds.
- Any misleading claims in the scholarship application will lead to the debarring of the applicant from any assistance or any other strict action.
- Email ID: [email protected]