|Conducted By||Department of Biotechnology, Government of India|
|Eligibility||Candidates pursuing research in the field of Biotechnology|
|Rewards||₹25,000/28,000 per month|
|Last Date of Application||March 30, 2021|
The DBT JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) program invite applications for the Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET), conducted by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT). Biotechnology students of M.Sc./M.Tech or M.V.Sc can apply for the fellowship eligibility test. The DBT JRF scheme will be providing up to ₹28,000 per month to the research fellows.
The fellowship program is being organized by the Department of Biotechnology and co-ordinated by the Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL). The top 275 students under category 1 can register for Ph.D. programs in any recognized University or institute in India and the remaining 100 students will fall under category 2.
Candidates under category 2 are eligible to join in any projects sponsored by the Department of Biotechnology. As the DBT indicates, around 1000 students are benefiting the DBT- JRF Scheme in various Universities or Institutes.
Eligible candidates can apply before the application deadline of 22nd March through the official website of Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL).
Scholarship Quick Links:
- Eligibility Criteria
- Rewards and Benefits
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Biotechnology Eligibility Test
- Contact Details
DBT Junior Research Fellowship Eligibility Criteria:
List of eligibility conditions for the DBT research fellowship are given below:
- The applicant must have a degree in M.Sc./M.Tech or M.V.Sc. with Biotechnology as specialization from any University or Institute recognized under UGC/AICTE.
- For General and OBC Category, the applicant must have secured a minimum of 60 percent marks or equivalent grade.
- For SC/ST/PH Category, a minimum of 55 percent marks is required to be eligible for the DBT-JRF Scheme.
- Candidates with a maximum age of (General-28, OBC-non creamy layer-31, SC/ST/PH and women- 33) as on the last date of application (22 March) are eligible to apply.
Note: To apply for the Fellowship, the applicant must have qualified M.Sc./M.Tech/ M.V.Sc. degree with Biotechnology as specialization. Eligible subjects under the fellowship scheme are as follows:
- Agricultural, Animal/Veterinary, Bio-resources Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biosciences and Biotechnology, Medical, Marine, Industrial, Environmental, Pharmaceutical, Food, and Bioinformatics”. For M.Sc Neuroscience, Molecular & Human Genetics, etc.
DBT Junior Research Fellowship Rewards and Benefits:
The three-year fellowship will be extended to 2 more years based on the academic performance of the candidate and shall be upgraded to Senior Research Fellow by the end of the second year.
- Selected Fellows will be awarded with ₹25,000/28,000 per month.
- ₹30,000 is provided under house rent allowance (HRA). This allowance can be provisional with respect to the DST guidelines and research contingency.
DBT JRF Examination Application Process:
The application process for the Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) consists of the following steps:
- The candidate should visit the official website of Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL).
- Click on BET 2021- Apply Online and then New Registration.
- Log In with the User Id and Password.
- Enter personal details.
- Enroll the previous examination/course details including the percentage of marks.
- Upload all necessary documents in a scanned copy.
- Pay the examination fee via net banking or card payment (For General and OBC- ₹1000 and SC/SC/PH – ₹250).
- Review the declaration and submit the application.
Note: Download the acknowledgment receipt for future reference.
DBT Junior Research Fellowship Selection Process:
- All candidates will be selected based on the Biotechnology Eligibility Test or BET Examination.
- Following the merit, eligible Research Fellows for the DBT-JRF Program are selected under two categories.
Category I Fellowship:
- Top 275 fellows from the selected candidates can register for Ph.D. in any recognised University or Institute in India.
Category II Students:
- The next 100 candidates can join in any projects sponsored by the Department of Biotechnology. They can avail Fellowship from the project proportional to NET OR GATE qualification based on DST guidelines.
Note: Fellows from the DBT-JRF program will not be considered for the selection in Category II.
Biotechnology Eligibility Test:
All eligible applicants must appear for the Online Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET) in order to avail the Fellowship.
- Attending the DBT- BET- JRF examination is mandatory for all applicants as the online test will be conducted in any one of the three cities selected by the candidate while applying.
- Candidates can apply for the Fellowship only through registering for the BET exam and the last date of application is on 14th.
- The BET application fee is ₹1000 for General and OBC candidates were applicants SC/ST/PH Category can pay ₹250 as application fee.
BET Exam Centers:
New Delhi, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Patna, Trivandrum and Ahmedabad Kolkata, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune.
Note: Travel allowance or any kind of allowance will not be granted to any applicant for attending the test.
- Phone Number: +91 (011) 23219064-67
- Address: Biotech Consortium India Limited
V Floor, Anuvrat Bhawan
210, Deen Dayal Upadhay Marg