Who are eligible to give Science Olympiad Foundation Exams?
I am interested in taking part in the Science Olympiad Foundation Exams. Tell me how I will come to know about the details of each exam?
I am interested in taking part in the Science Olympiad Foundation Exams, but our school has not yet received any information regarding the Olympiad. What should I do?
What is the syllabus for the Science Olympiad Foundation Exams?
Are there any special books that the participant should refer to the Science Olympiad Foundation Exam preparation?
My school does not want to register for the Science Olympiad Foundation, but I am very eager to write the exams. Can I do it on my own?
I have already appeared for the Science Olympiad Foundation while I was in a lower class? Can I appear again?
My school has already dispatched the registration form, I am left out, and I want to register myself for the Science Olympiad Foundation Exams. What should I do?
Can I take part in more than one Olympiad?
How to check SOF Olympiad results?
Science Olympiad Foundation 2023
Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) is an educational organization that conducts academic competitions. Mainly, the organization aims to assist the development of competitive spirit among school students. It is a registered organization that has been promoting the development of competitive spirit among school children.
SOF was firmly established by foremost scholars, scientists, and media persons to promote knowledge regarding science, mathematics, computer education, language, general knowledge, and other professional courses.
Table of Contents
- About Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)
- List of SOF Olympiad Exams
- Eligibility to Apply for SOF Exams
- Science Olympiad Foundation Awards
- Science Olympiad Foundation Scholarships
- Key Features of Science Olympiad Foundation
- Importance of SOF Olympiads
About Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)
Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) is one of the most reputed and appreciated organizations in India. It is one of the most successful and well-managed non-profit organizations, and its leaders hail from distinguished academic and business professionals. Executive Director Mahabir Singh and the rest of the team leaders have brought diverse experience and expertise to their positions at the Science Olympiad Foundation for decades.
Thousands of schooling institutions have adopted SOF's integrity and commitment to the fulfillment of its objectives. All the educational activities conducted by the Science Olympiad Foundation aim at making an exciting and interactive process for the students. SOF's process helps students enhance their skills, memory, talent, and knowledge of different fields.
Given below are the details of the Committee Members.
|Mahabir Singh||Founder & Director, Science Olympiad Foundation, New Delhi.|
|Dr. Narendra Virmani (IPS Retd.)||Chairman of SOF and a Former Vice-Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi University, MP.|
|Dr. Y. S. Rajan||Former Honorary Distinguished professor ISRO, Department of Space Bengaluru, Ex. Chairman, NIT Manipur.|
|Puran Chand||Secretary Council of (BSE) Board of School Education and a Former Joint Commissioner, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, New Delhi.|
|Dr. Satish Arya||Dean (Retd.), CBLU, Bhiwani, Haryana.|
|Dr. R. K. Sharma||Educational Consultant, New Delhi.|
|R. Ravi||Chairman, MD Epiance Software (P) Ltd., Bengaluru.|
Given below are the SOF contact details.
|Name of Foundation||SOF|
|Full-Form||Science Olympiad Foundation|
List of SOF Olympiad Exams
The organization conducts national and international exams under different streams and fields. SOF has several reputed volunteer partners like the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, and many highly reputed organizations like The British Council, Star Sports, Techfest IIT Bombay-Innovative challenge, IIT Kharagpur, TCS, etc.
The Science Olympiad Foundation exams are conducted on two levels for classes 1 to 12. The level 1 SOF exams are conducted at schools for classes 1 to 12, and level 2 is conducted for students studying in classes 3 to 12.
The list of SOF Olympiad Exams conducted by the foundation are:
NSO is an academic and scholarship aptitude test that encompasses various disciplines such as mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology.
NCO, the national cyber Olympiad, identifies the cyber-savvy talents amongst the younger generation. Science Olympiad Foundation conducts the National Cyber Olympiad for students who are academically excellent in computer science subjects.
Mathematics Olympiad conducted by SOF identifies and encourages the mathematical creativity of students.
IEO is organized and carried out in partnership with the British Council, a global search for young minds who dream of mastering English.
ICO will be conducted in partnership with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, the Institute of Company Secretaries of India to help young students determine their interests in the company secretaries profession and plan their careers accordingly.
IGKO endeavors to develop an interest in general knowledge and current affairs to excel academically.
SOF Olympiad Exam Dates
The foundation uses advanced methods and technologies in the knowledge acquisition process by regularly conducting qualitative and quantitative assessments at the national/international level to build up the scientific and IT talent pool.
Given below are the important dates for Science Olympiad Foundation exams 2023-24.
|Olympiad||SOF Exam Dates (Level 1)|
A school may select one date to conduct the SOF exams. Also, SOF level 2 exam dates will be announced soon.
Please Note: Dates of exams may change depending on the impact of Corona on the functioning of schools.
The table below shows the tentative exam dates for SOF exams Level 2.
|SOF Olympiad||SOF Exam Dates (Level 2)|
|International General Knowledge Olympiad||Single Level Exam|
|International English Olympiad||January 2023|
|National Science Olympiad||January 2023|
|National Mathematics Olympiad||January 2023|
|National Cyber Olympiad||Single Level Exam|
|International Commerce Olympiad||Single Level Exam|
Eligibility to Apply for SOF Exams
Science Olympiad Foundation conducts six Olympiads under different subjects, and to be eligible for the olympiads, students must be studying in any of the recognized education boards in India.
Students must satisfy the following eligibility criteria to appear for any Olympiad exams conducted by the Science Olympiad Foundation.
SOF eligibility details are as follows,
- Students from classes 1 to 12 are eligible to participate.
- The student must be studying in any recognized education board like CBSE, ICSE, state board, etc.
- There are no minimum marks required to apply for the SOF exam.
Science Olympiad Foundation Awards
The Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) awards students with cash prizes, gifts, and cash prizes for the winners of NCO, NSO, IEO, IMO, and IGKO exams. SOF awards are offered to national, zonal, and class toppers (including all sections). Besides, the top three rank holders will be awarded gold, silver, and bronze medals.
Some of the key awards are,
- Certificate of participation to each student.
- Certificate of participation to students appearing for level 2 exams.
- The top 20 zonal rank holders of level 1 and top 25 rank holders of level 2 get the distinction medal.
Read More: SOF Awards
Science Olympiad Foundation Scholarships
Besides awards and cash prizes, SOF offers scholarships under a special scheme for different categories of students. Winners who are eligible for SOF scholarships will be provided with an annual stipend. Each school can recommend one eligible student for the scholarship. The scholarship will be evaluated only if the application form has a recommendation letter with the headmaster or principal's signature.
Different scholarship schemes are offered by different categories of students, apart from the general category winners are,
- Girl Child Scholarship Scheme (SOF GCSS)
- SOF Scholarship For Excellence in English (SOF SEE)
- SOF Academic Excellence Scholarship
Read More: SOF Scholarships
Key Features of Science Olympiad Foundation
Winners of SOF exams are awarded scholarships, medals, cash prizes, and certificates based on their performance. For all SOF exams, a minimum of 5 students must participate from the registered schools.
Some of the key features include,
- There is no school registration fee.
- The school will become an exam center for the Science Olympiad Foundation Exam.
- The students taking part in the Science Olympiad Foundation Exams have to pay the registration fees.
- There are multiple dates for each Olympiad Exams, and the participating school can select the date as per their convenience for conducting the exams from the specified dates.
- Though the dates may be the same for conducting the Science Olympiad Foundation of all classes, the syllabus and question paper will differ.
- The SOF exam papers are based on the syllabus prescribed by CBSE, ICSE, and the state education board.
The foundation releases preparation books named SOF reference books, which include sample papers, mock tests, syllabus, and preparation tips.
Importance of SOF Olympiads
SOF has been the most advanced and successful educational organization in the country. They have successfully for the past 25 years by conducting qualitative and quantitative exams among national and international student fraternities.
Top reputed organizations like IIT Kharagpur, Techfest IIT Bombay-innovative challenge, the British Council, Star Sports, and TCS are their appreciators, which confirms their outstanding performances in their respective field.
The importance of SOF exams is as follows.
- SOF Identifies and nurtures future scientists, technologists, IT, and other professional talents at the school level.
- Science Olympiad Foundation encourages students' participation in national and international competitions, programs, or events.
- SOF envisioned that international competitions motivate students to enhance their skills.
- SOF infuses a healthy competitive spirit through reward-based Olympiads Exams.
- SOF helps to bring out the transformation in the classroom approach to subjects to make them more interactive, practical, and innovative
- SOF acknowledges and informs students about the latest advancements in science, technology, and other important subjects.
SOF's special recognition is the 'Centre of Excellence Award,' provided to different schooling institutions that perform better in research, using new educational tools, special publications, and expert advice.
14 Essential Olympiad You Must Explore!
|ASSET Olympiad Exams||Unified Council Olympiad Exams|
|SilverZone Olympiad Exams||TERIIN Olympiad Exams|
|HummingBird Olympiad Exams||EduHeal Olympiad Exams|
|Technothlon||IAIS Olympiad Exams|
Frequently Asked Questions
Asked By: Vishag 29 Oct 2020
SOF Olympiad exam syllabus covers 60% of topics from the current class syllabus and 40% of questions concerning higher-order thinking. To get the SOF syllabus, students can follow the below steps.
- Visit the official website of SOF.
- Select the respective exam in the top bar.
- Under the individual exams page, students can view and download the SOF syllabus for all the classes.
Answer By: Raghavendra
29 Oct 2020