The West Bengal State Eligibility Test (WBSET) is conducted by the West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC) to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Professors in colleges and universities across the state of West Bengal. 30 different disciplines come under the purview of this test, comprising 2 papers. To know more about WBSET 2021, go through the article given below.
- What is the WBSET Exam?
- WBSET 2021 Exam Date
- WBSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- WBSET 2021 Registration and Application Form
- WBSET 2021 Exam Pattern
- WBSET 2021 Syllabus
- WBSET 2021 Admit Card
- WBSET 2021 Exam Centres
- WBSET 2021 Cutoff
- WBSET 2021 Result
- WBSET 2021 Certificate
What is the WBSET Exam?
Clearing the WBSET 2021 Exam makes one eligible to become an Assistant Professor in colleges and universities of West Bengal. This state-level written exam is conducted once a year in January. It can be attempted in English, Bengali, Urdu, Santhali, or Sanskrit languages.
The West Bengal College Service Commission was established by an Act passed at the Legislative Assembly of West Bengal in 1979. Its main functions are to select and recommend to all (nearly 450) government-aided colleges in West Bengal Assistant Professors, Librarians, and Principals, as well as to conduct the State Eligibility Test (SET).
WBSET 2021 Exam Date
The WBSET 2021 Exam application begins in September. Candidates must apply for the exam through the official website. The details of the WBSET 2021 will be updated as soon as the official notification is released on the website.
|Notification Release date||November 2020|
|Application Release Date||November 2020|
|Admit Card Release||December 2020|
|Exam Date||January 2021|
|Exam Results||July 2021|
The timeline for WBSET 2021 can be along the same lines.
WBSET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The WBSET exam is conducted to recruit Assistant Professors in colleges and universities across West Bengal. Check out the eligibility criteria for the exam below:
|Age||No specific age limit|
WBSET 2021 Registration and Online Application
The WBSET 2021 Online Application form will be available on the official website. Find the process for application below:
- A valid email ID and phone number are mandatory to apply.
- Before applying online, the following documents must be kept handy
- Passport size photograph in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 40 kb. The dimension of the photograph should be 3.5 cm () x 4.5 cm (height).
- Candidate’s Signature in JPG format of minimum 4kb to 30 kb. The dimension of the signature should be 3.5 cm () x 1.5 cm (height).
- After filling all the details for applying online for SET the candidates have to select the option of payment of examination fee either by credit/debit card/internet banking or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form.
- Once the fee payment process is complete, the application is confirmed. One may take a print out of this confirmation page for reference.
WBSET 2021 Application Fee
The WBSET 2021 Application Fee should be paid online through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card or e-challan. The payment is made to the United Bank of India. Additional online banking charges may be applicable.
|OBC (Non-creamy layer/EWS)||INR 500|
WBSET 2021 Exam Pattern
The WBSET 2021 Exam will be conducted in 2 sets across 30 disciplines. It is a written exam conducted in offline mode. Responses will be marked on an OMR sheet and cutoffs are based on the aggregate marks secured by the candidate in both papers.
|Type||Objective, compulsory||Objective, compulsory|
|No. of Questions||50||100|
|Marks||100 (2 per question)||200 (2 per question)|
|Duration||1 Hour||2 Hours|
|Subject||General- including teaching skills and research aptitude||Subject Expertise|
WBSET 2021 Syllabus
Given below is the list of WBSET 2021 subjects along with their codes.
|Mathematical Sciences||Physical Sciences|
|Library and Information Sciences||Physical Education|
|Electronic Science||Computer Science|
|Mass Communication and Journalism||Anthropology|
|Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean and Planetary Sciences||Music|
To check the syllabus, candidates can visit the official website. On top of the page among other headings, there is the ‘SET Syllabus’ heading as well. Click on that to access the subject-wise WBSET 2021 Syllabus.
WBSET 2021 Admit Card
The WBSET 2021 Admit Card will be available in December. Candidates have to download the said admit card and carry it to the allotted examination center along with a valid photo identity card. While downloading the WBSET 2021 Admit Card, the candidate is advised to crosscheck all the details and in case of any corrections, valid IDs supporting the changes to be made must be submitted on the official website itself, after which the revised Admit card will be released.
WBSET 2021 Exam Centres
Take a look at the list of exam centres for the WBSET 2021 Exam given below:
|SOUTH 24 PARGANAS||NORTH 24 PARGANAS|
|PURBA BARDHAMAN||PASCHIM BARDHAMAN|
|PURBA MEDINIPUR||PASCHIM MEDINIPUR|
WBSET 2021 Cutoff
The minimum percentage of marks required to be qualified in the WBSET 2021 exam is given below.
WBSET 2021 Result
The WBSET 2021 Result will be declared on the official website. Only the names of the top 6% of candidates who qualified the cutoff will be released by the WBCSC. Follow the steps given below to access results:
- Step 1: Visit WBCSC's official Website, wbcsc.org.in
- Step 2: Click on the WB SET Result link for the 23rd SET.
- Step 3: Download WB SET result PDF for the discipline in question.
- Step 4: The shortlisted candidates' names will be on the list.
WBSET 2021 Certificate
The WBSET Certificate will be provided to the candidates who qualify in the examination. After the declaration of the WBSET results the candidates who secure a rank in the WBSET Merit list will be getting the certificate. The E-certificate can be downloaded from the official website. Candidates can follow the below steps to get the e-certificate.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: In the homepage click on the "SET E-certificate"
- Step 3: Provide the login credentials in order to log in.
- Step 4: View and download the E-certificate.