MPTET is an exam conducted by the Madya Pradesh Professional Examination Board for those individuals who aspire to teach in any Government or Private school in the state of Madhya Pradesh. It is a State-level exam written by thousands of people and is divided into two papers. Paper-1 is for Primary school Teachers wanting to teach standards 1-5 and Paper-2 is for Upper Primary school Teachers wanting to teach standards 6-8.
- What is MPTET 2021?
- MPTET 2021 Exam Date
- MPTET 2021 Eligibility
- MPTET 2021 Application Form
- MPTET 2021 Admit Card
- MPTET 2021 Exam Pattern
- MPTET 2021 Syllabus
- MPTET 2021 Exam Centres
- MPTET 2021 Cut-Off
- MPTET 2021 Result
- MPTET 2021 Answer Key
What is MPTET 2021?
The full form of MPTET is Madhya Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test. MPTET is conducted by Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board once in a year. MPTET is also known as the MP Primary Teacher Recruitment exam. It is a state-level exam for candidates who aspire to become teachers in the state of Madhya Pradesh. This is mandatory to become a teacher. This is a 2 hours 30 minutes exam and all questions are MCQ type. This exam has two papers divided into Paper 1 and Paper 2. MPTET Paper 1 is for candidates who want to teach standard 1 to 5 and MPTET Paper 2 is for candidates who want to teach standard 6 to 8. Candidates can give either a single paper or both the papers. The exams are held on the same day. Candidates who qualified for the MPTET exam will be awarded an eligibility certificate/TET Certificate. The certificate will have validation of seven years.
Selection Process: The qualifying marks for MP TET 2021, the candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged category will have to score 50% marks, whereas the candidates who belong to others will have to secure 60% marks.
Age Requirement: The age of the candidate should be 21 years as of April 1, 2021.
Exam Language: Candidates can write the paper in both Hindi & English language except the test for English.
Stages: The MP TET 2021 Exam is mainly held at two stages where stage 1 is the written test and stage II is the document verification.
|Exam Name||Madhya Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Acronym||MPTET / MP TET|
|Conducted by||Professional Examination Board, Madhya Pradesh|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
MPTET 2021 Exam date
The exam for teachers’ eligibility test is conducted by the Professional examination board, Madhya Pradesh. This exam is essential if a candidate wishes to teach in any government or private school in Madhya Pradesh. This exam has 2 papers, Paper 1 is for candidates who aspire to teach Standard 1 to 5 which is the Primary Level and those who aspire to teach standard 6 to 8 must attempt Paper 2 which is the Upper Primary Level. A candidate can appear for both the papers if he wishes to. The papers are held on the same. The important dates are given below.
|Start Date of filling the Application Form||Feb 10, 2021|
|Last Date of filling the Application Form||Mar 8, 2021|
|Application Form Correction Window||To be announced|
|Admit Card Date||Last week of March, 2021|
|Exam Date 2021||First week of April, 2021|
|Result Date||To be announced|
MPTET 2021 Eligibility
The eligibility limit is set by the Professional Examination Board of Madhya Pradesh. A candidate must pass these eligibility criteria to write the exam. The eligibility criteria depend on the age limit and education qualification. A candidate must always fulfill the eligibility criteria otherwise the exam does not hold good. The following are the eligibility criteria that a candidate must go through before filling out the application form.
Primary Teacher/ Paper 1
- Candidate must have completed her/his intermediate or a degree equal to the intermediate with a minimum of 50% marks.
- The candidate must have completed D.El.Ed (Diploma in Elementary Education).
- Candidate must have a degree in Bachelors in Education (B.Ed) recognized by NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) with a minimum of 50%.
- Candidates must have a diploma in elementary education with a minimum of 45%
- Candidates must have a Bachelors in Elementary Education (4 years) with a minimum of 50%
Upper Primary Teacher/ Paper 2
- Candidate must have completed Intermediate or a degree equivalent to intermediate with a minimum of 50%
- Candidate must have completed graduation and have a B.Ed Degree from a recognized institute with a minimum of 50%
Note: Candidates studying in their final year of B.Ed from a recognized institute which is affiliated to NCTE can also apply. OR Candidates in their final year of L.T. from a recognized institute affiliated to NCTE can also apply.
The lower age limit for candidates who want to apply is 18 years and the maximum age limit is 40 years. Candidates who are below 18 years and above 40 years are not eligible to apply.
The applying candidate must be an Indian citizen.
MPTET 2021 Application Form
The MPTET 2021 registration form will be made available online, on the official portal. A candidate must pay a nominal fee towards filling the registration form. A candidate can not appear for the exam without filling the registration form. After filling the form with the details required and paying the registration fee, a candidate is issued an MPTET admit card that is required to attempt this exam. The registration form is the first step towards appearing for the MPTET.
How to register for MP TET 2021 Exam?
The steps to filling the form are given below. Please read carefully.
- Step 1: Candidate must visit the official website of MPPEB TET.
- Step 2: Click on the "APPLY" icon on the homepage.
- Step 3: Read instructions carefully and then click on "CARRY FORWARD".
- Step 4: After that, click on the "APPLYING LINK" option given.
- Step 5: Now fill in the details such as personal details and education qualification details.
- Step 6: Upload your passport size photo and scanned signature images.
- Step 7: After filling in the required details and uploading photo and signature, you must pay the registration fees.
- Step 8: After the payment of fees, you have to click on the "SUBMIT" option.
- Step 9: Your form will be submitted now and you should take a printout of the same for future reference.
MPTET 2021 Registration Fees
The application fee to paid by candidates belonging to different categories is given below.
|OBC / SC / ST||INR 300|
A candidate applying for the first time must pay INR 60/- through the online mode in addition to the registration fee. A candidate who is reapplying must pay INR 20.
MPTET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card is a very important document to get an allowance for writing the exam. After filling the MPTET 2021 application form, the candidate shall receive an admit card two weeks before the exam. The MPTET 2021 admit card will be issued online on the official website and no candidate will be given the admit card offline. In order to download it, a candidate has to log into the portal using their login details provided to them while filling the application form or during the time of registration. A candidate must carry the admit card to the exam hall in the form of hard copy along with any id proof and other necessary documents like voters id, Aadhaar card, Passport. Candidates who do not possess the admit card during the day of the examination will not be allowed to write the exam.
How to download the MP TET 2021 Admit Card?
To download the MP TET 2021 Admit Card, follow these steps:
- Candidates have to visit the official website.
- On the homepage click on the notification section.
- Choose the admit card link from the list of notifications.
- Login using the login credentials.
- View the admit card and download it.
- Take a print out of the admit card for further use.
MPTET 2021 Exam Pattern
MPTET 2021 exam pattern is set and decided by the Professional Examination Board, Madhya Pradesh. The exam pattern shows the marks and questions allotted for each subject making it easier for candidates to prepare for the exam. Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 paper patterns are different and a candidate writing both the papers must prepare for the subjects accordingly. The paper is of 2 hours 30 minutes and contains 150 MCQs. All questions are compulsory.
|Number of Questions||150|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 mins|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for every answer, No Negative Marking|
|Language||Hindi and English|
The question paper is a bilingual one, meaning questions will be asked both in Hindi and English language depending on the candidate's preferred language that the candidate had mentioned while filling the application form.
Paper Pattern 1: Primary Teacher Test
Exam pattern for MPTET 2021 paper-I is as follows:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
Paper 2: Upper Primary Teacher Test
The exam pattern for MPTET 2021 paper-II is given below:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development, Learning and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Mathematics and Science||30||30|
|Social Studies/ Social Science||30||30|
MPTET 2021 Syllabus
The MPTET 2021 syllabus for both the papers differ. The teachers will be tested on the portions that the government has allotted for the students of the respective standards but the logical reasoning/ and practicality will be of a higher standard. A candidate must be well prepared with the syllabus.
Paper 1 Syllabus
MPTET 2021 syllabus for paper-I is given below:
Child Development and Pedagogy
- Child development: 15 questions
- Concept understanding of inclusive education and children with special needs: 5 questions
- Education pedagogy: 10 questions
- Content: 15 questions
- Pedagogical: 15 questions
- Content: 20 questions
- Pedagogical: 10 questions
- Comprehension: 15 questions
- Pedagogy of language development: 15 questions
- Understanding of the language: 15 questions
- Understanding Development: 15 questions
MPTET 2021 Exam Centres
The MPTET 2021 exam will be conducted in the cities of Madhya Pradesh. MPTET Exam Centres are given below:
MPTET 2021 Cut-off
MPTET 2021 cut off marks are decided by the Professional Examination Board of Madhya Pradesh. A candidate is set to clear the exam if the candidate's results are about the minimum cut-off marks. The minimum marks required are:
General Category: 60% marks or more to qualify for the exam.
SC/ST/OBC/Physically disabled (only for Madhya Pradesh Residents): 50% marks or more to qualify for the exam.
MPTET 2021 Result
MPTET 2021 results will be announced after a month or so of the exams being conducted. They will be issued on the official website. A candidate must log in to the portal with the details such as application number or roll number and date of birth. The result list will be prepared in the form of a merit list for the MPTET 2021 exam. A candidate must score above the cut off marks to be a teacher in any government or private school in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
How to check the MP TET 2021 Result?
To check/download the MP TET 2021 Result, candidates must follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of MP TET.
- Click on the dashboard to access the MP TET 2021 Result link.
- Under the section "Primary School Teacher Eligibility Test", the link to check the result will be present.
- Click on that particular link.
- Enter login credentials such as application/roll number.
- Download the result and take the printout of the same.
MPTET 2021 Answer Key
MPTET 2021 Answer Key will be released on the official website after the exam has been conducted. A candidate can get an approximation of the marks she/he has obtained by referring the Answer Key.
MPTET 2021 Help Desk
- Address: Chaya Bhawan, Main Road No. 1 Chinar Park, east Madhya Pradesh. Pincode: 462011
- Phone No: 18002337899
Is there any negative marking for the MPTET exam?
No there is no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
Has the MPTET Exam date announced?
The official notification regarding MPTET 2021 is awaited. The exam for session 2020 was held on 19th September 2020.
I do not have B.Ed, will I still be eligible to sit for the MPTET?
Candidates who do not have a B.Ed must have a Bachelor\'s degree in any subject or have a Diploma in Elementary Education from any recognized institution and must have a 50% aggregate in the 10+2 examination for Primary school teacher post.
What is the application fees?
The candidates belonging to general category have to pay INR 600/- for the application fees while the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC have to pay INR 300/- for the same.
Can I correct my application after submitting it?
Yes, a candidate can correct his/her submitted application only within a given time period. The candidate has to pay 1NR 20/- for a first-time correction but after the first time, candidates have to pay INR 40/- for each correction request.