If you have the love of imparting education and willingness to teach students, IGNOU B.ED 2021 is the right course for you. It is a National-level entrance exam conducted for students who want to join this University. With achieving quality education being one of the goals of our country, this University helps provide the right training to the students so that when they get their jobs, they would be able to fulfil the requirements of teaching students effectively.
- April 11, 2021: IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam has been successfully conducted. Candidates can assess their marks using the Answer Key which will be released on the official website.
- April 6, 2021: The admit card for IGNOU B.Ed 2021 is released. Registered candidates can download the same by logging in.
- What is IGNOU B.ED Exam?
- IGNOU B.ED 2021 Exam date
- IGNOU B.ED 2021 Registration
- IGNOU B.ED 2021 Application form
- IGNOU B.ED 2021 Eligibility
- IGNOU B.ED 2021 Preparation
- IGNOU B.ED 2021 Syllabus
- IGNOU B.ED 2021 Exam Pattern
- IGNOU B.ED 2021 Admit card
- IGNOU B.ED 2021 Exam Centres
- IGNOU B.ED 2021 Result
- IGNOU B.ED 2021 Counselling
- IGNOU B.ED 2021 Admission
- IGNOU B.ED 2021 Admission fee
- IGNOU B.ED Answer Key
- IGNOU B.ED Contact Details
What is IGNOU B.ED Exam?
IGNOU B.ED exam is an entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency ( NTA) for Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), for candidates to get admission for the B.ED course. The exam is conducted online as a computer-based test at over 100 test centres in India. There are more than 15000 candidates who appear for the IGNOU B.ED 2021 Exam every year.
|Exam Name||IGNOU B.ED|
|Full Form||IGNOU B.ED Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Course Offered||Bachelors of Education|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQs)|
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Exam dates
The official exam dates for admission to IGNOU B.Ed. 2021 are announced. The dates for the same are given below for your reference:
|IGNOU B.ED 2021 Application release date||Ongoing|
|Last date to fill the application form||March 25, 2021|
|Admit card release date||Apr 6, 2021|
|IGNOU B.ED 2021 Exam||April 11, 2021|
|IGNOU B.ED 2021 Results||To be announced|
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Registration
The official application dates are announced by the University. Candidates can register by:
- Visit the official website: www.ignou.ac.in
- Choose the ‘Register Online’ tab.
- Choose the option ‘Entrance exam’ which would direct you to the list of entrance exams that are conducted by the University.
- Select ‘Online Registration for B.Ed Entrance Test.’
- Enter all the relevant details like name, e-mail address etc.
- Enter the password which is strong and has different characters.
- The application number would be generated and you have successfully registered yourself for application.
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Application form
The IGNOU B.ED 2021 application process has started. Candidates can apply for this exam from the official website by following the below-mentioned steps.
Documents required while filling out the application form:
- ID proof like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, etc
- Bank account details
- Degree certificate/semester mark sheets
- Category certificate ( if applicable)
- Scanned image of your photograph and signature in jpg/jpeg format. Size of the photograph should be under 200kb while the size of your signature should be under 30kb
Steps to fill out the application form:
Once you have successfully registered yourself on the website, you can log-in to fill out your IGNOU B.ED 2021 application form using the application number generated.
- Choose the application form, mention your application number, enter your password and enter the security pin to log-in.
- Fill in the relevant details of the information that is asked and ensure the information is valid.
- Choose your choice of test centre which is closest to your location to avoid any hassles. You have the option of choosing 4 cities for your test centre. Once you select the choices for the test centre, you can not change it again.
- After re-checking all the information you have provided, you can click on ‘submit’
- Upload the scanned images of your photograph and signature.
- You can now move to the payment section. The IGNOU B.ED 2021 application fee is Rs. 600 which can be paid online via net banking or debit/credit card.
- Once you have paid the fee, a confirmation page would be generated for which you have to take a print out for future reference. The application fee is non-refundable.
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the candidates to write their IGNOU B.ED 2021 is as follows:
- 50% aggregate in Bachelors’ Degree and/ or Masters’ Degree in the field of Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity.
- 55% aggregate in Bachelors’ degree in Engineering/Technology with specialization subjects like Science and Mathematics.
For candidates who choose the distance learning course,
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates who have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC /PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government. Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates will be provided as per the University Rules.
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Preparation
To prepare for IGNOU B.ED 2021 entrance examination, one has to understand the pattern of the question paper and the syllabus of the examination. For additional resources, the candidates can read newspapers to update themselves with the current events or use mobile applications like Inshorts. By doing this, they get to increase their general knowledge and improve their vocabulary. They can also check previous years' papers and solve them so as to increase their speed in solving the questions.
The reference books which would be useful for IGNOU B.ED 2021 entrance exam are as follows:
- Arihant B.Ed. Parvesh Pariksha
- Arihant's 15 Practice Sets for B.Ed Entrance Exam
- R Gupta's IGNOU B. Ed. Entrance Exam Guide
- B Ed. Entrance Guide by Subhkamna Publication
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Syllabus
The topics that are a part of the syllabus are as follows:
English Comprehension :
- Basic Grammar
- Reading comprehension
- Idioms and phrases
- Antonyms and synonyms
Logical and Analytical reasoning:
- Alphanumeric Series
- Coding – decoding
- Number Series
- Blood relation
- Logical reasoning (Syllogism, question-based on the statement)
Education and General awareness
- Social science, Current affairs
- Political science
- Aptitude & Development of Student
- Responsibility towards Societies
- Development of Teacher Education India
- Teaching Ability
- Experiments Related to School & New Findings Activities
- Fundamentals & Principle of Education
- Child-Centered & Progressive Education
- Inclusive Education
- Learning & Pedagogy
There are 20 questions that would be asked to the candidates based on the subject they have chosen in the 12th grade. The subjects are Science, Mathematics, Social studies, and languages- English and Hindi.
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Exam Pattern
The question paper will test a candidate's knowledge of English, Currect Affairs, and the subject for which the candidate is applying. The questions will also test a candidate's reasoning abilities, and teaching aptitude. The marking scheme for IGNOU B.Ed. 2021 is detailed below:
|Topic||No. of questions||Marks allotted|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Educational and General Awareness||25||25|
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Admit Card
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Admit Card would be generated once they announce the date of the IGNOU B.ED 2021 entrance examination. The details of the Admit card would contain the exam centre address, date and the timings.
The steps required to download the IGNOU B.ED 2021 Admit card are as follows:
- Visit the website - nta.ac.in
- Click on the tab ‘Hall ticket for IGNOU B.ED 2021 Entrance exam’
- You can use either your name or enrollment number to generate the admit card.
- Save the file and take print outs for future reference.
- Affix your photograph on the space given in the hall ticket.
- On the examination day, make sure you carry your admit card along with an ID proof.
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Exam Centres
IGNOU B.Ed 2021 will be held at several Exam Centres all across the country. Given below is a complete list of all the examination centres for IGNOU B.Ed 2021.
|Bihar||Patna, Purnia, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga|
|Haryana||Ambala, Kurukshetra, Gurugram, Karnal, Faridabad|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shimla, Hamirpur, Kangra|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Srinagar|
|Jharkhand||Ranchi, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur|
|New Delhi||New Delhi|
|Orissa||Bhubaneswar, Sambalpur, Balasore, Cuttack, Rourkela, Berhampur-Ganjam, Dhenkanal, Jeypore|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Bathinda, Ludhiana, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Ajmer|
|Uttar Pradesh||Allahabad, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Noida, Agra, Aligarh, Kanpur, Meerut, Lucknow|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Roorkee, Haldwani|
|West Bengal||Kolkata, Kalyani, Siliguri|
South and West India
|Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Tirupati, Vijayawada, Kurnool Visakhapatnam|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Mehsana, Surat, Vadodara|
|Karnataka||Bangalore, Mysore, Mangalore, Udupi, Manipal, Hubli/Dharwad, Belgaum, Gulbarga.|
|Kerala||Ernakulam, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram, Kannur, Kottayam, Kollam, Kozhikode|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Amravati, Nasik, Nanded, Aurangabad.|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tirunelveli|
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Results
The IGNOU B.ED 2021 results will be declared after the entrance examination is conducted and the results will be uploaded on nta.ac.in
The procedure for finding out IGNOU B.ED 2021 results are as follows:
- Visit the website of NTA mentioned above.
- Click on the examination tab where you find the results
- Click on ‘B.Ed Results’
- Enter the 9 digit enrollment number and the scorecard would appear.
- Ensure that you take copies of the results for future reference.
IGNOU B.ED 2021 2021 Merit List
There are no negative markings given for the entrance examination, and one mark each is given for the right answer. The candidates would be ranked according to the highest marks achieved which is how they present the result list.
Read More: IGNOU B.Ed Result 2021
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Counselling
The regional centres for IGNOU will issue call letters to the candidates who are shortlisted for the IGNOU B.ED 2021. programme. The list of candidates would be available online including the centres where counselling would be conducted. The counselling session is usually conducted on the weekends and there would be four counselling rounds conducted for IGNOU B.ED 2021. admissions.
There is a list of documents required to be brought in during the counselling session. They are as follows:
- Call Letter for IGNOU B.ED 2021 Admission
- Hall Ticket for the Entrance examination
- School and Degree certificates
- Category certificate
- Affidavit by Student/Parents/Guardian
- Employment certificate
- NCTE Recognized Teaching Program Certificate
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Admission
Once the counselling process is conducted, the candidates would receive an offer letter for admission. The candidate has to submit the B.Ed application form along with self-attested copies of the documents, while the original documents can be submitted later.
IGNOU B.ED 2021 Admission fee
The candidates who have been selected for the admission do not have to pay the fees on the same day. An announcement would be made regarding the payment of fees. The IGNOU B.ED 2021 admission fees have to be paid via Demand draft drawn in favour of IGNOU which is payable at the city where your test centre is situated. To ensure payment is made in your favour, make sure you write your name and the programme which you have chosen which is B.Ed on the back of the Demand draft. The admission fee for the programme is INR 50000.
IGNOU B.ED Answer key
If the candidates have any objection towards the paper, they can check the answer key which is provided in the website www.ignou.ac.in . The candidates would have to keep their question paper as a reference and if they find any error they can challenge the answer key. For every question that is challenged, the candidates have to pay INR 1000 each as the processing fee. If the objection is found to be right, the processing fee would be refunded back to the candidates. The candidates must attach valid proof along with the question they challenged.
Steps to download the answer key:
- Visit the official website- www.ignou.ac.in
- The link for the IGNOU B.Ed answer key would be provided on the home page. Click on it and you would be directed to a new page.
- Enter your application number, password and security pin and submit the details.
- The answer key would now be available for download.
IGNOU B.ED Contact Details
IITK Outreach Centre
Gautam Budh Nagar
Noida-201309, Uttar Pradesh.