If you live in Rajasthan and if want to pursue a Basic School Teaching Course (BSTC), then you should take up this State-level Diploma Entrance Exam. The BSTC Exam is now called the Rajasthan Pre D.El.Ed. Examination. A few major functionalities of this department is setting up new elementary rules, implementing them, governing the elementary education sector, and increasing its scope by promoting them.
- October 7, 2020: The Rajasthan BSTC 2020 Exam Results are declared. The link to check the results will soon be made available. Candidates will be able to check their scorecards through this link.
- October 4, 2020: Candidates who had paid the application fee twice can now apply for refund. Last date to apply for refund is October 15, 2020.
- What is the BSTC Exam?
- BSTC 2020 Exam Date
- BSTC 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- BSTC 2020 Syllabus
- BSTC 2020 Exam pattern
- BSTC 2020 Application Form
- BSTC 2020 Admit Card
- BSTC 2020 Exam Centers
- BSTC 2020 Answer Key
- BSTC 2020 Result
- BSTC 2020 Cutoffs
- BSTC 2020 Counselling
- BSTC 2020 Reference Books
- BSTC Contact Details
What is the BSTC Exam?
The full form of BSTC is Basic School Teaching Course. BSTC Exam is conducted by the Department of Elementary Education (DEED), Rajasthan for admission of candidates to the Pre D.El.Ed course. Candidates those looking forward to taking admission in Pre D.El.Ed course for the year 2020 can apply for the exam from June 15, 2020.
About DEED: The Department of elementary education, Rajasthan, is responsible to conduct the Rajasthan Basic School Teaching Course Admission Test (BSTC) exam for admission in Basic School Teaching Courses (now D.El.Ed). Some of the important functions of this department are setting up elementary education rules and implementing the same, governing elementary education, increasing the scope of elementary education and its promotion, etc.
Given below is a gist of the BSTC 2020 Exam.
|Exam Name||Basic School Teaching Course|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Maximum Marks||600 marks|
BSTC 2020 Exam Date
BSTC 2020 Exam Date has been announced by the Rajasthan Council of Secondary Education. As per the official notification, the exam will be conducted on August 31, 2020. The schedule of events and dates for BSTC 2020 is given below. Any further changes in the BSTC exam date will be updated here.
|Notification Released||March 8, 2020|
|Registration starts||June 15, 2020|
|Deadline of Application Submission||July 17, 2020|
|Last Date for Registration Fee||July 15, 2020|
|Admit Card availability||August 25, 2020|
|Exam Date||August 31, 2020|
|Exam Time||2:00 PM-5:00 PM|
|Final Answer Key Date||To be announced|
|Result Declaration||October 5, 2020|
|Counseling session||To be announced|
|First Seat Allotment||To be announced|
|Deposit Allotment Fee||To be announced|
|Reporting After First Allotment||To be announced|
|Upward Movement||To be announced|
|Allotment After Upward Movement||To be announced|
|Reporting After Upward Movement||To be announced|
|Second Seat Allotment||To be announced|
BSTC 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the BSTC 2020 eligibility criteria given below before filling out the BSTC 2020 application form.
- Candidates who are citizens of India are eligible to apply for Rajasthan BSTC 2020. Candidates who hold the Domicile Certificate for the state of Rajasthan can also apply.
- In order to be eligible for BSTC 2020, candidates need to qualify their HSC from Rajasthan Education Board or the equivalent exam which is recognized by ICSE/CBSE.
- Candidates who are appearing for the 10+2 qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the exam. But they have to be completely eligible by the time of counseling.
- The minimum percentage of marks to be scored by the aspiring candidates belonging to various categories in order to be eligible to apply for the BSTC 2020 Exam is given below
|Category||Minimum Marks in 12th|
|SC / ST / OBC / PwD / Widow / Divorcee||45 %|
Students applying for BSTC 2020 shall be less than 28 years of age. Candidates belonging to the reserved categories will be provided 5 years of age relaxation. Candidates are advised to make sure they meet the eligibility criteria before applying to prevent any confusion later on.
BSTC 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for BSTC 2020 is mentioned below.
Seating Arrangement Analysis, Blood Relations, Reasoning, Analogy, Discrimination, & Logical thinking.
Narrations, Correction of Sentences, Spotting Errors, Comprehension, Kind of Sentences, Sentence Completion, Synonym, Spelling Errors, One-word Substitutions, Connectives, Articles, Prepositions, Vocabulary, Tense, Antonym.
General Awareness (of Rajasthan):
Geographical Aspects, Political Aspects, Historical Aspects, Economic Aspects, Art, Literature Aspects & Culture, Folk Life, Tourism Aspects, and Social Aspects.
Teaching Learning, Professional Attitude, Creativity, Leadership Quality, Communication Skills Continuous, and Comprehensive Evaluation, and Social Sensitivity.
The detailed syllabus of the BSTC 2020 Exam will be available on the official website under the link 'Download BSTC Syllabus'. Preparation efforts based on the syllabus and exam pattern will be helpful to score better marks in the examination.
BSTC 2020 Exam Pattern
BSTC 2020 Exam will be conducted offline i.e. pen and paper mode. The question paper will be consisting of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ). Each question correctly answered will fetch the candidate 3 marks and there will be no negative marking for the wrongly attempted answers. A total of 200 questions will be given carrying 600 marks in total.
Candidates have an option to opt for a General (English + Hindi) or Sanskrit (English + Sanskrit) teaching course. For the General Course Test, the BSTC 2020 exam pattern along with the section-wise marks is given below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|English Language Ability||20||60|
|Sanskrit/Hindi Language Ability||30||90|
BSTC 2020 Application Form
The applications for BSTC 2020 have been closed. Candidates who are interested in pursuing D.El.Ed course under Rajasthan Council of Secondary Education is advised to fill the application form with correct details. This is because if at a later stage, it is found that you have forged the personal details, your candidature will be canceled.
How to fill the BSTC 2020 Application Form?
Follow the below steps to apply for BSTC 2020 successfully.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of BSTC (www.predeled.com)
- Step 2: Find and click on the Application Form link and fill your form with al your correct information.
- Step 3: After filling the application form, upload the required documents like passport-size photograph and signature image.
- Step 4: Post that, you will need to finalize your registration by paying the application fee for BSTC. BSTC Application fee is the same for candidates applying for General or Sanskrit teaching courses i.e. INR 400. But if a candidate wishes to study both General and Sanskrit, then he/she has to pay INR 450. The fee can be paid by Debit/Credit Card/Internet Banking.
- Step 5: After you pay the application fee, your application form will be considered complete and you can take the print out of the form.
Documents required while filling out BSTC 2020 Application Form
Valid E-mail Id, Class 10 and 12 Mark sheets, Caste Certificate, Id Proof, Signature (Scanned), Photograph (scanned). Candidates should also maintain the same contact number that they provided at the time of registration until the completion of all the processes.
Given below are the specifications of the scanned photograph and signature:
|Photograph||Up to 100 kB||8cm X 10cm||JPG/GIF/BMP|
|Signature||Up to 50 kB||5cm X 3cm||JPG/GIF/BMP|
BSTC 2020 Admit Card
BSTC 2020 Admit Card is the most important document from a candidate's perspective as without it any candidate would not be allowed to enter the examination hall. Candidates can download the admit cards approximately one week before the BSTC Exam.
Candidates have to download their admit cards from the official website of BSTC once they are available. Under any case, the admit cards would not be sent by post to the candidates. Any requests regarding the same would not be entertained at any cost.
Visit BSTC 2020 Admit Card for a direct link to download the admit card.
How to download BSTC 2020 Admit Card?
Given below are the steps to download the BSTC 2020, Admit Card:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of BSTC 2020.
- Step 2: In the notification section, click on the 'Download Admit Card' link.
- Step 3: Login using the credentials provided at the time of registration.
- Step 4: View and download the admit card.
- Step 5: Take a print out of the admit card.
BSTC 2020 Exam Centers
Candidates will have to be careful while choosing the desired exam center in the application form. Request for change in the allotted exam center will not be entertained. A list of the exam centers of BTSC 2020 is given below.
BSTC 2020 Answer Key
The conducting body will release the answer key on the official website a few weeks after the successful conduction of the BSTC 2020 exam. Answer key PDF's will be available for the four sets of question papers (Set A, B, C, D). Candidates can follow the steps given below to view the answer key.
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: In the notification section, click on the "Answer key" link.
Step 3: Enter the login credentials.
Step 4: Choose the version of the question paper from the list.
Step 5: View and download the answer key.
Step 6: Take a print out of the same.
BSTC 2020 Objection to Answer key
After the release of the provisional answer key, candidates will be able to raise objections. Candidates will have to visit the official website and submit all the relevant documents to justify their answers. The objections will be analyzed by a bunch of experts. The final answer key will be released after considering all the objections. No objections will be entertained after the release of the final answer key.
BSTC 2020 Result
BSTC 2020 Result will be available on the official website and the candidates will be able to check that on the date mentioned. The dates will be announced after the exam which is scheduled to be held on August 31, 2020 Qualifying candidates will be called by Kota University for the counseling rounds.
How to check BSTC 2020 Results?
- Step 1: Firstly, you will need to visit the official website of the BSTC 2020 Exam.
- Step 2: In the notification section click on the "Results" link.
- Step 3: Post that, the system will demand your application number and date of birth as login credentials. Fill the details required and afterward click on the "Submit" option.
- Step 4: In this step, you will be able to see your results and can print out the same.
Details Mentioned in the BSTC 2020 Result
The following details will be mentioned in the BSTC 2020 Result
Name of the candidates, Roll Number, Gender, Category, Father's Name, Total Marks, Marks obtained in each section, Maximum marks, Counseling serial number, and other general instructions.
Steps to follow if the candidate is unable to check results
Sometimes due to some error, candidates will not be able to view their results. We've listed a few points to help candidates in such situations.
- Candidates are requested to first check their internet connection. Sometimes due to poor connectivity, the page might not respond properly.
- Make sure there are no errors in the entered register number/roll number.
- Check whether the date of birth is entered in the correct format.
- If the candidates are still unable to view their results, then they should contact the concerned authorities using the contact details provided at the end of the page.
For more details about the results, check - Rajasthan BSTC Result 2020
BSTC 2020 Cutoff
BSTC 2020 Cutoffs are released just after the result is declared. A list of qualified candidates and qualifying marks are released by the conducting body and the students are then called for counseling. Cutoffs every year depending on the following factors:
Number of Candidates who appeared in the Exam, Difficulty Level of the Exam, Total number of posts available, Marks obtained by candidates in different sections, previous cutoff trends.
The BSTC 2020 Cutoff is expected to drop by 50-70 marks as the paper was considered to be comparatively easy and as the session was delayed the number of candidates who appeared for the exam has decreased.
The expected cutoff of BSTC 2020 is mentioned below.
|General (Male)||400 - 450|
|General (Female)||400 - 420|
|SC (Male)||350 - 390|
|SC (Female)||300 - 350|
|ST (Male)||350 - 380|
|ST (Female)||300 - 325|
|OBC (Male)||360 - 410|
|OBC (Female)||380 - 390|
The previous year cutoffs for BSTC Exam is tabulated below:
BSTC 2020 Counselling
Kota University will call on candidates who will qualify the BSTC 2020 for the counseling rounds. BSTC 2020 counseling rounds are yet to be announced. Candidates need to download the allotment letter from the official website and take it to the office of the university. Given below is the list of steps involved in the BSTC 2020 Counselling Process:
- Registration: After the BSTC 2020 Results are declared, candidates who have passed the minimum cutoff marks can register themselves for the counseling rounds. The link to register for counseling will be available on the official website. A registration fee needs to be paid at the time of registration for counseling. The amount can be paid via e-Mitra, online payment mode, HDFC bank cash challan.
- Choice Filling: Candidates will be required to fill in their choices of colleges in the order of preference. The choice filling step is important. Close attention must be paid to the order of colleges based on priority.
- Seat Allotment: The seat allotment results of BSTC 2020 is declared on the basis of a candidate's BSTC Exam scores and preference list of colleges submitted by the candidates. The seat once allocated cannot be changed, however, candidates can apply for an upgrade later on. The results will be declared on the official website itself.
- After the release of the 1st round counseling results, if the candidate is satisfied with the allotted college and course, then they can confirm the seat by paying the tuition fee of that institute and complete the admission process within the specified date and time.
- Candidates who are not satisfied with the allotted course and college can participate in the next rounds of counseling.
BSTC 2020 Counselling Fee Refund
A fee refund facility will be available to the candidates online for Pre D.El.Ed (General) and Pre D.El.Ed (Sanskrit). To access the fee refund, candidates need to log in using their roll number, counseling serial number, name, mother’s name, date of birth, etc.
Documents to carry for BSTC 2020 Counselling
Candidates need to present at the counseling center with the following documents with them. Failure to produce these documents at the time of BSTC 2020 counseling will result in the loss of candidature. Allotment Letter, Marksheet of SSC and Intermediate, Migration Certificate, Domicile Certificate, Passport-size Photographs, Character Certificate. If any seats remain unfilled in Round 1, the counseling will continue to fill the remaining seats in Round 2.
BSTC 2020 Reference Books
For BSTC 2020, aspirants must practice previous year papers as much as possible. Subject-dedicated books are few in number. Listed below are recommended practice books that can be purchased on e-commerce websites:
|Book||Author / Publication|
|Pre D.L.D BSTC Exam Guide With Free Solved Papers||Lakshya|
|Pre D.L.D BSTC General/Sanskrit Exam Guide||Sikhwal|
|Pre D.L.D BSTC 10 Model Test Papers||Herald|
Candidates can use the details mentioned below to address any queries related to the BSTC 2020 Exam
- Official Website: predeled.com
- Helpline Number: 0151 222 6551
- Contact Hours: 9.30 AM to 6.00 PM (Monday to Saturday)
- Address: Lalgarh Palace, near Bikaner, Rajasthan - 334001