The IGNOU library courses admission form can be submitted online and Offline for the courses. The foreign nationals taking IGNOU Library Courses admission are advised to visit the International division of the university for the program on offer for them. Check IGNOU BLIS Admission and Fees.
The IGNOU library courses admission form can be submitted online for the courses, except for the International students. This facility is available for the program except for the merit-based and entrance test based program. The prospectus is present on the official website, where all the details regarding the program can be found, which the students can download. The applicants are required to create their user IDs and password for logging and then are required to fill in all the details and information asked. The IGNOU Library courses admission fees can be paid online through various means such as net banking, debit card, credit card, and so on. The candidate also needs to pay the registration fee of Rs 200 along with the program fees. The IGNOU Library courses mentioned below take admissions in both the January and July admission cycle.
List of Topics:
- List of Programs
- Admission Checklist
- Important Points
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Fees
- Admission for International Students Residing in India
- About IGNOU
|HIGHLIGHTS OF INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, NEW DELHI|
|Year of Establishment||1985|
|Recognition||UGC, AIU, AICTE|
|Number of Students||4 Million+|
|Infrastructure||Computer Labs, Cafeteria, Laboratory, Library, Auditorium, Hostel, Gym|
|Address||IGNOU Residential Campus Road, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi, Delhi - 110068, India|
|IGNOU Helpline Number||29533870,29533869, 29532072,29572514|
List of IGNOU Library Programs
- Master of Library and Information Science
- Post Graduation Diploma in Library Automation and Networking
- Certificate in Library and Information science
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Doctor of Philosophy in Library & Information Science
IGNOU Library Courses Admission Checklist
All candidates interested in the IGNOU Library Courses Admission must ensure and double-check the following points to avoid any mistakes or confusion during the application procedure. Following are the checklist to keep in mind:
- The candidates must fulfill the eligibility conditions for each program.
- The candidate must fill their category under General/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PwD/Transgender correctly in the relevant column.
- The candidates should put their city of examination and code correctly.
- The Person with Disability (PwD) candidates should fill the appropriate column while the others must leave it empty.
- The candidates must keep a printout of the Application Form confirmation page for their record.
IGNOU Library Courses Admission Important Points
During the time of the admission, the following are some essential extra points to keep in mind for every aspiring IGNOU Library Courses Admission applicant:
- Every candidate must appear in the entrance test before applying for IGNOU admission.
- They must fill their complete and correct postal address with the valid PIN Code. The NTA won’t be accountable for the loss of proper speech.
- The candidate should provide a proper email address and phone number while IGNOU MBA Admission 2021 for further communications.
- No changes can be made in the application forms by application. NTA will send any communication through email or SMS.
- No online form for IGNOU MBA Admission 2021 can be withdrawn once submitted.
- Any applicant will be rejected if they don’t fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must submit only one Application Form. If he/she offers more than one Application Form, the candidature might get canceled.
- In any case, the candidate provides incorrect information; he/she might face penal action as per the law.
IGNOU Librarian Courses Description
Master of Library and Information Science
The general objective of this program is to contribute to building professional human resources to meet the varied demands for information handling in libraries and information centers in the country. The program comprises core courses (7) and Elective Courses (2). The medium of instruction is English, whereas the students can also write the assignments and TEE in the Hindi language. The course duration period is a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 2 years.
Post Graduation Diploma in Library Automation and Networking
The Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation and Networking (PGDLAN) aims at developing the professional competencies of the library and information professionals in an automated and networked environment. The objective of the program seeks to impart to the learner's knowledge and skills such as associated with fundamentals of computer technology and library automation and services provided by an automated library, to design and develop a program by enhancing skills on programming based on specific languages such as Java or Visual Basic or C++. There are many more such skills and knowledge that will be provided in this course.
Certificate in Library and Information Science
This program is meant for sensitive library and information professionals at the grass-root level. It provides an opportunity for professionals who are already working in a related area. The program comprises both the subjects dealing with both the theoretical as well as practical aspects. The medium of instruction is English, whereas the students can write the assignments and TEE in the Hindi language also. The course duration period is a minimum of six months and a maximum of two years.
Bachelor of Library and Information Science
The Bachelor’s Degree Program in Library and Information Science (BLIS) was started in response to the demand for a large number of trained human resources in the library and information activities field. These human resources occupy various positions in libraries, documentation centres, and information centres/institutions in the country at multiple levels.
Doctor of Philosophy in Library & Information Science
The PhD in Library and Information Science was launched in 2001 to facilitate the research work in the library and information science field, particularly in the context of open and distance learning.
IGNOU Librarian Course Admission Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for the Library courses that the IGNOU provides. The IGNOU library courses admission 2021 eligibility criteria are mentioned below for its various levels of courses.
|Master of Library and Information Science||
|Post Graduation Diploma in Library Automation and Networking||
|Certificate in Library and Information Science||
|Bachelor of Library and Information Science||The candidates need to have one of the following criteria:
|Doctor of Philosophy in Library & Information Science||
IGNOU Librarian Course Admission Fees Structure
As the IGNOU librarian course admission is provided at different levels therefore the library course admission IGNOU fee structure also differs accordingly. The IGNOU Library course fees for the same is mentioned below.
IGNOU Library Courses Admission for International Students Residing in India
The foreign nationals taking IGNOU Library Courses admission are advised to visit the International division of the university for the program on offer for them. They are also free to contact the International Division of the university at the Headquarters for more information.
IGNOU, the people’s University was established by the act of the parliament in 1985, and since then it has focussed on providing inclusive education. The University now offers 228 certificate, diploma, degree, and doctoral programs, with a faculty strength of 810 and an academic staff of 574 in all branches. The University is one of the top open universities. IGNOU presently provides education to over 3 million students in India and other countries as well.
Check more Admission Details of Top Colleges:
- NIT Jalandhar admission
- Amity University Gurgaon Admission
- IIMT College of Engineering Course Admission
- IMI Delhi Admission
- Jagran Lakecity University Admission
- Jodhpur National University Admission
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration Admission
- Techno India Admission
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology Admission
- NAEMD Mumbai Admission